PDA

View Full Version : http://www.opticsplanet.com/lyman-mag-25-digital-melting-furnace.html

Randy C
02-05-2013, 08:51 PM
http://www.opticsplanet.com/lyman-mag-25-digital-melting-furnace.html

I have a lee 10lb bottom pour pot new, but for my 3, 45/70 molds and my 45acp /45 colt pulse I have 3, 308 molds and a 6mm mold I did not think a 10lb pot would keep up so I bought this to go with what I have. I will use two at a time. I still need a PID to go with my other pot I may use 3 at a time and buy one more pot. I bought the 230 volt, I have a plug for it on my reloading bench do you think a 110 volt would have been better. :-?
Thanks Randy

dromia
02-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Are they in stock at Optics Planet?

HATCH
02-06-2013, 07:45 AM
220 model uses less amps than the 110

mikes2
02-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Be careful with optics planet. A year ago I ordered a scope from them and after a couple of weeks I had ta call,turns their not a stocking dealer and have to order the item from manufacturer,
. I had them send my money back, which they did with no argument. But it wasted that two weeks. Don't know if all items are like that. Just a heads up

mdi
02-06-2013, 01:31 PM
115v unit; "Estimated to ship within 12 to 22 days" Says so right under the "Add To Cart" button...

mikes2
02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
115v unit; "Estimated to ship within 12 to 22 days" Says so right under the "Add To Cart" button...

I guess the key word is "estimated". Amazon has Lyman mag 25,,,239.99$ sold by optics planet, says usually ships in 3to5 weeks. that could be when ordered thru amazon. At least now their lettin you know up front. When I had made my order no shipping estimate was given, customer service did tell me that it was misleading . I would like to know how long it takes to get item.

dromia
02-06-2013, 05:09 PM
The reason I asked are they in stock is that the Lyman site says available mid April 2013!

Randy C
02-09-2013, 06:04 AM
The reason I asked are they in stock is that the Lyman site says available mid April 2013!

They gave me the same date, will come from Lyman Thanks for the heads up.

Lloyd Smale
02-09-2013, 07:28 AM
randy the only real advantage to a 220 pot over a 110 is that it draws less amperage so it can get buy with smaller supply wiring and a smaller breaker. Heat wize they will be the same. That looks like a real nice pot. Ill be watching to see how they pan out. I worry about lyman and something new. they havent had the best rep for customer service and warantee work and hopefully they made it right so it holds up.

hd09
02-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Looks cool, but I don't have real good luck with electronic things ''circuit boards'' just my bad luck. Hope it works out good.

Sasquatch-1
02-09-2013, 09:44 AM
http://www.opticsplanet.com/lyman-mag-25-digital-melting-furnace.html

I have a lee 10lb bottom pour pot new, but for my 3, 45/70 molds and my 45acp /45 colt pulse I have 3, 308 molds and a 6mm mold I did not think a 10lb pot would keep up so I bought this to go with what I have. I will use two at a time. I still need a PID to go with my other pot I may use 3 at a time and buy one more pot. I bought the 230 volt, I have a plug for it on my reloading bench do you think a 110 volt would have been better. :-?
Thanks Randy

Check through the old post. There are a couple of members who have "PIGGY-BACKED" a second pot on a larger pot to premelt the lead. Set up so that the premelter pours directly into the main pot. This might work very nicely for you.

Randy C
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
I can't thank everybody enough for all the advice, I have thick skin so I can take both sides, but be gentile with me till I learn the ropes IM trying to learn how not to step on someone else’s post. I am paying cash for everything so from 1 week to the next I keep adding to what I will need. Later this summer my wife is going to start remodeling and my cash flow will be a fight. Working In the oil field has it benefits when it comes to payday but I can’t tell you how many people I have seen that did not even make it to work Roads can be bad in ND and people from out of state, Now working for piece work for more money than they have ever made, that is a bad recipe most of them are trying to provide for their family but a lot of them don’t live very long I hate to SEE and hear that a young family just spent the weekend together but the husband did not live long enough for them to make it home on the train or plane. I apologies for bringing this up but ND has more work than any other state now pizza hut starts at 12 to 14 dollars an hour around here, so does WALMART that is for inexperienced help. Truck driving pays up to 3 time that. free Insurance.pluse some give free housing. for people out of state.

mikes2
02-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Didn't mean to steal the thread there with the optics planet comments. Haven't learned proper post etiquette. Apologies.

Love Life
02-11-2013, 05:38 PM
I called optics planet on this very ad, and was told we can order it now and it would ship when they get them. It is one of the cheapest prices I have seen so far, and especially with the free shipping.

Ed in North Texas
02-14-2013, 01:34 PM
I called optics planet on this very ad, and was told we can order it now and it would ship when they get them. It is one of the cheapest prices I have seen so far, and especially with the free shipping.

It is even cheaper than Optics Planet's price on the current (?) Mag 20! Is the digital Mag 25 replacing the Mag 20? I've been leaning toward buying another furnace, but can't decide between the RCBS and Lyman (or whether I should spend the money at all :-? ). Now there's a new pot in the mix. I wonder about the electronics. My old Lyman and Saeco pots have lasted over a half century, I sort of doubt the electronic ones will make it anywhere near that long.

300winmag
02-14-2013, 02:44 PM
I quit buying from optic planet's, for 1 simple reason, they show in stock pay for it, then its not in stock, cancelled the order and 6 mos later my bank calls me and say's my account is trying to be charged with this amount. Did I make the purchase? I declined and called OP to see what was the deal since the order was cancelled. They did not seem to willing to help at all. This happened 2 more times for the same cancelled order. Had to have the bank to put a block on there request for payment. It stopped after that.

Randy C
02-14-2013, 03:53 PM
I guess I will keep an eye on my bank account, I use Verizon 50.00 month all the minutes you can use phone. I set it up for auto pay they charged me 3 times in two weeks so no more auto pay for them.

Whiterabbit
02-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Be careful with optics planet. A year ago I ordered a scope from them and after a couple of weeks I had ta call,turns their not a stocking dealer and have to order the item from manufacturer,
. I had them send my money back, which they did with no argument. But it wasted that two weeks. Don't know if all items are like that. Just a heads up

ALWAYS call opticsplanet and find out if they have it in hand. They are happy to confirm over the phone its in hand or not. Then order it right there and its on the way.

GARCIA
02-14-2013, 08:37 PM
I made the mistake of ordering one from MIDSOUTH.
Said it was back ordered with no date given.
Some quick emails back and forth to LYMAN reveals that it will be a minimum of 60 days before its fielded for the consumer.
I got mine for $233.37 shipped.

Tom

Ed in North Texas
02-16-2013, 11:37 AM
I made the mistake of ordering one from MIDSOUTH.
Said it was back ordered with no date given.
Some quick emails back and forth to LYMAN reveals that it will be a minimum of 60 days before its fielded for the consumer.
I got mine for $233.37 shipped.

Tom

Were they not showing "Out of Stock" on that when you ordered? They are now. Of course the "expected date" is showing Feb 7th (optimistic, but might be what Lyman gave them).

GARCIA
02-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Were they not showing "Out of Stock" on that when you ordered? They are now. Of course the "expected date" is showing Feb 7th (optimistic, but might be what Lyman gave them).

When I ordered mine it was on "Backorder" status.
I got worried about the availability and contacted LYMAN.
A few emails back and forth and the bottom line is that it is not ready to ship and sold to the customers.
Best I can figure is late March or early April time frame to receive.
Sir drip alot is safe till then!!

Tom