PDA

View Full Version : Another Company Stops Sales to Gun Restrictive States

Blacksmith
02-14-2013, 04:28 PM
SEE POST #21 FOR UPDATED LIST

Extreme Firepower has joined Barrett, LaRue Tactical, and Olympic Arms in restricting sales to states that have excessively restrictive gun laws.
http://www.extremefirepower.com/policies.html

Government Sales

The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms. Law-enforcement agencies are typically exempt from these restrictions. EFI, LLC does not recognize law-enforcement exemptions to local, state, and federal gun control laws. If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.

California
EFI, LLC has registered with the DoJ CFLC program and we will sell any product that we legally can to the public. We will not, under any circumstances, sell any of our products to law-enforcement or state agencies until the California legislature repeals the gun control laws that have been enacted, as these entities have lobbied in favor of statewide gun bans.

EFI, LLC will not sell anything to the following local government agencies until their firearm and/or magazine restrictions have been repealed:
City of Chicago, Illinois
New York State

mtnman31
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
I wish more companies would look past sales numbers and making $$$ and do the same thing. If it isn't available to John Q. Public, then it should not be available to law enforecment. Military is a different story, give them whatever they need. How great would it be if all the manufacturers did the same thing - not sell to states that have bans to civilians. Pretty soon, restrictive states would have police going back to revolvers and carrying muzzle loaders...

tanstafl10
02-14-2013, 07:07 PM
thank you email sent same

dakotashooter2
02-14-2013, 07:14 PM
If we could get Glock to suspend sales of guns or mags over ten capacity to law enforcement we would really have some leverage.

41 mag fan
02-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Hahaha..just suspend sales to all law enforcement and military entities....that'd be awesome!!

tanstafl10
02-14-2013, 11:05 PM
rec'd reply from Extreme Firepower saying they appreciated my support of their effort
-
we need to stay in this fight and support one another

waksupi
02-14-2013, 11:34 PM
I heard tonight that two major gun makers now have a company presence in this area. That makes at least 21 firearms related manufacturers here now.

David2011
02-15-2013, 12:45 AM
If the Federal government enacts anti-gun legislation they should suffer the consequences the same as the states, so "Good on you," Extreme Firepower. I am a big fan of our military and support the wording of Extreme Firepower that they "will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction," leaving the military open to purchases.

David

myg30
02-15-2013, 08:49 AM
God bless them in support of our 2nd A, along with any and all the other firearm manuf that join this effort to rid the pollution that the offending states have started to spread.
One of the best decisions I ever made in my life was to get the heck out of NY state 20+ years ago !!

Mike

Doc65
02-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Email of thanks & support sent.

myg30
02-15-2013, 09:15 AM
I just checked Barrett's home page and do not see any notice regarding their support effort ?
I will check again later after coffee kicks in.
Have not verified others yet.

Mike

Geraldo
02-15-2013, 09:18 AM
If we could get Glock to suspend sales of guns or mags over ten capacity to law enforcement we would really have some leverage.

And if Colt would stop agency orders and individual officer sales of 6920s that would get some attention, but Colt makes its money on government contracts and agency sales so they'll never do it.

Blacksmith
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
I just checked Barrett's home page and do not see any notice regarding their support effort ?
I will check again later after coffee kicks in.
Have not verified others yet.

Mike

Barrett was the first when they refused to sell to California after they banned .50 caliber. this was a few years back. Here is a link to his "Open Letter":
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1389702/posts

Here is an excerpt:

Many of you have inquired as to the outcome of the letter I wrote to Police Chief Bratten of the LAPD. Unfortunately, the chief's position did not change. He continued to use his officers in the same deceptive practices formerly utilized with the city council. These few officers testifying in Sacramento ultimately contributed to the unconstitutional AB50 law being passed. It saddened me to have to tell members of the LAPD SWAT team that they would have to send someone for their rifle, because I refused to assist anyone or any organization that is in violation of the United States Constitution. In turn, the department arranged to pick up their un-serviced rifle.

Barrett cannot legally sell any of its products to lawbreakers. Therefore, since California's passing of AB50, the state is not in compliance with the US Constitution's 2nd and 14th Amendments, and we will not sell nor service any of our products to any government agency of the State of California.

GT27
02-15-2013, 02:56 PM
I hope all gun mfgr.s follow suit,lets see how the bans work then...GT27

llwsgn
02-15-2013, 08:54 PM
I wish more companies would look past sales numbers and making $$$ and do the same thing. If it isn't available to John Q. Public, then it should not be available to law enforecment. Military is a different story, give them whatever they need. How great would it be if all the manufacturers did the same thing - not sell to states that have bans to civilians. Pretty soon, restrictive states would have police going back to revolvers and carrying muzzle loaders...
Too funny!

Recluse
02-15-2013, 10:08 PM
And if Colt would stop agency orders and individual officer sales of 6920s that would get some attention, but Colt makes its money on government contracts and agency sales so they'll never do it.

Colt sold out to the gov't and threw their civilian customers under the bus a long time ago.

:coffee:

badboyparamedic
02-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Just emailed them with my support for the decision, got a reply in minutes. Think I will email Colt and ask them their feelings on this issue. Bet it won't be the same...

geargnasher
02-15-2013, 10:12 PM
I sent them a very supportive email a little while ago and got a positive response in six minutes.

Gear

badboyparamedic
02-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Just went to Colt website, can't find anyway to email them. Guess they don't wanna hear from the general public.

geargnasher
02-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Just emailed them with my support for the decision, got a reply in minutes. Think I will email Colt and ask them their feelings on this issue. Bet it won't be the same...

Yup, my immediate thought upon reading the reply from Melinda was that while it's great to affirm each other, it really does nothing to change the situation for the better. Emailing Colt and others is what we should be doing as well.

Gear

Blacksmith
02-16-2013, 12:28 AM
According to The Blaze the list has expanded again and now includes:

Olympic Arms, Inc
La Rue Tactical
EFI, LLC – Extreme Firepower
York Arms
Templar Custom
Cheaper Than Dirt

Here is a link to The Blaze:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/15/group-of-second-amendment-supporting-gun-makers-now-refusing-to-sell-arms-to-law-enforcement-in-new-york-and-other-gun-restricting-states/

It looks like they are announcing these moves on their Social Media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter.

Here is a link to York Arms statement:
http://www.yorkarms.com/ny.html

41 mag fan
02-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Good deal...need to get the rest of the gun industry on board....they fight us by raising taxes on ammo and guns, put restrictions on us that makes us jump thru hoops to attain, or outright ban or just make background checks and purchases unbearable.
It's time the gun and shooting industry fight back, and use their leverage....and tell the gov't or state agencies...you want our products, you loosen the restrictions on civilian purchases.
Of course then they'd be buying from overseas, so the transportation needs to be restricted....
but they prices they'd have to pay, it might make them rethink their positions.

montana_charlie
02-16-2013, 01:12 PM
but they prices they'd have to pay, it might make them rethink their positions.
They will only be troubled if the citizenry prevents the raising of tax rates to pay those foreign prices.

geargnasher
02-16-2013, 02:17 PM
They will only be troubled if the citizenry prevents the raising of raising tax rates to pay those foreign prices.

That never stopped them either. Thats' why we have a 17 trillion deficit.

Gear

41 mag fan
02-16-2013, 04:22 PM
That never stopped them either. Thats' why we have a 17 trillion deficit.

Gear

And money being printed around the clock that's worth less than the paper it's printed on

Blacksmith
02-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Add Midway to the list:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/midway-no-leo-mag-and-ammo-sales-where-civilian-bans-apply/

Garpo
02-16-2013, 07:25 PM
I hope the actions of these companies encourage others to follow. I will support them where and when I can.

TXGunNut
02-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Wow. This thing is gaining a bit of momentum. May be mostly symbolic but I like it. I'll damn sure vote with my wallet in this matter.