PDA

View Full Version : So who outbid me on 257463??

Kansas Ed
02-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Well, I thought $138 was plenty to bid on that ebay auction...apparently not!!:-D I'm betting someone who peruses this site wanted it more than I expected...LOL

I really wanted to try some of these in my 25-20's...Loverin design, GC'ed at 75gr. Anyone have any experience with these in a 25-20...anyone want to sell me a few..sans lube and GC to try? I really like the 95gr version of this bullet in my 25-20SS, but it's too long to feed through the action of my repeaters, and keep the GC in the neck.

Any information out there...maybe they don't work good in the 25-20WCF and I'll quit obsessing:roll:

Ed

10mmShooter
02-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi Kansas,

I have seen crazy things on ebay lately like people paying $1400 for standard Dillon 650 press...it only costs $600 from Dillon NEW. Why on Earth are this people paying these outrageous prices, it makes no sense. People are paying retail price for used RCBS press thats are beat to **** with they can buy a brand new from Midway for less money.... it just makes no sense lately.

williamwaco
02-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Apparently only idiots buy on EBAY.

They have been paying double price for reloading equipment there for years.

10mm is right. Apparently these people don't have sense enough to use Google.
There are at least a couple of dozen places they can buy stuff much cheaper.

I don't get it.

500MAG
02-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Many of them are South American purchases and also Australia purchases. I sold a press on there recently and I was getting all types of messages with huge offers from these places. Didn't want to go through the international shipping process and turned them down.

Kansas Ed
02-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Apparently these people don't have sense enough to use Google.
There are at least a couple of dozen places they can buy stuff much cheaper.

LOL...well if you can point me to a place where I can buy one of those Lyman 257463's (cheap or not) I'd be forever grateful...:-D I think they've been out of production for many years....and from the requests I've seen on this site to duplicate said mold...I'm guessing there's quite a few folks want them.

Why oh why do I like the strange stuff????

Ed

williamwaco
02-16-2013, 10:44 AM
LOL...well if you can point me to a place where I can buy one of those Lyman 257463's (cheap or not) I'd be forever grateful...:-D I think they've been out of production for many years....and from the requests I've seen on this site to duplicate said mold...I'm guessing there's quite a few folks want them.

Why oh why do I like the strange stuff????

Ed

Ed, There are multiple guys out there that will custom make a mold for you in any design you specify.
One of them even has a design program on his site so you can draw and specify measurements right on the web.

I don't know the name.

Somebody step in here and direct Ed to a custom bullet mold.

BCall
02-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Ed, There are multiple guys out there that will custom make a mold for you in any design you specify.
One of them even has a design program on his site so you can draw and specify measurements right on the web.

I don't know the name.

Somebody step in here and direct Ed to a custom bullet mold.

Unfortunately there isn't a custom maker who will cut a mold this small. Accurate only cuts 30 cal and larger, Mountain molds won't cut below .270 it seems.

The only option right now for boolit molds below about 7mm seems to be organizing a group buy through either NOE, Mihec, or Lee.

Wayne Smith
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
However you might PM Dan and see what he has. He has a considerable collection of molds and sells boolits. I don't know what he has for the .25 though.

texassako
02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
There is one mold maker that lists a very similar 65gr version, NEI. They are about the only place that makes single order molds for my favorite caliber. I watched that auction but did not bid.

Kansas Ed
02-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks fellas, but one of our longstanding forum members PM'd me last night and said he had one collecting dust. A deal was struck, and this wonderful little mold is in the process of becoming my own. I have four 25-20's I feed that are just itching to digest this bullet. Can't wait to start casting with it. I hope I have the opportunity to pay the favor back to him or someone else on here some day.

I bet it makes a dandy 25-35 bullet too....

Ed

Tatume
02-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Veral Smith will cut a 257 mold for you.

http://lbtmoulds.com/

dakotashooter2
02-16-2013, 05:51 PM
I saw a common single cavity hollow point mould in 38 cal listed for $150. One could buy the mold new and have it hollow pointed for about 1/2 that...................... or even have a custom 2-3 cavity for around that price.

Magazines are getting crazy.... even the cheap 1911 mags which were about $6 are now going for $25 or more.............

45-70 Chevroner
02-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Many of them are South American purchases and also Australia purchases. I sold a press on there recently and I was getting all types of messages with huge offers from these places. Didn't want to go through the international shipping process and turned them down.
Two years ago I shipped a set of Lee reloading dies to Sweden, The guy almost begged me to sell them to him, he said he would pay all the shipping. I could not get insurance through the P.O., and they said they could not guarantee the package would get there. Well it did, and it only took one week. There was no extra shipping process and no hassel at all. I just put the address on the package, paid the shipping and out it went.

500MAG
02-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Two years ago I shipped a set of Lee reloading dies to Sweden, The guy almost begged me to sell them to him, he said he would pay all the shipping. I could not get insurance through the P.O., and they said they could not guarantee the package would get there. Well it did, and it only took one week. There was no extra shipping process and no hassel at all. I just put the address on the package, paid the shipping and out it went.

Yeah, I know there is money to be made because those guys can't seem to get anything. I was just worried about the PayPal thing because they can say they didn't get it.

Kent Fowler
02-16-2013, 11:57 PM
That's not the first 257463 to go in that price range. One went about as high 6 months ago. I stopped thinking about bidding after the price went past $80.00.

Wal'
02-17-2013, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I know there is money to be made because those guys can't seem to get anything. I was just worried about the PayPal thing because they can say they didn't get it.

I have bought many items over the years from you guys............PayPal is never a problem, all you do is keep your receipt when paying & shipping the package.

Thats all PayPal requires, proof of shipping............no matter how much the recipient may try to claim to not having received their package.

Also when shipping & insuring your package with tracking, most times with USPS the tracking ceases the moment the package leaves your USofA borders, but it is still proof you have shipped the item.

45-70 Chevroner
02-18-2013, 10:28 AM
I forgot to mention that the guy sent US cash money. He probably had to go to the bank and make an exchange. I also kept his invelope that he sent it in, I guess I kept it just as a momento. He also wrote a little note thanking me for all my trouble.

ranger1962
02-18-2013, 11:08 AM
So where are these other sites? I'm always on the lookout for places to buy molds etc.
I buy on e-bay don't like it but I do.