PDA

View Full Version : Possible Additions to the Periodic Table?

Alan in Vermont
02-08-2013, 08:17 AM
I was searching for things I knew I had yesterday and having only marginal success. Along the way I think I discovered some new elements which should rate right up there with Unobtanium.

Invisibleium, for items that are in plain sight but cannot be seen, closely related, and often found alloyed with;

Hideium, used to make things that somehow end up covered with something irrelevant to what you are searching for. A Hideium object the size of an Elephant can be covered with a Gnat and resist discovery.

Evaporatium, found in the instance where one KNOWS he has/gad a given object but when searched for it no longer seems to exist.

Condensium, appears only after something made of Evaporatium has been replaced, resulting in now having two of them. "Must have come out of thin air". Condensium and Evaporatium combine easily, further experiments may prove that they are opposite phases of the same material.

captaint
02-08-2013, 08:18 AM
I've had experience with ALL of those elements......... Mike

Beau Cassidy
02-08-2013, 08:22 AM
How about shrinkium- That is what happens to the size of a deer's rack when it hits the ground.

10x
02-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Governmentium - extremely large, very dense, almost immobile, not predictable, does not follow rules, and and absorbs, corrupts, or crushes and destroys every thing it touches or gets close to.

square butte
02-08-2013, 08:41 AM
These were some we came up with years ago in chemistry class - Nogozium - Whocarezium - Waswerntium - Whynotium - Whonewzium

P.K.
02-08-2013, 09:57 AM
I think it's an addition to the physical changes but Lymanitis.

When the next edition of the "Casters Bible" comes out AKA the book where you find out "***" did he just say?

Square Butte gets the credit for "Lymanitis."

His correct use of the term in a perfectly understandable sentance refering to a paticular mould of design and manufacture by Lyman:

I've got one that has Lymanitis - That is it only drops at .224 at the largest.

runfiverun
02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
don't forget the horrible cases of can'tseeitism.
this generally strikes children under the age of 18 and generally starts at age 4

symptoms generally include:
waiting untill you are holding something heavy up.
the distance from where you need it to where it is seems to greatly affect it's onset.
the more in plain sight it is the harder it is to see.
the louder you have to yell the harder it is to see.
if it's in a drawer you might as well just go get it yourself.

Jim Flinchbaugh
02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
It isnt an element, but I have this anomaly that when I drop something it instantly becomes concrete soluble and disappears into the crust of the earth.

captaint
02-08-2013, 06:39 PM
How about that Mediaoozium - It's that element that is actually in the deception business, rather than doing its JOB.......

Blammer
02-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Unobtanium is my favorite one. :)

10x
02-08-2013, 08:59 PM
It isnt an element, but I have this anomaly that when I drop something it instantly becomes concrete soluble and disappears into the crust of the earth.

Oh, that is not an element, but "limbo". I set things down, they go into limbo, I look for them in the spot where I last set them, then I look every where else, to find that the object is right in the spot where I looked in the first place. Popped out of limbo...

mpmarty
02-08-2013, 09:09 PM
And then there is the proven fact that doorways destroy memory. Every time I go to get something in another room when I pass through the doorway I forget what the heck I was going to get.

GL49
02-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Hideium and Evaporatium are most usually found in an alloy with Wifemoveium.

P.K.
02-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Hideium and Evaporatium are most usually found in an alloy with Wifemoveium.
{{{{{Chuckle}}}}}

Oh how many times that has happened...

geargnasher
02-08-2013, 10:56 PM
And then there is the proven fact that doorways destroy memory. Every time I go to get something in another room when I pass through the doorway I forget what the heck I was going to get.

Yup, there's a term for it too, Hereafter Syndrome. (What did I come in hereafter????)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57327697-10391704/what-did-i-come-in-here-for-study-explains-why-we-forget-simple-tasks/
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/237974.php

No kidding, it's real.

Gear

Gliden07
02-08-2013, 11:04 PM
I was searching for things I knew I had yesterday and having only marginal success. Along the way I think I discovered some new elements which should rate right up there with Unobtanium.

Invisibleium, for items that are in plain sight but cannot be seen, closely related, and often found alloyed with;

Hideium, used to make things that somehow end up covered with something irrelevant to what you are searching for. A Hideium object the size of an Elephant can be covered with a Gnat and resist discovery.

Evaporatium, found in the instance where one KNOWS he has/gad a given object but when searched for it no longer seems to exist.

Condensium, appears only after something made of Evaporatium has been replaced, resulting in now having two of them. "Must have come out of thin air". Condensium and Evaporatium combine easily, further experiments may prove that they are opposite phases of the same material.

I love this!! LOL!!!

lup
02-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Unobtanium. What factory ammo and ar15s are made from right now.

Bullwolf
02-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Oh, that is not an element, but "limbo". I set things down, they go into limbo, I look for them in the spot where I last set them, then I look every where else, to find that the object is right in the spot where I looked in the first place. Popped out of limbo...

Both of those statements can be used to accurately describe a primer that has fallen out of the reloading press and onto the floor.

Even more so if your reloading room happens to have carpet.

- Bullwolf

fatnhappy
02-09-2013, 12:03 AM
stupidium: an element found almost exclusively in skulls otherwise vacant of gray matter. Most easily found in Albany NY and Washington DC.

oldred
02-09-2013, 05:58 AM

There is certainly nothing rare about these elements, they are quite abundant and my shop is cluttered with the stuff!

facetious
02-09-2013, 06:54 AM
I have met a lot of guys with stuff made with Bullshalitium. That must be why all there stuff is better then my stuff.:roll:

popper
02-09-2013, 04:49 PM
You must know my brother, he's always talking about that stuff. I 'one-upped' him with non-weldium. A material that prevents gold from welding to itself in a space vacuum. Still don't know why they want to disconnect those electrical connectors on space probes anyway.

Col4570
02-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Goneum,as in where the hell has it goneum.(usualy when a tiny Spring decides to escape amongst the debri cluttering the workbench).