PDA

View Full Version : Any Ford Dealer People out there?

hithard
02-14-2013, 08:15 PM
I took the plunge and bought a Ford Edge, told the internet sales guy I needed the tow hitch. Test drove the vehicle and all is good. He tells me that they can put the hithch on this vehicle, I didn't want all the upgrades like the one's that had hitches. He say's that they will get one from the factory and it will look just like the others. Which is what you want right, new vehicle and all.

Well today I got that hitch, they drove my vehicle to Linex and had them put a hitch on it. Not even close to looking like a factory installed, heck it's not even a ford product or ford installed. Cannot beleive that they find this acceptable and wonder what my problem is with it.

Well hopefully the Dlr mgr will be able to help this situation our.

Sorry had to vent.....

wallenba
02-14-2013, 08:21 PM
I never worked at a dealership, but I worked 37 years with Ford Motor Co. Parts and service division. All add on type options of this type are dealer installations of aftermarket approved parts. Most all of these parts are sold under the manufacturers brand at most truck and van shops. Ford may pay them to add their logo, but are the same.

enfield
02-14-2013, 09:42 PM
we put both styles on depending on what someone want to spend ( aftermarket is cheaper but hangs down more and no nice built in bracket for the plug ). ford one you have to cut a notch in the bumper cover if my memory is correct. they both work fine but the o.e.m is neater for sure. you should have just spent the big bucks and got the fully loaded one and stopped waisting all your money on guns and stuff , Ha.