PDA

View Full Version : Very grateful for this group of folks.

abqcaster
02-03-2013, 11:24 PM
I was at Wally World perusing their ammo offerings and to my surprise, found the ammo that I needed. The attendant asked me how many boxes I wanted and I only asked for one. He had a very surprised look on his face, and I jokingly said, "okay I'll take the whole shelf." He replied, "Don't joke. I had two fellas in line the other day who wanted the same ammo, and the first one took all I had. The second one started cursing and I thought they were going to duke it out." I thought this latest frenzy has gotten ridiculous, its making enemies out of folks who should be allies against the gun haters.

Knowing what things have come to, I just wanted to say thanks for having this great resource at Cast Boolits. I've been able to maintain my component supplies with help from this community and at fair prices. I was at a large chain sportsman's store the other day and they had already jacked up their component prices. So, thank you for your support. Not only have I gotten the components and equipment I need here, you all have always been there with good advice, helping me and other become even more self sufficient. God bless you all.

nhrifle
02-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Very handy being your own ammo factory. I keep hearing from people who are just now realizing what the situation is, and now that they are looking to stock up on ammo, they can't because it either isn't available or is insanely overpriced. They can only complain about the situation. All I have to do is choose which caliber I want to load at the moment.

I agree with you, this is hands down the best information resource I have come across.

abqcaster
02-04-2013, 12:51 AM
"All I have to do is choose which caliber I want to load at the moment." +1 nhrifle

rhadamanthos12
02-04-2013, 02:27 AM
the walmarts in Las Cruces, Belen, Los Lunas have been out of stock for a while and since we lost sportsman's warehouse a few years ago we really don't have much of an option besides ordering off the net. How bad is the markup at sportman's warehouse? I usually try to make it to abq every 3 months or so and make it a point to stop by there and get something small to keep my supply number high.

Also thank you for not cleaning the place out.

abqcaster
02-04-2013, 01:01 PM
I'd say about 5-10% I was going to pick up some XTP's and some brass and saw that the XTPs went up about $1 and the brass went up about $2 depending on the brand. The Walmart in Socorro was surprisingly well stocked when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

runfiverun
02-04-2013, 04:52 PM
a price increase is normal.
it's when that increase is beyond 5% or so that things are wrong..
lead is up about 10% from this time last year, after floating along at 10% under that price.
copper is up a bit also but down about 20% from where it was a couple of years back.
other things drive up prices too such as market demand and shipping costs.
1.00 a box is about a 5% increase.