PDA

View Full Version : Today I was the victim

tom barthel
07-27-2007, 07:48 PM
I just received a large shipment of lead. The max amt. for flat rate boxes. My regular postman brings the heavy packages to the garage door. He backs up to turn around anyhow. Another driver STUFFED the box of lead into my mail box. I had to get a screwdriver to pry it out. I figure he was teaching me a lesson or just protesting. Other mail in the box was crushed. No use filing a complaint. The package did go into the mail box. Thing is, he had to hold it with arms extended to force it into the box. That's a lot more work than bringing it to the garage door for me to help unload it. He will probably claim some sort of disability from lifting the lead. I'm over being upset. I'm not mad. I pity him. He seems the sort who will never be satisfied with anything. Sad. Take it out on the customer. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else here. Casting has a lot of pitfalls.
Tom:roll:

Swagerman
07-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Sure sorry to hear that about your postal delivery guy being such a jerk.

Where I live everybody knows everybody, its a small one little community. The post office help know I'm an wasted out individual with heart disease and diabetes, so they are more than kind and considerater of driving into my turn-around driveway honking, then walking over to my porch and living a package of any kind.

Our mail box is across the road from our house. A favorite knock-down target in these northwoods. UPS got it one winter from going too fast on icey road, the others four times was just plain bad driving.

Jim

Bret4207
07-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Get him a dozen of the best donuts you can find and catch him ASAP. Thank him for making sure the packages wouldn't fall out of the box. Then tell him there are several hundred tons enroute over the next month and you want to know if a bigger mailbox would help.

armoredman
07-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Hahahahaha!

Lloyd Smale
07-28-2007, 06:36 AM
I live in a small comunity too and what i did was go to the post office and told them when they get a heavy one just to call and i come and pick it up.

Jim
07-28-2007, 08:28 AM
When I was living in Tx. last year, the postal lady came by w/ a delivery. She pulled up in the drive, blew her car horn and THREW the package out her car window onto the concrete walk. Then she left!
My wife witnessed all this. I called the postmaster, told him what happened and he said "She did WHAT!?" He actually came over to apologize and make sure the contents were not damaged. I never saw that lady again.

Dale53
07-28-2007, 11:44 AM
When I was a young man, I worked for my family in a Hardware store and Appliance Repair Shop. We also had the largest "Sub Post Office" in the area. During the Holidays, my sainted mother (who was all of 5"2" and of slight build) saw a Postal Employee using the packages from our Sub Post Office as a football, kicking them into the truck (instead of loading them in carefully). She grabbed a broom, ran to the front of the store and informed the Postal Worker that if she EVER saw him doing anything like that again to HER customers, he didn't have to worry about her reporting him. She stated that she would "Wear him out" with her broom! He believed her and it NEVER happened again.

Sometimes you just have to "take charge". That man was the most respectful postal worker you ever saw after that (both to us and to "our" customers' packages.

However, by far the most of the postal employees that I have had contact with have been really good postal workers. Occasionally, a jerk will show himself - then DEAL WITH IT!

Dale53

TAWILDCATT
07-28-2007, 08:57 PM
my postman is great.we are rural and he comes up my drive and delivers it right to me.ups also. the postoffice is terified of postal inspectors.I dont know abour previous poster but workers just disapear when caught wrong doing and they dont go upstairs.:coffee: :Fire: :coffee:

monadnock#5
07-28-2007, 10:34 PM
The section of state road I live on is flanked by side streets on either side that meet on top of the hill behind my house. That means my house gets bypassed by the motor carrier on her rounds. That entitles me to the use of a PO box, and that's just the way I like it. So when one of the Post ladies (One of three, all of whom are obviously physically impaired to one degree or another. One has worn a sling on her left arm for three years, another has had wrist braces on both hands the past five years, and the Super obviously doesn't lift anything heavier than manila envelopes.) asked if was OK to leave heavy packages sent to me on the loading platform, I hastily agreed.