PDA

View Full Version : Help on Konus Scope

smokemjoe
07-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I am looking at getting a new Konus Spooting Scope, Anyone using one,80 MM20-60X Zoom. Thanks, Smokemjoe

B747
07-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi Joe,

I got one of the Konus spotting scopes a couple of years ago and have been quite satisfied with the scope. It's not up there with a Kowa scope but sells for less then a third of that scope.

I haven't had any problem seeing 30 cal holes at 200 yards --- your big 41+ cal holes should look huge :-D

I bought mine on Jim Owen's web site --- he is a well known long time High Power Rifle Shooter. They have gone up some since I bought mine --- looks like $260 shipped now.
http://www.jarheadtop.com/KONUS.htm

Wally

RU shooter
07-27-2007, 07:27 PM
I am looking at getting a new Konus Spooting Scope, Anyone using one,80 MM20-60X Zoom. Thanks, Smokemjoe I've used mine for the last two seasons shooting Highpower and dont have a bad word to say about them! I can see 22 cal holes in the black at 200 on a very bright day only, 30 cal that are in the black are easilly seeable, Like all of the scopes it gets dark if you turn it way up But mines usually on 30x the little plastic tripod thats shipped with it is crap though. Its not a 700 dollar Kowa but mine was only 170 shipped and the cash I saved I made more ammo!

Frank46
07-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Joe, I ordered one last ear for my Christmas present. Unfortunately ups must have drop kicked it as the box rattled when I picked it up. Upon opening it the front objective lens was pretty badly scratched. I called Jim Owens and explained the problem. He sent another right away and I returned the first one. Now that's what I call backing up your product. Good spotting scope and well worth the money. Kudos to Jim Owens. Frank

MtGun44
08-04-2007, 04:23 AM
I have one of the 80mm Konus scopes and I have put it side by side
with a 25x Kowa flourite TSN-4 and spent some time watching a hawk eat
a rabbit at about 350 yds. Actually the view was a bit better with the
Konus due to higher magnification, but using the same power the
Kowa is slightly sharper, but only slightly. You can't actually
use much beyond 25X on a mirage-y (is that a word?) day, but when
the air is cool and stable, Konus is very good even at 60x., dimmer than
at lower powers, of course, but not too bad due to the big 80mm
objective.

A true bargain, IMHO. Performance is way out of line (too good) for
the price. Will it hold up mechanically in the long run? Don't know.
I got it for well under $200 from B&H Photo.

Bill

smokemjoe
08-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Bill: On Monday I ordered one from Champion Shooters Supply out of Ohio. Said they took all of them to Camp Perry for the Nationals, That sounded good , I put one on order and but got one in 5 days, $198.00, What a spotting scope like you fellows have said. Set it up here in town at tree tops and ham radio towers at 200 yds. plus. With that 80 MM lense and up to 60 power and its so clear and sharp, I used a Heters for over 35 years then a Simmons for one year and alot of times lost my bullets in matchs. Its a big tube scope but its going to be find. Now the wife wants it to look at the moon., Its a good deal. Thanks fellows for the help, Tombstone