PDA

View Full Version : Now the black powder crowd can be tactical!!

Love Life
02-11-2013, 01:09 PM
https://www.cmmginc.com/product_p/50ba663.htm

"The muzzle loading black powder upper from CMMG is the best way to bring all the fun of black powder shooting to the AR platform. Attach it just like any standard upper on the Mil-Spec AR-15 Lower, then insert the Single Shot Sled into your magazine well and your are ready to get started. Feed your black powder upper with your favorite .50 caliber projectiles (sabot included), add a maximum charge of 100 grains of pelletized powder, insert a primed .223/5.56mm case in the action, finally release the bolt and you are ready to fire. Cleaning is made simple with 3/4" wrench flats on the barrel for removal giving access to the flash disk"

338RemUltraMag
02-11-2013, 01:17 PM
I guess if it gets people interested in shooting, what the hell why not?

Rattus58
02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
https://www.cmmginc.com/product_p/50ba663.htm

"The muzzle loading black powder upper from CMMG is the best way to bring all the fun of black powder shooting to the AR platform. Attach it just like any standard upper on the Mil-Spec AR-15 Lower, then insert the Single Shot Sled into your magazine well and your are ready to get started. Feed your black powder upper with your favorite .50 caliber projectiles (sabot included), add a maximum charge of 100 grains of pelletized powder, insert a primed .223/5.56mm case in the action, finally release the bolt and you are ready to fire. Cleaning is made simple with 3/4" wrench flats on the barrel for removal giving access to the flash disk"

Is there a finished picture of this... There are a number of politicians to whom I want to ask if this would pass their muster of an ok gun to own..... I could have a ball with this.

Rattus58
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
I guess if it gets people interested in shooting, what the hell why not?

My son has already got my thumbstock being designed to house some tactical mounts for scope, bi-pod and the works.... on a .451... took a cullender painted it black and trying to figure a way to seamless mount the thing over my barrel..... nuts... but hey.... sometimes the best way to make a point is with the absurb.

Love Life
02-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I thought it was pretty neat actually, but not for me. I am still waiting for the right firearm to come along to make my grand entrance into the black powder world.

Boerrancher
02-12-2013, 07:33 AM
I thought it was pretty neat actually, but not for me. I am still waiting for the right firearm to come along to make my grand entrance into the black powder world.

I would start looking for a good percussion side lock to learn the basics with and then transition to a North Star West Trade gun. I would not recommend a flinter to start out with. They can dampen your spirits really quickly if you don't have some experience with a front stuffer under your belt, and once you get on to one and get it tuned there is nothing like it.

Best wishes,

Joe

Love Life
02-14-2013, 05:41 AM
I'm just waiting for the right one to come along Joe. Hopefully one will jump out at me this year at the Big Reno Gun Show.

deerslayer303
02-17-2013, 09:37 PM
WOW! Really? 769.00? You can get a very nice dedicated front stuffer for that. Or a big stack of ammo for the evil black rifle. I don't see the point but thats just me.

7of7
02-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Those idiot politicians would tell you this would be an assault rifle as soon as it was mounted on a lower that had a collapsable stock, and pistol grip.. of course one has to add the vertical fore grip on it..