PDA

View Full Version : Grafs

donnie45
02-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Many of you may know that Grafs has a retail store front here in Mexico, MO called Grafs Reloading Super Center. I work about 2 miles from this store, and enjoy visiting and giving them **** about what they don't have in stock. So, I make my weekly visit on my lunch hour to buy some powder and give them some more **** about not having any primers. Low and behold they had everything I needed, to bad my paycheck wasn't bigger:(. The only thing I didn't ask about was 22 LR. They had most all Hogdon, IMR, Accurate, and Alliant powders, and yes they even had about 20,000 small pistol primers. I purchased 1000, plus a couple pounds of powder. I don't know what they have in stock on the mail order side, but if the store is any indication they probably have it. Thought you guys would be interested in this info.

Czech_too
02-15-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm considering visiting some family out IA next month. Wonder if a side trip is in order here. I just checked their mail order site and their showing almost all IMR powder as out of stock, as is SP & SR primers and all .22 rimfire!

Ben
02-15-2013, 03:48 PM
donnie45

If I might ask ? ? ?

What did you have to pay for the primers at Graf's ?

donnie45
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Sellier & Bellot primers were 23.49 per K

warpspeed
02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Well their online store shows no SPP in stock.

Bonz
02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
The online store sold them out a few days ago

donnie45
02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Must just be stock they are keeping for local customers, I did notice online they showed no stock, thats why I thought they wouldn't have anything I was looking for.

Bonz
02-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Has anyone ever reloaded small pistol cases using the Sellier & Bellot primers ? If so, did you have any issues seating them or firing the completed rounds ?

donnie45
02-15-2013, 05:50 PM
This will be the first time for me

Bonz
02-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Please post some feedback after you fire some of these rounds. Really curious because i hate reloading S&B .38 special due to the tight primer pockets on every round

wv109323
02-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Do a search, But IIRC there was a thread about two weeks ago that bad mouthed the S&B primers. They had about a 2-3% failure rate. I can't remember if they were small pistol or LP or SR or LR.
Tula primers seemed to be O.K.

plmitch
02-15-2013, 06:06 PM
I've shot about 2,200 of the LR primers I got from Graf and haven't had one problem.

smokeywolf
02-15-2013, 06:25 PM
I've had good experiences dealing with Graf & Sons. I noticed the other day that although they're mostly out of Goex, they do have all the Swiss offerings and of course their Graf Black. Can't complain too much about their shipping.

smokeywolf

shooter93
02-15-2013, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't give them too much grief about what they don't have, I'm sure they are trying to get all the stock they can. Frenzy doesn't even begin to describe the current buying trend.

km101
02-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Please post some feedback after you fire some of these rounds. Really curious because i hate reloading S&B .38 special due to the tight primer pockets on every round

I havent shot many of the S&B primers (maybe 2-3K) and that was several years ago. But I have to agree with Bonz; their brass sucks. Tight primer pockets, soft brass, off center primer pockets (I still dont know how that could happen), etc. Hope their current primers are better than their brass!

Down South
02-16-2013, 11:12 AM
I've got Wolf LP primers back ordered from their web site.
It will be interesting to see when they come in. My order has been in a few weeks now so eventually they should get around to filling it.
I've had good luck with Wolf primers without the first FTF.

My cost $21.40 per K before Hazmat and shipping.

My cost was $24.90 per K including Hazmat and shipping.

Glassman66
02-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Many of you may know that Grafs has a retail store front here in Mexico, MO called Grafs Reloading Super Center. I work about 2 miles from this store, and enjoy visiting and giving them **** about what they don't have in stock. So, I make my weekly visit on my lunch hour to buy some powder and give them some more **** about not having any primers. Low and behold they had everything I needed, to bad my paycheck wasn't bigger:(. The only thing I didn't ask about was 22 LR. They had most all Hogdon, IMR, Accurate, and Alliant powders, and yes they even had about 20,000 small pistol primers. I purchased 1000, plus a couple pounds of powder. I don't know what they have in stock on the mail order side, but if the store is any indication they probably have it. Thought you guys would be interested in this info.

Are they open on Sat? I am from Sturgeon originally and might come over some weekend to pick up some items.

Randy