PDA

View Full Version : Olympic stops sales to LEO's

farmallcrew
02-13-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/foghorn/olympic-arms-stops-all-sales-to-ny-leos/

Following in LaRue Tactical’s footsteps, Olympic Arms has announced that police and other government entities in New York are now customers non grata in their store following the passage of new York’s firearms ban. It’s unknown exactly how much business OA does with NYS entities, but I get the feeling that it’s the sentiment that matters the most. Presser after the jump . . .

Via Facebook:

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller – 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago – 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity – will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York – henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz, President Olympic Arms, Inc.*

jmort
02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Good. Liberals don't deserve anything except tiny cars and mercury light bulbs. No guns for liberals.

Bad Water Bill
02-13-2013, 11:57 AM
At least one dealer standing up for our constitution. :-D

runfiverun
02-13-2013, 12:57 PM
at this rate it will be real easy to spot a fed.
the city guy's will all have mp-5's and the feds wil have ar's.

montana_charlie
02-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Good. Liberals don't deserve anything except tiny cars and mercury light bulbs. No guns for liberals.
It is liberals, or children of liberals, who perform mass murder.

Smitty's Retired
02-13-2013, 01:03 PM
I think all the manufacturers should follow suite. Including cancelling any and all orders to any other law enforcement agencies and government contracts for any weapon other than those that would meet Diane Feinsteins Assault Weapon Ban of 2013.

Love Life
02-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Wow. Good on them.

tomme boy
02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Olympic Arms makes a lot of parts for other manufactures. I hope they stop selling parts to them as well unless the other manufacturers stop selling as well.

357maximum
02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Good form....I hope this trend continues.......one can only hope it will wise the right chancellors up a bit.

CWME
02-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Next time I need anything AR related they will be the first supplier on my list. Hope the rest follow this great example.

Jailer
02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
I'd like to know just how many LEO purchase from Olympic. I like their form, but I'd bet they won't be losing much business because of this decision.

Czech_too
02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Here's a company that actually puts principal before profit! How refreshing, I applaud their actions.

waksupi
02-13-2013, 06:34 PM
They also issued a statement refusing advertising to the Fraternal Order of Police.

DCM
02-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Barret set a great example for others to follow, and some finally are!

turmech
02-13-2013, 06:53 PM
The gun buying public needs to express there appreciation for companies that take this stand with the reward of our purchases. This story is circulating on a lot of gun forums and it is good to see the support for Olympic arms.

I would love to see the gun industry as a whole take this stance with the state governments which are putting bills into place which are assaults on the 2A.

Beretta which has a plant in MD, made some similar statements in a judicial hearings held in the MD state house to the judicial committee. The legislature appeared not to listen to the testimony of the 1400 citizens which signed up to testify. There demeanor changed when Beretta talked about how many people they employ and how much they had paid in state taxes. The executive from Beretta said they will move the plant if they pass the proposed legislation.

I hope this keeps up and more manufactures follow suit. Imagine if Glock or Colt did this.

Love Life
02-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Imagine if the firearms companies in New York packed up and moved to another state.

cbrick
02-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Where is Olympic Arms located, are they a NY business? What about LaRue Tactical?

Great start, hope it continues throughout the firearms industry including parts for existing firearms.

His royal highness at the first hint of them not getting the arms they want will wave his hand and sign an executive order demanding they sell to them. See how well that flies with SCOTUS.

Rick

DCP
02-13-2013, 08:03 PM
I really don’t think this is the way to go.

There are certainly good 1st responders that believe in the 2nd amendment in NY.
It would be a great tragedy if one officer dies over this. I will not be part of it.

With that being said, you know all those Chiefs that agree with the O and allowed themselves to be photograph with him I believe it was in MI. That would be a different story.

Illinois is a terrible place for 2nd amendment believers.

Be careful what you wish for gentlemen.

arjacobson
02-13-2013, 08:18 PM
I think this is great. Every firearms company needs to follow suit

Gar
02-13-2013, 08:34 PM
DCP, I respectfully disagree. I know the government hires people and those people may not agree with what their employers do, I know because I was a government employee for several years (Sheriff’s Department). When the elected officials policies and actions clearly showed a total disregard for the laws, I quit.
I have all the respect in the world for first responders and most LEO’s and wish them all the best, but standing up to a tyrannical government is the issue. I for one applauded Olympic Arms action and hope others follow (Remington??). I believe Numrich Guns made a recent move to Pennsylvania due to NJ’s draconian gun laws.

turmech
02-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I certainly agree that NO first responders deserve to die not having the weapons they need.

These are just my opinion, but the main issue is first responders have no more right to life than citizens and thus no more right to weapons to protect themselves. I don't see how the government can deiced that they need these weapons by civilians don't. I value civilian life as much as government employees. Don't forget LE is split with many higher ups supporting the attacks on the SA.

cbrick
02-13-2013, 08:41 PM
I disagree with DCP also, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If the people can't have it neither can they. Period. Not only refuse sales to them but make it every bit as illegal to own them with the same penalties.

Rick

btroj
02-13-2013, 08:49 PM
In many cases isn't a plain old ordinary citizen actually the first responder? Doesn't that make US more important to safety in general than police or fire units? How often are the cops or fire dept right there when something starts? A common old citizen often is.

The entire concept of "firs responder" pisses me off. The first guy there is the first responder, his job makes no difference.

mpmarty
02-13-2013, 08:54 PM
OK Kimber time to step up and do the right thing.

turmech
02-13-2013, 08:59 PM
As much as the national 2 amendment is a slippery slope with plenty of officials trying to strip our rights the real battle is in the states many states are controlled overwhelmingly by anti gun politicians. Where as in the national level it is more even.

I fear once the anti gun states get there way it will set the model for the rest of the country in the coming years. I would think what Olympic and other are doing may be the only hope in some states. That is if we have any hope.

Blacksmith
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
I really don’t think this is the way to go.

There are certainly good 1st responders that believe in the 2nd amendment in NY.
It would be a great tragedy if one officer dies over this. I will not be part of it.

DCP
How many civilians will need to die because of the laws passed by the first responders employers before you consider those deaths a similar tragedy?

Those first responders are free to seek employment in a jurisdiction that cares as much for its citizens as they do for the law enforcement community.

Doc65
02-13-2013, 09:12 PM
This is exactly why, though I really fancy one of the new Kimber's they were showing at the Shot Show, I will not be buying another Kimber their corporate offices are in New York, they are paying taxes to Bloomberg & co. AND have not publicly stood up against his decrees. In my opinion there are better places to move their articles of incorporation to... Sadly also no new Remmy's or Marlins for me either... :(

DCP, I respectfully disagree. I know the government hires people and those people may not agree with what their employers do, I know because I was a government employee for several years (Sheriff’s Department). When the elected officials policies and actions clearly showed a total disregard for the laws, I quit.
I have all the respect in the world for first responders and most LEO’s and wish them all the best, but standing up to a tyrannical government is the issue. I for one applauded Olympic Arms action and hope others follow (Remington??). I believe Numrich Guns made a recent move to Pennsylvania due to NJ’s draconian gun laws.

phaessler
02-13-2013, 09:15 PM
I believe Numrich Guns made a recent move to Pennsylvania due to NJ’s draconian gun laws.

Numrich is still in NY state, SARCO has moved from NJ to PA. Along that note its should be seen as a prelude with Marlin moving out of CT, Mossberg moving most of its operation south, Texas I believe, but as long as the Manufacturers are standing up I'm good with it and support it.

DCP
02-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Yes it would be a tragedy, never said it wouldn't so please dont put words in my mouth.

So if one lives in a State that's anti gun. We then should punish all who live in a the state,
This is surely a slippery slope.
This is what the anti gun people are trying to do to us.
Bad guys shoot up innocent people and children and all gun owners are bad.

The wife and I are looking to move out of State of IL because we have had enough.

We have put it on hold (or wait and see). Seems States that have been pro gun are now under attack.

NO ONE IS SAFE.

Again

So be careful what you wish for.

DCP
How many civilians will need to die because of the laws passed by the first responders employers before you consider those deaths a similar tragedy?

Those first responders are free to seek employment in a jurisdiction that cares as much for its citizens as they do for the law enforcement community.

wool1
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
If we don't stand together....it will be useless for any of us to stand at all.

Bravo Olympic Arms!

Gar
02-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Numrich is still in NY state, SARCO has moved from NJ to PA. Along that note its should be seen as a prelude with Marlin moving out of CT, Mossberg moving most of its operation south, Texas I believe, but as long as the Manufacturers are standing up I'm good with it and support it.

Thank you for the correction phaessler, I mixed up SARCO & Numrich.

oldfart1956
02-13-2013, 10:00 PM
At least one dealer standing up for our constitution. :-D Actually....not true. ;) Just recently gun shop owners and corporations (Cabelas among others) shut down one of the largest outdoor and sporting shows on the east coast when the company running the show decided to not allow AR's or any hi-cap mags or even signs advertising them. Last I checked 350 vendors backed out and shut down the Eastern Sports&Outdoor Show. HUZZZAH! Not that I have any interest in AR's but I will defend their right to own them as well. Audie...the Oldfart..

AkMike
02-13-2013, 10:01 PM
I've never had a desire for any of those black plastic guns before. But now I'm thinking about an Olympic. I like their style.

turmech
02-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Actually....not true. ;) Just recently gun shop owners and corporations (Cabelas among others) shut down one of the largest outdoor and sporting shows on the east coast when the company running the show decided to not allow AR's or any hi-cap mags or even signs advertising them. Last I checked 350 vendors backed out and shut down the Eastern Sports&Outdoor Show. HUZZZAH! Not that I have any interest in AR's but I will defend their right to own them as well. Audie...the Oldfart..
This show was in my current state of residence as well. The local government was crying about loss money since they had to cancel the show. Other vendors such as camping and boating industry loss money too due to the county government. they got what they deserved and maybe they will think twice about such actions. Good for Cabellas who was the sponser. Other hunting and gun vendors stood with Cabellas in effect shutting down the show. It is what the whole industry should and NEEDS to due.

MakeMineA10mm
02-13-2013, 11:20 PM
So if one lives in a State that's anti gun. We then should punish all who live in a the state?

Well, look at it this way, DCP: The new law which NY passed is already "punishing" 95+% of the people in the state. All Olympic and LaRue Tactical are trying to do is make things "equal" by self-imposing the same restriction on the governmental employee exceptions to the law as the law imposed on the 95% of the people.

Why do this? Because this is AMERICA. Americans are for equality and against setting up special classes of people who have more rights than others. While I admire your support for the law enforcement community, there is a bigger principle in play here than supporting some folks who have promised to come help you and possibly lay it on the line for you when bad things happen.

That bigger principle is that in the USA we have the exceptionally rare acknowledgement of God-given rights which the government cannot take away. This law in NY is an illegal law, and these companies are trying to point that out by their choice on how to conduct their business. (Would you take away these company's rights to sell, or not sell, to whom they wished?)

Again, while I admire your defense of the rights of the law enforcement community, what about the rights, or better-said, the sacrifices of all the soldiers who have died to protect these freedoms, which the anti-gun-types are taking away? You are standing up for the POSSIBILITY that one (or a few) future LE officers may lose their lives. What about the thousands of lives of minutemen and other soldiers down through the ages who have already died fighting in America's wars to preserve out form of government including the right enumerated in the 2nd Amendment?

In my opinion, IF (again, it hasn't happened yet, and there's dozens of other AR manufacturers who are still selling their products to NY LE ofcrs) a future LE officer was hurt because of Oly's refusal to sell, than that officer joins the list of patriots who have sacrificed to further individual rights in this country. Has out education system and propoganda of the media gotten so bad that even people on our side have forgotten that the Constitution is the SUPREME law of the land, and one of it's key aspects is the preservation of INDIVIDUAL rights and the restriction of governmental controls?

[Just for the sake of everyone else's knowledge, let's expose that DCP and I are friends in real life, and have known each other since 1989. In fact, DCP was part of the board which hired me at my first Law Enforcement job in that year, and while DCP is retired now, I am still actively in Law Enforcement.]

This is surely a slippery slope.
This is what the anti gun people are trying to do to us.
Bad guys shoot up innocent people and children and all gun owners are bad.

NO ONE IS SAFE.

Again

So be careful what you wish for.

You're not coming across very clearly here. What slippery slope? You mean the anti-gun people LIKE the fact that gun-manufacturers will refuse to sell to govts or govt. employees? How is that meet the anti-gun people's motives? What do you mean be careful what you wish for?

migtek02
02-13-2013, 11:42 PM
our next AR purchase should be an Olympic AR.

runfiverun
02-14-2013, 12:43 AM
why act like that leo has an ar to protect your life.
you are at the scene of the crime for minutes before he shows up.
minutes get real LOOOONG when under duress.
i wonder how the magazine restriction is being dealt with in NY..

FLYCUTTER
02-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Isn't Checkmate Industries in New York? They make great m-14 ,223, and 45 auto mags. You think they will take a stand also against the idiots in power?

leftiye
02-14-2013, 01:08 AM
So did Sarco, I think. Yup, get out of N.Y. Let 'em soak in their own droppings.

Bad Water Bill
02-14-2013, 01:17 AM
After watching some of the scenes in Cloroformia yesterday it seamed like every one there had one of those ASSAULT WEAPONS permanently attached to their hand. I did not check but 10 to 1 the magazines were NOT 10 round capacity.

CA L E Os should LEAD by example or Olympic should add them to the list.

Lloyd Smale
02-14-2013, 05:40 AM
I kind of avoid them because of quality control problems i had with a couple of there earlier guns but ill side with others here in that the next ar i buy will be from them!

boltons75
02-14-2013, 06:13 AM
Now if only the ammo manufacturers would step in. That would really hit em and make them realize the error of their ways.

captaint
02-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Every firearms related company should get right on out of NY. That state doesn't deserve the
tax revenue. They need to see the results of their rediculous actions.

DCP
02-14-2013, 12:05 PM
You're not coming across very clearly here. What slippery slope? You mean the anti-gun people LIKE the fact that gun-manufacturers will refuse to sell to govts or govt. employees? How is that meet the anti-gun people's motives? What do you mean be careful what you wish for?

Well you left out. "So if one lives in a State that's anti gun. We then should punish all who live in a the state,” (The answer is not in this life time or no.)

OK look at it this way, we live in the State of Illinois. The state that gave us the O and he is from Chicago. Chicago is the worst place in the US to elect a President from. I couldn't believe he got elected 1st time let alone re-elected.
We don’t even have CC here in IL. Chicago is the root of all are problems. So there was a movement to allow CC below I 80 and to throw all our bothers in Chicago under the bus. So isn't that what they want to do to New York
And now someone wants ammo manufactures to do the same.

So Gentlemen I will give you some help. You can throw them all under the bus if you want.

But I won't and can't be part of it.

Anti gun states

California
New Jersey
Massachusetts
Hawaii
Connecticut
Illinois
Maryland
New York
Rhode Island
Florida

Add
Missouri
Colorado

Dishonorable mention:, Delaware, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota and Wisconsin's
District of Columbia/Washington, D.C

City in Illinois that are anti-gun
Skokie, Evanston, Highland Park, Morton Grove, Oak Park, Wilmette ,Winnetka and Aurora.

http://smartgunlaws.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Gun_Laws_Matter_Brochure.pdf.

Will your State be next?

Now this would be a different story
http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1102968080770-113/2012+Anti-Gun+List.pdf

jmort
02-14-2013, 12:20 PM
"Well you left out. "So if one lives in a State that's anti gun. We then should punish all who live in a the state,”"

Exactly.
I live in a dumba$$ state, probably #1 in the dumba$$ department. I encourage all firearms manufacturers to boycott this state. I believe the manufacturers have been too accommodating. I believe we started the whole 10 rounds is enough for you krap and the manufacturers caved and the "safety" test and the manufacturers caved. Now in the liberal states, it is a race to the bottom. I don't feel bad for any of us stuck in a "blue" state as the majority/elected officials decide what is what. Vote with your feet and move to a "red" state. Liberals don't want me to have firearms, non-mercury light bulbs, useful gas cans, "fun" cars/trucks, decent toilets, decent shower heads, whatever. Well they control things here and if I don't like it tough toasties. Give a liberal an inch and they take a mile, and give a liberal a crisis and they take ten miles. Please punish all liberal states to the maximum extent possible. We who live here deserve everything we get and then some.

turmech
02-14-2013, 01:09 PM
How I read the OP Olympic was not punishing the civilians they were punishing the government who passed the laws.

DCP
02-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Which way do most Sheeple run at the sound of gun fire?

Then which way do most Sheep Dogs run?

How I read the OP Olympic was not punishing the civilians they were punishing the government who passed the laws.

garym1a2
02-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Don't believe what that stupid group wrote. They are an anti-gun group. FLORIDA IS NOT AN ANTI_GUN STATE!

Well you left out. "So if one lives in a State that's anti gun. We then should punish all who live in a the state,” (The answer is not in this life time or no.)

OK look at it this way, we live in the State of Illinois. The state that gave us the O and he is from Chicago. Chicago is the worst place in the US to elect a President from. I couldn't believe he got elected 1st time let alone re-elected.
We don’t even have CC here in IL. Chicago is the root of all are problems. So there was a movement to allow CC below I 80 and to throw all our bothers in Chicago under the bus. So isn't that what they want to do to New York

So Gentlemen I will give you some help. You can throw them all under the bus if you want.

Anti gun states

California
New Jersey
Massachusetts
Hawaii
Connecticut
Illinois
Maryland
New York
Rhode Island
Florida

Skokie, Evanston, Highland Park, Morton Grove, Oak Park, Wilmette ,Winnetka and Aurora.

http://smartgunlaws.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Gun_Laws_Matter_Brochure.pdf.

Will your State be next?

http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1102968080770-113/2012+Anti-Gun+List.pdf

Phoenix
02-14-2013, 01:56 PM
I kind of avoid them because of quality control problems i had with a couple of there earlier guns but ill side with others here in that the next ar i buy will be from them!

I have more than one of their weapons. They HAD issues in the past but those issues are long gone. There are many more with ALOT more problems than them at this point. I love my 40 S&W AR from olympic. And the 24" Bull Barrel match that can ding a target farther than I can see it without a scope.

DCM
02-14-2013, 02:28 PM

Anti gun states

California
New Jersey
Massachusetts
Hawaii
Connecticut
Illinois
Maryland
New York
Rhode Island
Florida

Will your State be next?

Ok how did you determine that all these states are anti gun and even more so how did Wisconsin get dishonorable mention???!
Was it that Wisconsin allows concealed and open carry, allows NFA items with proper documentation, has the castle doctrine, has at least 6 barrel makers, numerous ammunition and firearms manufacturers??

I guess Floridas' carry laws, castle doctrine and manufacturers are anti gun too amongst others?? HMM

Or are you just trying to bait the majority of the members here?!?!

DCP
02-14-2013, 03:05 PM
DCM
"I guess Floridas' carry laws, castle doctrine and manufacturers are anti gun too amongst others?? HMM
Or are you just trying to bait the majority of the members here?!?!"

Read the link http://smartgunlaws.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Gun_Laws_Matter_Brochure.pdf

Quite frankly your response is a knee jerk reaction especially when I provide you with a link

MakeMineA10mm
02-14-2013, 03:56 PM

Anti gun states

California
New Jersey
Massachusetts
Hawaii
Connecticut
Illinois
Maryland
New York
Rhode Island
Florida

Will your State be next?

So, your concern about a slippery slope is that if Olympic and LaRue do this in NY, it will spread to the other anti-gun states which have or are passing laws restricting civilian ownership?

Well, I'd say you are a little late to the party. This started a few years ago with Barrett refusing to sell any more .50-cal items to government and law-enforcement entities in California, because of Califonia's ban on civilian ownership of 50-cals. So, really, that started things, and these actions by LaRue and Oly are only continued steps down that road.

Ultimately, you are cautioning about something that has already started and ignoring the ethical/moral/principles at hand.

So what if we go all the way down this slippery slope you are cautioning us about? If those anti-gun states have already passed laws prohibiting 95% of the citizens from owning semi-autos and manufacturers choose to prohibit sales to govt. and LE people in those states, I'm good with that. Is this a personal fear that since we live in an anti-gun state manufacturers will limit your personal access to firearms? If so, keep looking at places to move to.

By your own list, or if you would go look up the electoral college results for the last 25 years, you will find that there are certain states which are firmly in the liberal/Democratic camp, and they WILL pass restrictions on weapons, no matter what. Our state is one of them. The only hope we have is the possibility (never a sure thing) that the Courts might over-rule and rescind such restrictive laws. We in the ultra-liberal states will never see our freedoms as long as the coalition of liberals is so strong. So, be wise, and do not pick one of those states to move to, or your going to be right back to square one...

Likewise, you will find ultra-conservative states that virtually never vote democrat/liberal, and they will likewise have pretty loose/nice gun laws. Those are an ideal place to look into moving, if you want security in being in a state where you will have access to whatever you want/can afford firearms-wise.

The interesting thing is that third category of states. The ones that vasciliate back-and-forth between red and blue. In the last presidential election I think they called them "purple" states. Florida and Ohio were the two biggees in the last election. Surprisingly, Colorado seems to have become one. (It had traditionally been pretty solid conservative before.) With the current electoral make-up of the US (about 51-49 in favor of liberals), there is still a remote chance that if conservatives carefully consider moving to "take over" the border-line purple states, we could take back the electoral college. For example, people like you and I who will never have their votes counted in the electoral college could make a huge difference if we (along with 50,000 of our like-minded friends from IL) moved to Florida. There are lots of variables with this, which is very problematic, so this is an "iffy" choice, but it's there, nonetheless. [editted to add: This concern may trump the idea of moving to an ultra-safe conservative/gun-friendly state, because if we lose at the federal level, being in a friendly state may not mean much...]

The bottom line is that this country is so fractured and the sides are so far apart, I find myself wishing the slippery slope would get slipperier. This country's political direction is away from its founding principles and towards socialism. We've lost the media and the education system, and we're quickly losing the Presidency and Congress, which means the Courts will not be far behind.

People are becoming too concerned about their personal interests and not enough about the big picture. I'm concerned about how everything will fall together. The economy, the socialism, government power-grabbing, civil war, China/Russia, and uncontrolled borders/illegal immigration are all possible huge factors which can hit individually or in concert and lead to very dangerous times in our country.

MakeMineA10mm
02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Read the link http://smartgunlaws.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Gun_Laws_Matter_Brochure.pdf

One must be careful about one's sources. That link is to a very anti-gun organization, and their overall point/conclusion is refuted by a serious look at their own data; therefore, I do not trust them as a source.

turmech
02-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Exactly

I read the info in the link provided. It is clear to me that the statistics is based on as they put it a RATE. Not actual numbers. This previous link comes from a CA based origination. In my opinion there views or links have no place on any shooting, hunting or gun related forum.

What I mean by that is they are saying states such as Alaska has the 3rd highest gun death rate. And states like New York has the 5th lowest gun death rate. Just for example of real data The FBI reported that there were 774 murders in NY state and 445 by guns and 29 murders in AK with 16 by guns in 201l. This comes from http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-20

This brochure does not appear to be representing the facts correctly. How can the data be trusted posted be trusted sounds like funny math to me.

Geraldo
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
I guess Floridas' carry laws, castle doctrine and manufacturers are anti gun too amongst others?? HMM

You forgot "stand your ground", safe transport, and that we can have Class 3 weapons. When I applied for my C&R all the sheriff's office asked was if I needed the sheriff to sign and return anything. The only thing you can't currently do here is open carry of a handgun, and the legislature has talked about changing that.

How that site put Florida on a list of most prohibitive states is beyond me. :roll:

garym1a2
02-14-2013, 04:58 PM
The link is from an anti-gun group, hence you can not beleive a word in it.

You forgot "stand your ground", safe transport, and that we can have Class 3 weapons. When I applied for my C&R all the sheriff's office asked was if I needed the sheriff to sign and return anything. The only thing you can't currently do here is open carry of a handgun, and the legislature has talked about changing that.

How that site put Florida on a list of most prohibitive states is beyond me. :roll:

David2011
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
I've never had a desire for any of those black plastic guns before. But now I'm thinking about an Olympic. I like their style.

No! Don't do it! You might find out how much fun they are to shoot. Next thing you know, you'll want a different one for other uses.

David

David2011
02-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Larue Tactical is in the Free State of Texas. Olympic Arms is in Olympia, Washington.

IMO, Oly barrels are a great buy. I've had two of their bull barrels and both would shoot well under 1" at 200 yards. My Oly rifle as never failed to load, fire, eject or extract and it's about 7 years old.

CA outlaws the .50BMG but it's OK to have a .416 Barrett. Go figure.

The government of any state and its subdivisions should not be able to purchase arms that are unavailable to the citizens with the exception of destructive devices. If the citizens can't have Class III weapons or other NFA weapons, by going through the proper process, then the State should not be able to have them either. This isn't about warfare; it's about controlling the politicians who have become tyrannical by limiting what they can buy for their political subdivision.

David

DCP
02-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Now you can add Missouri

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/missouri-democrats-intruduce-legislation-to-confiscate-firearms-gives-gunowners-90-days-to-turn-in-guns/

Will your state be next or should I say what state will be next?

Some are looking foward to the Civil War.
Not me, very sad times,dont take this as at weakness though

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

DCM
02-14-2013, 10:44 PM
YUP! Seems I'm not the only one that actually read the link.

Oly now needs to keep following Barretts' footsteps and produce some 7 round mags that conform with the #%$# law and sell them to civis only. Might need to make a mag lock device too.

Lloyd Smale
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
ive heard that from a few people.
I have more than one of their weapons. They HAD issues in the past but those issues are long gone. There are many more with ALOT more problems than them at this point. I love my 40 S&W AR from olympic. And the 24" Bull Barrel match that can ding a target farther than I can see it without a scope.

boltons75
02-16-2013, 06:20 AM
Cheaper than dirt just sent me this email.

Cheaper Than Dirt Supports Citizens'
2nd Amendment Rights

Recently companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms announced they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states denying civilians to own those same items. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt's policy not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this sentiment.

DCP
02-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Well now we can add Colorado

Soon will most states have a problem?

I was talking to an IL State Police Sgt and he cant find ammo for his AR-15 he keeps in his patrol car.

So what if? So what if? So what if?

Be Careful what you wish for.
Is your state next?

white eagle
02-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Yeah! go team

Bad Water Bill
02-17-2013, 08:04 PM
So sad to hear that the Illinois State Police are going to have to CLEAN UP after themselves when at the range. :(

No more free brass for us peons.

Now they will have to learn re loading.:bigsmyl2:

farmallcrew
02-17-2013, 10:10 PM
I was at a gun show today, and it was busy. I went down the one isle and found a table that had dies on it and I was looking. Guy comes up behind the table" can I help you find something?" "Nope just looking" then he said " you look like a guy that likes AR's" "sure, but in my head I said ummmmmm duhhh!!!!" He pulled out from under the table the new S&W AR. He didn't say who made it, he just handed it to me and said check it out. First thing I looked was the manufacture, and handed it back. I said nice gun but wrong maker. He said why is it the wrong maker, its S&W. The police depots are buying them. That's awful nice of them I said. He looked at me flabbergasted and I said if it was an Olympic I would walk out with it. He laughed and said "what junk!!!!!" I handed him my Droid and let him read the original email that was sent to me.

I told him while he was reading it, that this thread has most everyone in support that other companies should follow suit.

He said "I'm so sorry I didn't know that" I said please read emails, listen to what people have to say. He might even join here. He was shocked that I had ammo behind my speaking. Because we all know that one guy or business that can sell ice to an Eskimo, and people with eat it up all day long. That guy was one of them.