PDA

View Full Version : An update

armoredman
07-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Signed for the new place, and this is where I will start doing my best to cast my first boolits, in about 2 weeks after all the moving is done. Thought you guys might appreciate this.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/castinglocation.jpg

carpetman
07-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Armoredman---where is this new house located? First modification I'd make would be get rid of the sliding glass door and put in a French door--energy savings will pay for it in a hurry and you can deduct part for energy tax as I understand it.

armoredman
07-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Southern AZ, and I didn't want the sliding glass either, but it kinda came with the house. It will eventually be replaced with something a great deal sturdier. As for now, I may look into finding that ballistic window film, if I can afford it. Either that or a security screen door.

klw
07-22-2007, 06:51 PM
What city?

I'd also use cheap carpet on the plywood. Track casting dross into the house and it is justifyable homicide I'm told. The carpet might cut down on that. Also if you use bullet lubricant to flux your furnace that stuff can get into the carpet in the house and it might well never come out. Doing that is NOT a plus from a woman's point of view. Also if the plywood and carpet can also be rolled up and put away so your wife's friends don't see that crude out her back door when it is not in use that too will be a plus from a woman's point of view.

armoredman
07-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Casa Grande. Good suggestions - they left me a roll of leftover carpet, might use some of that.
I was actually planning on using crayons for flux, that should work, OK, right? Get five free with every kids meal...and he hates crayons.

armoredman
07-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Movin' tomorrow, going offline for a few days. Man, THAT is going to bite...

armoredman
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Back. I hate moving, especially in monsoon season. 110 degrees, and 80%+ humidity. Gah. Powder and primers kept dry, though.

USARO4
07-31-2007, 12:37 AM
Congrats on the move, hope you are set up and casting soon.

armoredman
07-31-2007, 01:26 AM
ME TOO! Gah, I never wanna move again.