PDA

View Full Version : Almost went to the gun show!

oldfart1956
02-04-2013, 09:16 AM
This past weekend they had a gun show here in Greencastle, Pa. and I usually always go. It's a tiny event, they claim in the flyer 175 tables or some such nonsense. Probably 75 tables would be more accurate. But I always like to paw thru the goodies at Eds Sport Shop display and I've found some real treasures there. Carbide pistol dies for $10, case trimmers for pennies on the dollar....and more than a few guns. Anyways, drove down past Sat. morning about an hour after they opened and...WTH? Folks was lined up all the way across the parking lot. I mean hundreds of folks. They hadda be waiting for hours to get in there! So I twaddled around in town running errands and came back an hour later. Now theys backed up standing all the way to the exit ramp on I-81....hundreds of yards. No parking places left and traffic is piling up along Rt.11 waiting for folks to leave. It's insanity I tell ya. Nothing I wanted badly enough to fight that crowd. Came home and spent the day reloading. Audie...the Oldfart...

WILCO
02-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Sign of the times Audie. Lot's of folks have woken up.

shdwlkr
02-04-2013, 10:26 AM
We had one here sort of close to me but I passed as the last one they had it was like a sale on women's shoes! Lots of shoving and arm twisting to get something and by just 2 hours after they opened all the good stuff was gone.
There was one in SLC also and from what I heard very well attended, I like to be able to wander and when it is wall to wall bodies you do miss things and it is just no fun to be there.

mold maker
02-04-2013, 11:01 AM
I've had the same experience here in NC. I need a scooter, walker or stick, depending on the event size. The last couple I tried to attend, I couldn't get within a couple blocks. Obama sure woke up the gun crowd.

Olevern
02-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Yup, America is arming up! I sure hope this latest push by the libs doesn't have unintended consequences.

dakotashooter2
02-04-2013, 12:56 PM
I've pretty much quit going to guns shows unless I am looking for something specific I can't generally get locally. The last few years "black guns" and their accessories have made up about 75% of the booths. Since I have no interest in them and another 10% of bootha are non gun related items there really isn't much else to look at. I used to buy most of my reloading supplies at shows but now there is very little of that either and what is there I can usually buy just as cheap or cheaper at the local retailer. They have become more of a circus than a show.................

hiram1
02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
The libs won't be doing the fighting.there yellow dogs. They think some one will do there fighting for them .So if i ever have to fight for my guns guess what i will be doing.see i know they don't have guns.So to all you libs out there DON"T make me come to see ya .you will have to fight.And it wont be with guns

waksupi
02-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Don't bet on that. Remember, they are bushwhackers, and bombers.

runfiverun
02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
whaaa they'll shoot/stab you in the back and smile in your face ???
NNNnnnooooooOOOoo0000000ooo.
now my faith in the political system is completly ruined.
thaaaanks ric.

41 mag fan
02-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Sign of the times Audie. Lot's of folks have woken up.

I've had the same experience here in NC. I need a scooter, walker or stick, depending on the event size. The last couple I tried to attend, I couldn't get within a couple blocks. Obama sure woke up the gun crowd.

they might of woke up, but how will they do when the gov't starts methodically stripping the laws in place to protect the innocent, then start a gun round up. Will they fight or give in??
If they weren't there in numbers before the idiot we have in office started talking new gun laws, what makes anyone think they'll stay the course when sh*t really gets hot and nasty.

4shootingmore
02-04-2013, 05:55 PM
My observations: Obama did not have to even say anything about guns other than he would not take them away from us to stimulate the economy his first 4 years. It was just starting to slow down (the hoarding of firearms and related materials) before he got re-elected for his 2nd 4 year term. Since he didn't do anything the first 4 years all he had to do was mention the assault weapons and high capacity magazine ban (he knows that the dems from states that will loose their jobs will not vote for it) and it is worse this time than before. I'm thinking that they all go out and have a drink and chuckle after they put on the show. Me, I'm just waiting for the bubble to burst to stock up on powder and primers and such.

4shootingmore,