PDA

View Full Version : Vent!!! People touching my stuff!

2HighSpeed
02-10-2013, 08:49 PM
We had a storm last night so we made sure all out smelting stuff was covered and secure. Got here this am and it looks as if someone sabotaged our stuff. The cover my husband built was torn down and in pieces, lids off all 3 pots that had lead in them. Our molds strewn across the yard. So annoying. Why can't peoe keep their nose pickers off people's stuff. So what should have been a whole day of smelting turned into half a day of clean up. And I'm still smelting....

DLCTEX
02-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Trail camera time, then butt kicking time. My son has some property in Tenn. and he lives in Fl. he caught a fellow on camera with a gun on his property. When the sheriff confronted the guy he denied ever being there until the pictures came out.

76Highboy
02-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Ya, venting is right. I would be unhappy too. I hope you catch them because that is just wrong plain and simple.

Ed Barrett
02-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Game camera, make sure you get the type that doesn't make a visible flash.

Jim
02-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Not knowing anything about your set up, is it possible the damage was done by the storm?

WILCO
02-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Pics?

2HighSpeed
02-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Definately not. The nails and screws used to hold the thing together where neatly placed inside our big square mold.

My husband has pics on his phone, Maybe I can upload them later.

I think I know who did it, We where doing this lead stuff with one other person for a while, Then he started not doing any of the work (for approx 3 weeks) but was expecting half the profit. We gave him numerous chances to step up and start helping because sometimes life does get in the way but after 3 weeks of it I put a end to it, Its not fair for my husband to work his tail off and someone else profit off it. And since then "odd" things occur.

Oh well, Such is life.

Not knowing anything about your set up, is it possible the damage was done by the storm?

snuffy
02-11-2013, 12:11 PM
A skunk did it!:Fire: By the name of whoever that so-called partner your husband HAD!

Instead of his share of the profits, he should get a bill for the clean-up!

Love Life
02-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Stick a low voltage electric fence around it. Should be quite interesting.

Chicken Thief
02-11-2013, 12:34 PM
A broken nose and blodshut eyes comes to mind!
What an utter bastard (incert sharp/vulgar pseudonymes for: fecal excavation duct, illegitimate child, fecal matter cranium etc.)

2HighSpeed
02-11-2013, 06:40 PM
My husbands been itching to give him a butt whoopin, But I keep telling him its not nice. I dont wanna see his career suffer. My husband had spent weeks making a book commonly used in the army but hard to come by, And this guy stole it, And shrededed it and keep the flash cards part for his own. Way to claim someone elses work as your own. Its just a messed up situation. That family is messed up all the way around the board.

A broken nose and blodshut eyes comes to mind!
What an utter bastard (incert sharp/vulgar pseudonymes for: fecal excavation duct, illegitimate child, fecal matter cranium etc.)

Chicken Thief
02-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Knife a tire on his car. In Denmark that is regarded as simple vandalism and you have to pay yourself, no insurance.

Pee on him so hard that he knows it's you, but cant proove it.

Pop his hood and add a little carborondum to his engine oil, power steering etc.
Pop his fuel cap and add as much styrofoam as you can to his gas. It will dissolve quopious amounts and make a thorough mess of his engine.
Polish his windshield thoroughly with quality wax.
Water his lawn with Roundup (spell something?)
Order wakeup calls from a provider and add calls yourself from a disposable cell.

Need i go on?

Artful
02-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Knife a tire on his car. In Denmark that is regarded as simple vandalism and you have to pay yourself, no insurance.

Pop his hood and add a little carborondum to his engine oil, power steering etc.
Pop his fuel cap and add as much styrofoam as you can to his gas. It will dissolve quopious amounts and make a thorough mess of his engine.
Order wakeup calls from a provider and add calls yourself from a disposable cell.

Need i go on?

My your entertaining at this stuff ain't ya.

farmallcrew
02-12-2013, 08:35 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere. From my hunting spot the road or nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. I had my blind and can set up, first day of rifle deer season, trail cam gone. There are no trail heads from anywhere but the neighbor, and he works out of state.

So I think someone was going to start pouching and walked down the neighbors driveway found the fourwheeler trail and started walking it, close to a mile later, FLASH goes the can, and stealing someone did.

I think its time for the Abrams tank in the driveway hooked up to motion sensors around the property. Only problem, when the deer comes on the property, there might be some fur left. Lol.

I know how you feel!!!!!!!! It ticked me off to no end as well. What's yours is yours what's mine is mine, keep to yourself. Some peoples kids, I'll tell ya.

farmallcrew
02-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Dang smart phone won't tell me when it posts.

Jim
02-12-2013, 08:47 AM
With all due respect, gentlemen, all these suggestions of violence and pay back are not good ideas. When you take the law in your hands, you end up in the hands of the law.

There most definitely are times and situations when/where a good ol' fashioned country whoopin' is applicable and justified, but other than an assailant acting against yourself or a family member, it's not a good idea. That can result in you being arrested for assault instead of the other party being arrested for vandalism.

If the vandal can be caught in the act or photographed in the act, you've got him in a box canyon. Call the law, present your evidence and let them handle it.

I'm sure and certain I'll be flamed for my preaching, but I stand my ground on doing the right thing instead of stepping down to the level of the other party.

DLCTEX
02-12-2013, 09:06 AM
No flames Jim, you're right of course. After being burglarized a few times you develop a cynical attitude toward the low lifes.

Jim
02-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Oh, believe you me, I can think of lots of things I'd wanna do to someone that I catch stealing or vandalising. I have to remind myself, though, that I'll be in more trouble for what I would do.

I find no fault in a man that wants revenge. If you let the law exact that revenge, You can look the judge in the eye with no remorse.

Chicken Thief
02-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Dont get mad, get even!
At the wery least it gives you some sort of satisfaction.

koehn,jim
02-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Instead of a trail camera there are cameras that are motion activated and will transmit to your phone or computer. that way you have the chance to have the cops catch them in the act. i second jims advice about using legal recourse.

firefly1957
02-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Just remember this getting revenge is what that "Nut" in California is all about he did not get his way now it has gone bad!

Bonz
02-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Instead of a trail camera there are cameras that are motion activated and will transmit to your phone or computer. that way you have the chance to have the cops catch them in the act. i second jims advice about using legal recourse.

Can you provide some details on cameras that are motion activated and will transmit to your phone or computer ? I would definately be interested in purchasing something like that.

AkMike
02-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Simply stop by a Best Buy store and look aound at their wireless burglar camera systems. I got a 4 camera one that'll wirelessly transmit to the reciever and that can be accessed by a `puter thr the net. The cameras can be hard wired and do away with changing batteries.
The cameras are IR and do a good job of seeing in the dark. BUT IF you look closely you can see a reddish glow to the IR.

3006guns
02-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Put on some plastic gloves and rub poison sumac/ivy all over the covers, then see who scratches. Just remember to use gloves when you handle them before casting.

mpmarty
02-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Back in the days when I lived in the city we had a string of residential daytime burglaries. One of my neighbors wife went to work with the family car and left husband home with the flu. Around noon as hes laying in his bed the screen on his bedroom window rips and the window is pried open. He reaches to the side of his bed and gets his twelve gauge and decapitates the perp as he climbs into the bedroom. No legal action, no more burglars. Funny how that works. I'd be tempted to rig an IED for your unwanted visitor.

3006guns
02-12-2013, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=mpmarty I'd be tempted to rig an IED for your unwanted visitor.[/QUOTE]

No, don't do it. Comes under the same heading as a "set gun" and is highly illegal, as you have no idea who might come by (such as a small child).

DCM
02-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh, believe you me, I can think of lots of things I'd wanna do to someone that I catch stealing or vandalising. I have to remind myself, though, that I'll be in more trouble for what I would do.

I find no fault in a man that wants revenge. If you let the law exact that revenge, You can look the judge in the eye with no remorse.

Well said!
What we really want to do and what we need to do are often 2 very different things.
Usually what we want to do will cause us far more grief than what we need to do. :/

TXGunNut
02-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Revenge is fun to think about but in practice is a really bad idea. Getting caught is very likely and LE isn't amused by feuds. Even if you get away with it revenge is often harder on the actor than his deserving target.

2HighSpeed
02-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Oh my you had me laughing so hard. It hurts to laugh right now and makes me cough alot.
The roundup one is a good one.
Your pretty good at this

Need i go on?

Love Life
02-13-2013, 12:08 AM
I learned at a young age that pain retains when it comes to learning a lesson.

I like the poison sumac idea, but that can backfire on you if not careful.

Seems like a good fistfight in an undisclosed location would be just the ticket.

2HighSpeed
02-13-2013, 12:11 AM
We have rigged our setup. My husband is a damn redneck through and through.
He hasn't given me the details but he did say that someone was there last night and he knew because there was a huge body print in the Mudd and a shoe. So someone fell. He only told me it involved alot of cayenne pepper, pepper spray, barbed wire and Vaseline.... Soooo idk what he did. But nothing was screwed with last night.