PDA

View Full Version : Happy Valentine's Day to my Husband!!!

AnnieOakley
02-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post this because I am proud of my husband. He works six days a week to support all of us. He makes sure we have firewood cut to keep our wood stove burning, that we have food on the table and clothes to wear. He is a kind and generous man and deserves nothing but the best. He LOVES Castboolits! He is on here just about every day.

We went to high school together and found each other again after we were both in our mid-thirties. We were both healing from broken relationships when we met again. I had three small children, and he had two. After a long courtship we joined our families together. Now our children are 10, 9, 9, 8, and 6! When our oldest turns 11, they will be 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7!

I love him like no other and have found in him a true, covenant relationship and I thank God everyday for him!

The last few days we have been like ships in the night. He is on second shift and doesn't get home until I'm already in bed, and I have been substitute teaching so I've been gone during the day. But I know that I know that he will check Castboolits before bed, so this post is for you Luke!

I just wanted to share this publicly because I am so proud to call him my husband! I love you Luke! Happy Valentine's Day!

David2011
02-12-2013, 08:44 PM
He is a very fortunate man to have you. What's his name here?

David

Smitty's Retired
02-12-2013, 09:18 PM
He is fortunate. May you both grow and prosper together for many years.

GabbyM
02-12-2013, 09:28 PM
You are a wise woman Annie and he is a lucky man.

True love of my life and my next wife. Has five children and IIRC thirteen grandchildren with another due in five weeks. She is once divorced and then widowed. We both are 57 years old. I’ve two grown daughters myself. Both of us have been knocked around a bit in the relationship area. Until now. Neither of us ever had anyone return the love we gave out. When we were young we didn’t know the difference figured out between a person lusting for us as opposed to loving us . There is a recipe for a broken heart right there.

Neither of us are all that naive anymore.

She doesn’t know this but. When she drags me to church on Saturday night or Sunday Morning. I first thank God for bringing us together. True love of my life.

God nor anyone else owes me anything. Momentarily I’ll think I’ve earned such wonderful daughters as a reward for suffering the slings and arrows before they were born. But no it doesn’t work that way. For one thing life was never meant to be easy so just because you’ve made some sacrifice and put yourself on the line does not mean you get a free ride from God after that date. I may be just lucky. Or some days I wonder what God will ask of me in return.

Hickory
02-12-2013, 10:04 PM
God bless you.
A few times, over the years, when I bring some of those things
to my wife's attention, all I got was a sound that could pass as a grunt.:(

AnnieOakley
02-16-2013, 11:16 PM
He is a very fortunate man to have you. What's his name here?

David

David, he is CoalHog on here but not a great typist so I get to type on his behalf! :)

WILCO
02-17-2013, 12:40 AM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post this because I am proud of my husband.

Good for you! Did the Valentines announcement work?

RoyEllis
02-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Sounds to me that you both are well blessed and I hope the Lord will see fit to provide you two with many decades of happiness in the future!

jmort
02-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Fantastic thread

Wal'
02-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Seems to me, Luke's the very lucky man here.

RugerFan
02-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Sounds like you have a great family. Cheers!

Doc Highwall
02-17-2013, 01:28 PM
That is great Annie!!!

Now tell us about your sisters.