PDA

View Full Version : Beagled my mould ................. wazzat?

Buckshot
07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
.............I was cruising a milsurp based board I used to visit quite often and normally didn't hit the reloading forum as it was basicly jacketed, full power etc. However this time I did and there was a cast bullet situation and the poster said he "Beagled" his mould and got a .316" slug. Got several questions about it.

From his answers he had it right, but I don't think the poster was a member here. Didn't strike me as such anyway. Might not be a bad idea to make a Wikipedia entry for "Beagling", eh?

Also one time over on Gunboards.com on a forum having to do with transitional or BPC type firearms a guy was replying to someone else and refered him here, but said something in regards to 'Boolit'. He said, "They (us) use Boolit for a cast bullet and I really can't figure that out, and why they keep using it". :-)

Ya know, I really don't know, heh. Sometimes it just seems to give some people gas.

.................Buckshot

454PB
07-27-2007, 12:24 AM
I've seen references to Beagling and Felix lube on many other forums. I recall very well the first time I saw the term "boolit"....I thought the poster was just very bad at spelling.

9.3X62AL
07-27-2007, 12:24 AM
45 Nut explains it well in his signature line. Works for me.

45nut
07-27-2007, 01:19 AM
I registered over at the mossy maggot forum (moisin nagant) late one nite and tried to explain what I thought it meant to us and came up a a version very similar to what my sig line is. I thought it was pretty close...........

Anyone can shoot bullets,, it takes a particular craft to use boolits.

HORNET
07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
As a side effect, the spelling 'boolit' makes it past the blocks the IT weenies at work have on almost everything else that's interesting.....[smilie=w: Not that I'd abuse internet access priviledges or anything..[smilie=1:

hiram
07-27-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm a teacher and certain words throw up a block through my school's computer network. I can't search for hunting, gun, firearm, shooting, or bullet to name a few. By using 'boolit', my search goes through and I get on the site. 'Boolit' is a good word.

44man
07-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Liberal crap! All children should learn gun safety and how to shoot. All teachers should pack. Only way to get rid of nut cases is to shoot them.

9.3X62AL
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
44 Man--

ABSOLUTELY!! Unfortunately, academia and reality mix like oil and water. What VA Tech should teach this country is that gun-free zones only make predators safe--whether that zone is a school campus--a city--a state--or a nation. We should take a hard look at whose agenda is getting serviced by demonizing firearms and their owners.

1Shirt
07-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Yep, like the idea of a catagory on "Beagleing" all by itself. Think there would be a lot of good commentary. Know it sure works for me!
1Shirt!:coffee:

piwo
07-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I registered over at the mossy maggot forum (moisin nagant) late one nite...

Anyone can shoot bullets,, it takes a particular craft to use boolits.

Did someone offend?:???:

Jon K
07-27-2007, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Buckshot;205969]

Also one time over on Gunboards.com on a forum having to do with transitional or BPC type firearms a guy was replying to someone else and refered him here, but said something in regards to 'Boolit'. He said, "They (us) use Boolit for a cast bullet and I really can't figure that out, and why they keep using it". :

"Boolit"- I agree that 45 Nut has explained it as plain as can be, but just as casting is not for everyone, those that don't pour their own, will never understand. For those of us that do, maybe it is a sickness, but YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!

Jon
:castmine: 2 :Fire: