PDA

View Full Version : Well....That Went Downhill Quick

cloakndagger
02-11-2013, 12:05 AM
So, I'm sitting here at about 6pm and the phone rings.. now, since weve got cellulars we dont get many calls on the landline.. it was my cousin, a city councilman in our nearest "big city" Hattiesburg. The conversation goes as follows.
Me:hello.
Dave:hey cuz how yall doing?
Me: fine and yourself?
Dave:well weve got a bit of a problem.
Me: o?
Dave: are you free to help me a little this evening?
Me: sure man, whats up.
Dave: turn on the news.
Me: i assume its not good?
Dave: correct.
Me: i'm on my way.

So i hang up and head to the living room, switch on the local news.. boom... Hattiesburg hit by massive tornado, university of southern ms reporting several buildings destroyed..........

Me: uuh mom, call the church. I will see yall later dave needs help.
Mom: ok, be careful....

Needless to say the citizens of Hattiesburg Need your prayers tonight, it is laid ruin under the hand of nature. I drove dave's fakily back here to his fathers farm until things calm down. He would not come.

wch
02-11-2013, 06:34 AM
In a time of need, you and your cousin have chosen to "do the right thing"-God bless both of you and your efforts.

P.K.
02-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Prayers sent.

cloakndagger
02-11-2013, 08:13 AM
As far as we know right now, there are no fatalities, but very few areas of town were not affected. Will probably cut outta work early and head back down today and tomorrow.

1Shirt
02-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Prayers sent! That is a nice area of the country, w/good people who need the help of anyone capable of giving same.
1Shirt!

Larry Gibson
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Prayers sent.....please tell me that "Leatha's" is still there.......best BBQ bar none..........

Larry Gibson

Throckmorton
02-11-2013, 01:58 PM
I saw it on the news,and that thing was just plain scary looking !!
prayers up for the folks down there.

Smitty's Retired
02-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Everyone in the area are in my heart and prayers.

missionary5155
02-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Will be praying for them also. May each family see Christain love and help.
Mike in Peru

cloakndagger
02-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Just took a break, the professional relief services are starting to filter in, big thanks to the power companies, they worked all night to clear live lines. if youre headed here, please remember sightseeing is hampering efforts already.

hiram1
02-11-2013, 06:48 PM
My x lives there .I sure hope she is fine.sure would not want something bad to happen to her.

cloakndagger
02-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Well we finaly got run off at dark, but ten 16-25 yr olds, one 10 man professional team and residents managed to clear a 1 sq mile area of most debris, except for a local church which was beginning to collapse and was off limits. The weather service classified it as a 3/4 mile wide f-4 tornado. 82 injured, 0 dead!! I personaly helped dislodge a 2x4 from a brick wall where it ended up AFTER it transited the house across the street going through 4 walls.... saw one tree that crushed two vehicles at different houses at the same time. Let there be no mistake, WE WILL OVERCOME!

Rick N Bama
02-12-2013, 02:09 PM
I watched another video of the storm this morning produced by a Storm Chaser. That Tornado reminded me on the one we had on April 27, 2011 that wiped out about half of Cullman AL. Best wishes to all in the Hattiesburg area.

Rick

cloakndagger
02-12-2013, 03:47 PM
This morning the cops had enough, evidently, theyve started writing citations for sightseeing in damage areas after a volounteer was injured by a sightseer not paying attention to driving over videoing.... buzzards.... good news is that the power authority is stating that fewer than 100 homes and husinesses are now without power. What a job!! thanks esp to our out of state power companies pitching in, I saw Alabama power yesterday replacing line.