PDA

View Full Version : buying boolits

RyanJames170
02-05-2013, 02:32 AM
I am wondering if J&K bullet casters is a good place to buy from?

where do u guys buy them from when u buy.. i personly like having a few on hand at times.

trying2learn
02-05-2013, 03:40 AM
Are you in oklahoma city? The name sounds familiar. I was not impressed when I went by there if you are talking about who I am thinking of. The website shows one price and quantities available but when I went to buy he would only sale them at a different price and quantity. Said rhe website was his gun show pricing.

RyanJames170
02-05-2013, 09:09 AM
http://jkbullets.com/ this place

there also is s place called matts bullets as well

btroj
02-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Don't know, don't buy cast. I cast them.
Make sure they are the size they say they are. Was given some .358 158 RN once. They were actually .356, pretty hard, and leaded my GP100 like nothing else.

1Shirt
02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
When I want to try a blt from a mold that I don't have, I often go to a commercial caster for 100 of that mold to see if I want to buy it. Or, if I don't have the mold I need to load just a couple of boxes or so, I will order. Other than that I roll my own. Some of the commercial casters will sell you their blts as cast w/o size or lube so that you can use your own, and usually at a slightly reduced price. I suggest Matts Bullets, good web page, good service, good quality cast.
1Shirt!

trying2learn
02-05-2013, 11:11 AM
http://jkbullets.com/ this place

there also is s place called matts bullets as well

Yep that's the guys I was thinking of and after I went to try and, buy some after driving twenty minutes after callong to confirm he was there he decided to leave knowing I was on my way and how long I would be. He left and when I called and asked why said he was tired of waiting but if I was going to be there later he had to come back. After seei g the prices on his site I thought it would be worth it to try again. So three hours later I went back to see what he had, after he called me to say he was there I showed up ten minutes later he got out of his truck and very rudely said. What do you want?! Almost a yell or bark.

I told him I was looking for 452 swc design. He asked how many as we went inside. I told him I was wanting only a few hundred to make sure they would work and wouldn't lead my barrel. He then shut his lights off and told me we were done and started locking the doors up. I stopped him and said on your site it says you sale in 250 lots of the ones I want. His answer was. Those are gun show prices and he doesn't waste his time coming to the shop for tiny orders like mine. Its 1000 minimal. I wasted his time.

Then yes I got a slight attitude and told him he had wasted my time by telling me he would wait and leaving then asking me to wait for three hours till he felt like coming back. Amd that I was going to start casting my own to keep from dealing with him.

Now I undersrand needing to sell set amounts to cover overhead. But when you show something on your site and don't offer it in store. Especially for someone who has never used your product and wants to make sure it works like it should. Then get the attitudes he had with me. That rubbed me wrong.

Sorry that is so long I just thought you should know why I said I wouldn't go back.

RyanJames170
02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Yeah I've been looking around part of the reason I asked was due to the low price vs Matt's bullets,

I usually cast my own but I'm looking to load up a few things n I need something I don't have or care to cast

trying2learn
02-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Well I personally would suggest a different company. That place will never see a penny of my money.

Might try buying them here.

RyanJames170
02-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Difrent company other then Matt's as well

Bwana
02-05-2013, 02:44 PM
I bought some of J&Ks 9mm but they were .356 and I prefer .358. They were hard and used a hard lube. Yes, they leaded badly. If you could buy them "raw", unsized and unlubed, then size and lube them yourself I believe they would be good bullets. Whether they do that or you are set up to do that is the thing.

Fluxed
02-05-2013, 11:52 PM
S & S in Illinois makes good boolits:

http://shop.snscasting.com

Mitch Harrington
02-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Yep that's the guys I was thinking of and after I went to try and, buy some after driving twenty minutes after callong to confirm he was there he decided to leave knowing I was on my way and how long I would be. He left and when I called and asked why said he was tired of waiting but if I was going to be there later he had to come back. After seei g the prices on his site I thought it would be worth it to try again. So three hours later I went back to see what he had, after he called me to say he was there I showed up ten minutes later he got out of his truck and very rudely said. What do you want?! Almost a yell or bark.

I told him I was looking for 452 swc design. He asked how many as we went inside. I told him I was wanting only a few hundred to make sure they would work and wouldn't lead my barrel. He then shut his lights off and told me we were done and started locking the doors up. I stopped him and said on your site it says you sale in 250 lots of the ones I want. His answer was. Those are gun show prices and he doesn't waste his time coming to the shop for tiny orders like mine. Its 1000 minimal. I wasted his time.

Then yes I got a slight attitude and told him he had wasted my time by telling me he would wait and leaving then asking me to wait for three hours till he felt like coming back. Amd that I was going to start casting my own to keep from dealing with him.

Now I undersrand needing to sell set amounts to cover overhead. But when you show something on your site and don't offer it in store. Especially for someone who has never used your product and wants to make sure it works like it should. Then get the attitudes he had with me. That rubbed me wrong.

Sorry that is so long I just thought you should know why I said I wouldn't go back.

There is some gross misinformation in this post. My name is Mitch Harrington and I am the owner of J&K Bullet Casters, LLC.

First, I would never leave when I have an appointment with a customer, UNLESS they failed to show or call when they said they would be there. I'm guessing this was the case here.

Second, I don't own a truck. I haven't owned a truck for ten years or more.

Third, we don't now, nor have we ever, sold our bullets in 250 count lots. We do sell our bullets in 200 count lots at gun shows. We only sell in 500 and 1000 count lots from our shop.

Fourth, the prices on our website are the same as they are in the shop and are the same at a gun show. We have not raised our prices in over three years.

I would suggest Googling our name or visiting the OKShooters.com forum if you want more feedback than from just this one person.

Mitch Harrington
02-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I bought some of J&Ks 9mm but they were .356 and I prefer .358. They were hard and used a hard lube. Yes, they leaded badly. If you could buy them "raw", unsized and unlubed, then size and lube them yourself I believe they would be good bullets. Whether they do that or you are set up to do that is the thing.

This is very odd. I didn't get a phone call or contact concerning this problem. Why didn't you call me and discuss this problem? I am a competitive shooter that has shot MANY THOUSANDS of our bullets. Perhaps it was a poor powder choice as is pretty common with lead bullets? Maybe there was copper fouling in the barrel? Maybe it was an over-sized bore as I've seen with several different handguns? A 9mm at .358 is awfully large and leads me to believe there is something specific to the firearm that was the issue here.

My point is this, you should have called me if there was a problem so we could try to figure out the issue together.

Edited to add: After searching your posts, I found you use Titegroup with lead 9mm bullets. This is ABSOLUTELY the problem. Titegroup is way too hot to use for lead 9mm bullets. I learned this lesson at the 2010 Double Tap Championship in Wichita Falls TX. Every third round tumbled as a result of the powder melting the bases of the bullets.