PDA

View Full Version : Government firearms agency

waksupi
02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
I just came across this, didn't even know this agency existed. It makes me wonder why the BATF has anything to do with firearms? BATF should go!

http://ttb.gov/firearms/index.shtml

45nut
02-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, or TTB. TTB was created in January of 2003, when the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, or ATF, was extensively reorganized under the provisions of the Homeland Security Act of 2002. The Act called for the tax collection functions to remain with the Department of the Treasury, and TTB was born.

Yet another agency created post 9-11 to employ as many federal sniffers as possible. Govt has to spend as many bernanke bucks as he prints, and this is yet another example.

popper
02-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Tax collector for guns and ammo. Problem is that now it is under the control of HHS. We know how they do things. Also wonder why HHS buys ammo in internet bids? Why not go to the manufacturer instead of some blind address in Las Vegas. Somebody is making a good profit.

41 mag fan
02-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Yet another agency created post 9-11 to employ as many federal sniffers as possible. Govt has to spend as many bernanke bucks as he prints, and this is yet another example.

Exactly....one more agency within the bureau thats useless and eats up taxpayer money thats paid with worthless money that shouldn't be printed

chsparkman
02-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Actually, TTB is merely the part of the ATF that the treasury dept. kept when ATF went over to Homeland. It didn't cost anything to start up.

shooter93
02-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Simple Ric.....one collects taxes on your property, the other tries to take your property. See the need now? and do you see anything different in the way government works?

runfiverun
02-15-2013, 08:02 PM
let's see if i remember how this goes.
build an agency,collect taxes,use that money to build a bigger agency so you can collect more taxes to make the agency larger.

that's how henry the 8th, george the 3rd, louis the 15th done it anyway.
i guess since it worked everytime 100% of the time it will work this time too.

i wonder what the atf is gonna do when the t/f parts are outlawed.
i gues they will become the A.A.