PDA

View Full Version : Cataract surgery!

tward
02-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Had cataract surgery this morning. All went well, hope to be driving in a week or so. Tim

Woody3
02-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Tim,
Hope you have a full and quick recovery. How is you vision right now? Do you already notice a change?

Duckiller
02-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Tim I had left eye done on 1-23-13. Vision is still a little fuzzy. Give it time. After being near-sighted for 55 years it is nice to have good distance vision.

wch
02-08-2013, 05:30 AM
I had cataract surgery on both of my eyes, best thing I've done in years.
One thing the Doc didn't mention is that in time there's a chance that you'll have to go back and sit in front of a laser for a minute or so while he cleans up around your new lenses.
Works like a charm!

cbrick
02-08-2013, 07:42 AM
It'll take 2-3 weeks before you see the full benefit but it'll be some better each day. Before you know it you'll be agreeing it was the best thing you ever did.

Rick

Kraschenbirn
02-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Tim...

Had both eyes done in late 2011 and almost couldn't believe the improvement. Corrected distance vision went from 20/50+ (legally blind) in my left eye to 20/25 and from 20/30 to slightly better than 20/20 in the right. I'm still wearing bifocals but, hey, I can live with that. Good luck with your recovery.

Bill

dagger dog
02-08-2013, 06:47 PM
You should be getting the full effect of the new lenses in just another hour or two, the colors will JUMP everything will be in high defitntion !
It's almost like you're seeing for the first time.

Make sure to keep up with the eye drop schedule, now that you got the first one done the second is a cake walk.

If you think something is not"normal" especially after your check up tomorrow, get in touch with the MD asap.

I had mine done the last two weeks in Aug 2012 right eye then left a week later, was having some distortion in the right eye but thought it was a "normal" thing and waited for the 60 day check up for both eyes. Found out a blood vessel ruptured behind the retina and it is detaching, may lose vision in that eye.

Don't want to scare you but just be safe ! Enjoy your new eyes !

Rick N Bama
02-08-2013, 07:23 PM
That's a surgery I'll be facing at some point if I live long enough. Currently I have one in each eye, but neither are big enough to cause any problems......yet.

Rick

reg293
02-08-2013, 07:54 PM
May I suggest you get your Shingles Vaccine shot if you have not already gotten it.

DLCTEX
02-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I had both of mine done in Dec. 2011. Right was worse than 20/50. It's wonderful! Distance vision is better than 20/20 and close is better than before. I went from wearing 2.75 for reading to 2.0. I began seeing things at a distance that I hadn't sen before and wondered why, then realized I couldn't see it before.

Charley
02-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Had both eyes done, about three months apart. Laft eye is close focus, right eye is far focus. After wearing glasses/contacts since the age of 7, it is great not to need corrective lenses. Almost wish I would have developed cataracts earlier ( it was about age 56).

Beekeeper
02-09-2013, 11:26 AM
If I may offer a suggestion,
Buy a good pair of sun glasses and wear them when you go out.
As you got older the normal lens yellowed and you lost some color vision and tollerence to sunlight.
With the new lenses you need to provide that protection with sunglasses.

I had both eyes done in 2011 and still wear sunglasses every time I go out in bright sunlight.

beekeeper

nvbirdman
02-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I had both of mine done last year. What a piece of cake. They shot me up with some happy juice and I laid there on the table with a bright light shining in my eyes waiting for them to start and heard the doctor say we were almost done. The second eye went just as easy.

twotoescharlie
02-09-2013, 02:59 PM
all of you fellows are very fortunate. I too have cataracs but they are inoperable. only have vision in one eye, have beentold could not do surgery until I get to point that I cannot function. I guess they have to cover their ****.

TTC

reloaderman
02-13-2013, 11:35 AM
I had mine done ( both eyes) this past fall. I can see again ! The greatest thing I've had done! I'm 68 and my rifles now have front sights on them ???. I find that now that more light get in, I wear my sunglasses much more ( like whenever I'm out side), but that's O.K., I watch TV without any glasses! Couldn't be more happy!

bob208
02-13-2013, 03:00 PM
wife had hers done one this past dec. the other two weeks ago. now she said i have to teach her to shoot in the spring.