PDA

View Full Version : Magna Eng. Digital Temp Controller

brshooter
07-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Has any one tried the new Magna Eng. Co. Digital Temperure Controller? They say it will contol the temp with-in +/- 2 degrees. $200 self installed plus shipping. Think I will order one to try out on my 90 lb. Cast master Pot.

felix
07-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Ideally, the thermal couple should be wrapped around the spout itself, and of course the wires protected within. It seems to me the pot should have the thermal couple designed into the spout metal itself. Thought of this several times, and there should be someway to do the same to the mold itself without some funky wires dragging around. When both lights are on, on the controller, then it is time for a pour. Putting a mold into a temperature box after every dump is out of the question. ... felix

44man
07-26-2007, 02:16 PM
It costs very little to make up a voltage control with a 1000 watt variable light control. I hold 80 volts with a very small variation in temperature. Turn the pot full up to eliminate the thermostat and just adjust the voltage for the lead temp wanted. The light switch, outlet and box is all it costs---plus a piece of wire and plug.

07-26-2007, 03:36 PM
when adding a 5 lb inget to my 90 lb pot it only changes about 10 deg. i would not order the digital control. i would buy 1000 lb of lead with the money.

Lee W
07-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Send in the pot and save $125.
I have PID control on my Masterpot. Do I need it? Why not.