PDA

View Full Version : The Value of this site--From Team Boolits

gbrown
02-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I joined this motley group about ten years ago when they were still over at Shooters(dot)com. I just signed up as a sponsor last year. I should have done that years ago.

I just got to thinkin' about what this site is worth to me. If I had to pay a yearly fee to be a member, what would I be willing to pay? At $40 a year, that breaks down to 11 cents a day. That's nothin'.

I think my sponsorship is due to be renewed this coming spring sometime, not sure exactly when. Wiljen said the system would automatically notify me. When it comes due, I'm going to send Willy a check for a dollar a week. That's still just a breath over 14 cents a day. That's nothin' compared to what I get from being here.

I took this off Team Boolits, because I think it should be shared and put before Our Town. I've only been on the site for 2 years, but have learned more here than in 20-30 years of casting and reloading. I feel the same way as Jim. I did what Jim suggested. It's really cheap entertainment and educational benefits for things I love to do. Now some of our members are on fixed incomes and would find this difficult. We have a lot of new members that may or may not realize that this site exists only by donations. Anyone who can (or sells on the site) should consider donating some to the site in whatever amount they can afford to.

nhrifle
02-09-2013, 08:51 PM
I was on the phone with 45nut today, and I have an auction going now for some brass, the proceeds of which will go to fund the site. I really hope it brings in a fraction of what I have gotten out of the group here. Not only is this a great informational resource, this is a place to support one another and complain about the offenses of modern life in all their forms. From time to time, this can be a happily disfunctional group, but everyone here are my brothers and sisters. I don't think I have ever been in better company.

Alvarez Kelly
03-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Well said.

foesgth
03-08-2013, 10:04 PM
I am one of those guys on a very tight budget but I found the money to join Team Boolits. The Lyman Cast Bullet handbook is $23 over at Grafs. There is a thousand times more knowlege on this site and being a Team Bullet member is less than that. Come on folks...click the link it is painless and you get a really cool icon next to your name!

TXGunNut
03-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Form printed, check written, in the mail Monday, maybe tomorrow. Thanks GBrown, for getting me off my ****.
Next!

Gar
03-09-2013, 08:23 PM
The Team Boolit Sponser is only 40 bucks a year, can't think of money better spent.

PS Paul
03-09-2013, 10:48 PM
I sent a small donation to "The Mother Ship" last week. Mr. Brown captured my sentiments exactly when Willy asked "what for?". Sendin' another to Ken when I get paid later this month.

You guys are absolutely right about the value of the forum being far greater than the Lyman publication. Which is good in its own right........

TXGunNut
03-09-2013, 10:55 PM
I still think the Lyman CB Handbook is an awesome deal, BTW. Spends more time by my chair than it does on the shelf.