PDA

View Full Version : Fredericksburg, VA gun show canceled

Jim
02-02-2013, 05:47 PM
I just received word that the Fredericksburg, VA gun show, scheduled for this weekend, was canceled. What I was told was that city council told sponsors they would not allow ANY "assault" weapons to be displayed. Sponsors responded by telling council they cancelled the show and would not be back.

The city lost a source of income and the area residents lost a source for firearms, ammo, components and accesories.

TXGunNut
02-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Hopefully the sponsors will consider legal action to recover any losses caused by the council's actions. Am assuming this is a publicly owned venue.
I'm thinking it's time public servants need to be reminded who they work for, from the city council person right up to the White House.

wv109323
02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
How can the city council tell a gun show what to do if it is legal otherwise?
The city council would have to pass a law in order for it to stick. They would have to have readings of the law and entertain public opinion. Sounds like Obama illegally using authority.

41 mag fan
02-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a good lawsuit to me.

starmac
02-03-2013, 02:41 AM
I am sure the gun show was on city owned property, or they could not have dictated no modern sporting arms.

km101
02-03-2013, 10:26 PM
This has turned into a LOSE/LOSE situation for both sides. Hopefully the gunshow promoters will initiate legal action to show the city the error of it's ways. They tried the same thing in Austin, TX, but the State Attorney General threatened a lawsuit and the show was allowed to gon as scheduled.

Bad Water Bill
02-04-2013, 02:05 AM
I am sure the gun show was on city owned property, or they could not have dictated no modern sporting arms.

So it was on city property. I am very sure the city demanded a signed contract before the show owners were even allowed to print a brochure.

If the contract failed to mention restrictions that is the cities problem,suck it up and find someone to rent the space for the following show as this crew is moving on.

I am quite sure a lot of the dealers will sign on the case. They also lost a lot of money.