PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning my .475 revolver

44man
07-31-2005, 10:24 AM
I have only shot 50 or so condom bullets through this thing. The rest are cast. I now used my first thousand primers so figured it was time for a good cleaning even though I clean all the time. Looking in the throats and bore I could see a black coating that even M-Pro 7 would not remove with a .50 cal brush. The brush would be easy to push through while scrubbing. I got my usual leading but a few patches pushed it all out.
After it was as clean as I could get it I tried some patches loaded with Flitz metal polish. What a difference that made. The patches came out black and the bore and throats shine like a mirror. I didn't overdo it but almost all of the black coating is gone. The forcing cone shines and has no sandblasting on it, looks like new.
Now the brush drags hard through the bore so I must be down to steel.
Since Flitz is non abrasive, it could be used all the time. It is milder then J&B bore paste.
You fellas might want to try it. It will make it easier to break in a barrel too.

Bass Ackward
07-31-2005, 11:17 AM
After it was as clean as I could get it I tried some patches loaded with Flitz metal polish. What a difference that made.

Pook, cheek, pa pook pook cheek.
Pook, cheek, pa pook pook cheek.

Flitz, Flitz, the magic stuff,
Just one patch, seems like enough.
Stuff works good, stuff works fine,
It so good, makes your bore shine.

Flitz works so well it makes you want to sing. Knowing the audience, I figured I rap it.

And they used to say that Coke was the real thing.

buck1
07-31-2005, 08:41 PM
BASS OL BUDDY, YOU ARE CASTING IN A WELL VENTED ROOM?? LOL!

GOOD TIP I WILL PICK SOME UP!
Thanks....Buck

44man
07-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Bass, I'm too old for rap. Could you replay that with some golden oldies?

475/480
08-01-2005, 01:38 PM
We are ALL to old for Crap, OH- I mean rap

Sean

carpetman
08-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Whoever said rap was music or singing????????

Bass Ackward
08-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Whoever said rap was music or singing????????

Ray,

Watch that. Johnny Cash was my hero and the origional rapper. And nobody said he couldn't sing. :grin: