PDA

View Full Version : New member saying hello!

blysmelter
07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Hello folks,
one newbee from Norway joining your exellent forum! Up til now I have only used castbullits (see-quick learner:) ) for my wheelguns and old BP stuff. But I hvae plans for feeding my 35Whelen with proper bullits.

Bulletcasting isnt so pouplar i Norway longer, most handgunners is using coperplated bullets as most indoor ranges have banned leadbullits. Also goverment and treehuggers have managed to make people belive lead is some strange poison brougth in from outer space just to kill us all. They have banned lead ww, lead shot and also there is reason to belive that lead will be banned alltogether in ammo. Sad times:-(
So I am stocking up on ww, Lino, pure and what ever I can lay may hands on.

Nuff said about that; this forum is great-I`ve found lots of info and tips and I am looking forward to getting to know you guys!

pumpguy
07-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Welcome aboard!

NVcurmudgeon
07-25-2007, 11:45 AM
blysmelter, always happy to welcome another caster to our board, especially when he is a fellow .35 Whelen loader. You are probably our first Norwegian boolit caster, so you are triply welcome.

trooperdan
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I'll add my "well-come" as well.. I like your screen name! :) We might even be cousins; I'm told my heritage is some Norwegian, family name is "Henson".

Cherokee
07-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Welcome !!! No matter where you are, we share a common inteerest and will be pleased to share information.

Char-Gar
07-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Welcome.. Good to have you aboard. My Great Grandmother was from Norway.

VTDW
07-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Welcome bro!!:drinks:

Dave

44man
07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
It is great to have someone from Norway here, welcome. Isn't it sad that the same people that pollute the earth and waters claim shooting lead is bad? I have never seen any animal scrounging my range for lead. It is only a backdoor way to restrict guns from law abiding citizens. Kalifornika is trying it now because the liberals have nothing else to do.
Liberals not only want all of our hard earned money to support the lazy, stupid people but they also want to control every aspect of our lives.
Why don't the people in Norway get rid of the creeps? Of course we have millions of stupid people here too. In my state, the Demokrats have tripled our taxes without giving anything back but the stupid people still vote all Democrat and complain every day in the paper. I will never understand red neck liberals. They must feel good when they cry.

blysmelter
07-26-2007, 04:06 AM
One really feels welcome here, thanks!

Why don't the people in Norway get rid of the creeps?

Will not happen, most of us just accepts what ever politicans says is good for us, we are to damned spoild to stand up and stop the nonsens.

BruceB
07-26-2007, 06:20 AM
blysmelter, welcome.

My family and I visited Norway in '99, and took the coastal cruise on "Nordlys" from Bergen to Nordkapp and the Russian border, and back. Took about 12 days, and visited all 34 ports in both directions. Fascinating! We were very impressed with the friendliness of all your citizens, and the fact that almost everyone spoke English.

My daughter was 13 at the time, and had a pen-pal in Trondheim. She alerted him to the trip, and they actually had a chance to meet briefly when we stopped in that beautiful city.

We're all looking forward to getting your input here, as it comes from a different angle than do most of our experiences.

9.3X62AL
07-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Blysmelter--

Another "welcome aboard", sir.

You might be my mirror image.......I use the 9.3 x 62, and get some strange looks when I describe it in the USA--do you get odd questions about the Whelen in your country?

blysmelter
07-26-2007, 12:30 PM
It happens, but most guys at my range is getting used to me and the stuff I drag around. You kind of get attention when you shoot some rounds with at 145year old front stuffer from an enclosed stand:-)
But actualy theres alot of thinkering with wildcats over here, and many bassmentgunsmiths working on "the ideal rifle" for whatever hes going to use it for.
The programs of the national rifle assosiation (nothing like your NRA, this is actually a part of the norwegian armed forces and was founded back in the 1880s as a sort of national guard)is the most popular and their yearly national match, a one week Tv broadcasted event, gathers near to 6000 rifle shooters. This years match starts tomorrow and can be followed on web-TV (http://www.dfs.no/./?module=Articles;action=Article.publicShow;ID=8976 )

http://www.dfs.no/en/

Dale53
07-26-2007, 03:29 PM
blysmelter;
Welcome to the "club". We are glad to have you here!

Dale53

LAH
07-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Creeker says: HOWDY

HORNET
07-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the asylum:drinks: . Grab all the lead-like substance that you can get and look around here a bit. I'm sure somebody in this bunch of enablers will help you find some way to use it up :roll: . Fun place though, but dont believe everything you hear on here about cats and remember..Sheep are notorious liars (or so I hear......[smilie=1:)

kodiak1
07-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Norway Hey dude how is the weathewr over there?
To damn hot to enjoy here.
Hello from Western Canada and enjoy the site.
Ken.

IcerUSA
07-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Wecome Aboard, now ya can sink with the rest of use to the lead demon :)

USARO4
07-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Welcome aboard. I love your attitude, you sound almost like a good ol boy from Tennessee.

blysmelter
07-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Again, thanks for the warm welcoming!

no34570
07-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Hello folks,
one newbee from Norway joining your exellent forum! Up til now I have only used castbullits (see-quick learner:) ) for my wheelguns and old BP stuff. But I hvae plans for feeding my 35Whelen with proper bullits.

Bulletcasting isnt so pouplar i Norway longer, most handgunners is using coperplated bullets as most indoor ranges have banned leadbullits. Also goverment and treehuggers have managed to make people belive lead is some strange poison brougth in from outer space just to kill us all. They have banned lead ww, lead shot and also there is reason to belive that lead will be banned alltogether in ammo. Sad times:-(
So I am stocking up on ww, Lino, pure and what ever I can lay may hands on.

Nuff said about that; this forum is great-I`ve found lots of info and tips and I am looking forward to getting to know you guys!

blysmelter
Welcome to the forum and a big hello from the land down under(Australia).
Geez mate we get them here those bloody tree huggers,I mean sometimes we come to work and there they are chained to the equipment,saying ban logging ahhh don't get me started.
They have banned lead shot here in Australia,but not all lead not yet anyway and I hope they don't.
I'm sure you will enjoy the forum,it is very informative and a great bunch of blokes
Cheers mate:drinks:
no34570:castmine:

blysmelter
07-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I mean sometimes we come to work and there they are chained to the equipment,saying ban logging ahhh don't get me started.

Got to tell a true story!
Some years ago durig whaling season (march-april)two kids from Greenpeace chained them selves to the foremast of a a norwegian whaler while it was mored in harbour. The skipper just let them sit there and shortly before the boat was to leave port he kindly advised them to go ashore. Offcourse this two refused-they were there to stop the vessel from catching any whales. Skipper just sails out into the northsea with this guys on the foredeck. A couple of hours later he returned to port with two kids praying on their knees to be let ashore:-)