PDA

View Full Version : SOG Very Good to Excellent ?

KCSO
02-14-2013, 01:16 PM
I should know better by now but I had to replace a gun of mine that i passed on to a fellow for his CCW class and SOG had these in stock. Rated Very Good to excellent and illustrated like so...

And the second picture is what I got! Rust and all! The take down is loose and the bore is at best a 5 and now SOG will take it back IF I ship and insure it.

I am depressed!

cloakndagger
02-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Whoa.. thats a real downer... is it an 82 or 83? I bought a rough 82 but I already had plans for it, got a new set of grips from numrich and had it park'd green, wish id have never sold it..

historicfirearms
02-14-2013, 03:05 PM
I bought a garand from them a few years back that was advertised as good condition. The barrel was so pitted it looked like the inside of a used sewer pipe. The butt plate was half rusted off. The stock had rotten spots on it. This thing was far from good. Only thing to SOG credit is they accepted it on a return, no questions asked.

L1A1Rocker
02-14-2013, 03:35 PM
I've got a complaint with SOG with the BBB right now. If I get a winning determination I may take them to small claims court. I purchased 12 AK mags and then got an email from them two days ago. They wanted almost double the amount to continue the order. I will NEVER do business with them again and encourage anyone that will listen to not do business with them.

WILCO
02-14-2013, 03:39 PM
I've got a complaint with SOG with the BBB right now. If I get a winning determination I may take them to small claims court. I purchased 12 AK mags and then got an email from them two days ago. They wanted almost double the amount to continue the order. I will NEVER do business with them again and encourage anyone that will listen to not do business with them.

Vote with your wallet. It's the best way.

KCSO
02-14-2013, 04:46 PM
I sent this picture to the sales manager and got a call a few minutes ago. I have a good one picked out for you and we will send a PU order to UPS right away. Apparently this was too much even for them.

Charlie Two Tracks
02-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Good deal KCSO. It's hard to tell what people will accept during these times. Some of the people probably don't know what the gun is supposed to be like and you never know who filled the order. I imagine they have upped the shipping team lately.

garandsrus
02-14-2013, 05:11 PM
I have had good luck with SOG... It sounds like the Sales Manager is going to make it right.

Shepherd2
02-15-2013, 08:19 AM
I've bought a few firearms from SOG and they were never as good as they were advertised to be. I stopped doing business with them years ago.

mac60
02-15-2013, 11:21 PM
They've done basically the same thing to me 3 times. After the 3rd time I quit buying from them. SOG - if you're listening - a non functional gun with no finish and broken parts is NOT a "good condition" gun!

Down South
02-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Wow, that thing looks like it rode around in my tractor tool box for several years.

Garpo
02-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Wow, that thing looks like it rode around in my tractor tool box for several years.

Yup, rode hard and put away wet!

OP, you will find the 82 a reliable and accurate shooter. Miss mine.:(

km101
02-16-2013, 12:12 PM
My buddy and I both ordered Garands from SOG 2 years ago. When they arrived, mine was almost covered in rust. His had a barrel that was pitted inside and out. They were advertised as being in "Good to Very Good conditioon". SOG took them back, but we had to pay return shipping, and eat the FFL transfer fees. NO more SOG for me! You get better odds in Vegas!