PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

sparky508
02-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Hi y'all,

I had been thinking about getting into casting, due to the difficulty of finding components theses days. So i started looking around, checking out websites and what not, trying to figure out if this kind thing was going to work out for me or not. Well today I found out that I have access to a substantial amount of lead.

So, I found you guys here and it looks like I will be diving headlong into this venture. Looking forward to another aspect of rolling my own and learning all the ins and outs.

I got some reading to do........

10mmShooter
02-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Welcome aboard Sparky,

Yeah rough time to be collecting components, give it 12 months for the manufacturers to catch up and or everyone to run out off cash, then you can start collecting your stuff. Its a disease, I started out saying okay I'll cast for just one caliber, then it was another caliber, then it was I'll cast for the rifle, then it was oh yeah need to cast for Grand Pa's gun, etc etc ..you get the idea...its never ends :) but that is a good thing.

Also too you might find that you can barter with your lead here and possibly pickup your hard to find components.

Woody3
02-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Sparky,
Welcome aboard!! The guys and gals here have a plethora of knowledge and are always willing to share.

Nice job finding a good source of lead.

sparky508
02-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Have to admit,
I'm getting pretty excited, and a little nervous too!

waksupi
02-10-2013, 02:44 AM
Welcome aboard. If you have the basics of reloading down, this is the place to learn about HAND loading, an art form.

44man
02-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Welcome aboard. If you have the basics of reloading down, this is the place to learn about HAND loading, an art form.
I can only add that you found the right place!
Welcome.

WHITETAIL
02-10-2013, 08:59 AM
sparky508
Welcome to the forum!
Their are a great bunch of guys-girls here.
And they are willing to help.:coffee:

koehn,jim
02-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Welcome aboard.