PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge, OH Gun Show

uscra112
02-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Went this morning (2 Feb 13) about 10:00 AM. Small show - 150 tables. Close to I-70 but not close to any major metropoli. No lines out the door, but the floor was more crowded than usual. Saw maybe two dozen ARs of one sort or another on offer, prices close to $2 grand. A little 5.56 ammo, all unknown brands or steel-case stuff. Asking about 60 to 80 cents a round. No USA made stuff at all. Looked like off-scourings of inventory that nobody would have given a plugged nickel for 6 mos. ago. Dozens of the old aluminum "disposable" AR mags for sale - $30 to $35 each. No Magpuls at all, of course. Very little .22 ammo, nothing worth a second look except one guy had a dozen boxes of antique MiniMags. I left 'em for somebody else. Another table had 20-30 bricks of Rem/CCI/Win primers for sale, one to a customer, only $32 a brick, which I thought pretty decent of him considering. Had a selection of powder, too, and hadn't marked it way up. Bought a pound of Lil'Gun, on general principles. Left 5 more lbs. on the table. That was the only bright spot. Handguns were the hot item. Could hardly get close to the tables. Not much worth a second look - very little new, and that was in many cases brands I've not even heard of. Zero Glocks, zero Springfields, zero S&W. Several tables full of used, and again the dregs have been brought out for the marks to buy. Depressing - I worry that novices are gonna buy these pieces of junk when they of all people should have something safe and reliable.

So it goes.

Olevern
02-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Caveat emptor, they say. Those who buy those old, junk guns will probably never shoot them and a year from now will be trying to get their money back out of them. If those who want to "join up" at times like these would just seek competent advice before jumping....but they won't.

41 mag fan
02-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Went to the gunshow here today. It was at 2:30 pm, it was so busy, there was hundreds of people inside. I have never seen it that busy before. It might of been a combination of 6 months of people all in one at this show. I heard from a fella it was an hour wait to get in this morning. I saw more guns coming and going than ever before.
I went in for one thing, and luckily got right to the table, the aisles...there was no way I was going to try to make it down them.....it was for a small show like trying to get down the aisles at the 1500 gun and knife shows.

uscra112
02-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Caveat emptor, they say. Those who buy those old, junk guns will probably never shoot them and a year from now will be trying to get their money back out of them. If those who want to "join up" at times like these would just seek competent advice before jumping....but they won't.

What worries me is that they WILL try to shoot them. Of course, there's no ammo, so maybe they won't. . . .

Honest Injun, I don't think I saw even ONE box of 9mm or .45 ammo there.

Going back tomorrow. There was a wreck of a Krag there that was like no other Krag I've ever seen. Can't find it on the Internet either. Gotta go look at it again and maybe bring it home for some TLC.