PDA

View Full Version : Win 94 locking bolt problem

Kim
02-06-2013, 12:13 AM
I just traded for an M94 30-30, ser # 1,445,xxx that drops the locking bolt out the bottom when the action is cycled. It works fine upside down. I figure there's got to be a part missing(it obviously had been dismantled many times). What should I be looking for? Thanks! :(

runfiverun
02-06-2013, 12:59 AM
when you open the loop it is attatched to a lever.
this lever is pinned to the front of the frame it also lowers the lug, the loop also cams off this lever to operate the bolt back and forth.

on the back of the lever the locking bolt is pinned in place with a little tiny drive pin.
the long lever lowers and raises the lock lug into position and the pin holds it in place.

so you open the loop [unlocking the lug] lower the lever ,pivot the bolt back and forth then lift the lever [and the lug] back up into locked position.
it feels like one motion but it's actually stopping and pivoting the bolt.
that's why it feels hard at the start and ending of a cycle.

nekshot
02-06-2013, 02:14 PM
If you still are struggling with this issue and you have the ability, get a diagram of the gun and start taking it apart and mark and account every piece and you will find what is missing. I think you will be suprised at the little piece, if it is what I think it is.

Kim
02-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I did a parts inventory and everything is there. The link drops down far enough for the locking bolt to swing rearward and fall out. It seems to me that something should either retain the locking bolt or that somehow the link is dropping down too far. Nothing seems to be bent and the gun doesn't show a lot of wear anyplace. Please, guys, someone must have run across this before somewhere!

Green Lizzard
02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
on mine (a very old one) the wood had become oil soaked and the area between the tangs had compressed a shim under the lower tang fixed it after a lot of looking

stocker
02-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Is the small pin that retains the lever in the bolt in place? Is the screw that retains it turned in to the correct depth?

Green Lizzard
02-06-2013, 10:41 PM
my lower tang had to be proud of the wood then it stopped falling out

Green Lizzard
02-09-2013, 03:02 PM
kim, did you fix it?