PDA

View Full Version : 22 Year Old Man Shoots Self In Head At Shooting Range

Blacksmith
02-02-2013, 04:29 PM
We will be seeing more of these type reports with all the new gun owners out there. Be Careful!

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2013/feb/01/22-year-old-man-shoots-self-in-head-at-st-lucie/

PORT ST. LUCIE — A 22-year-old man was hospitalized after shooting himself in the head Friday at an indoor shooting range in St. Lucie West, a Port St. Lucie police spokesman said.

The incident occurred before noon at the St. Lucie Shooting Center in the 400 block of Northwest Concourse Place, said Master Sgt. Frank Sabol, police spokesman. The man rented a .22-caliber revolver and a background check was performed, Sabol said. The man received a brief course on gun handling and began target shooting.

The man then shot himself in the head. Four other people were on the range at the time, Sabol said. The range is open to the public. The man was hospitalized, but his condition wasn’t immediately clear.

Love Life
02-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Did he intentionally shoot himself in the head? I hope he recovers well.

cbrick
02-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Did he intentionally shoot himself in the head? I hope he recovers well.

That is a good question. At our public outdoor range several years a guy was shooting (his own guns, we don't rent guns), when finished he packed up took everything to his car got in, started the engine & pulled out a 357 & shot himself in the belly in a suicide attemp. No one at the range had noticed anything about the guy that would have suggested it, he just up and did it.

Rick

blademasterii
02-02-2013, 06:58 PM
That was at a range 15 miles from me or so. I was sitting in a gunshop talking to the owner when we got that news. It is unknown at this point whether or not it was intentional. The only thing I could say for intentional or not was it was a .22 he rented and not something bigger. That same range had someone shoot themself in the hand earlier in the year. I'm glad my range is private. It helps cut down on that kind of thing.

nhrifle
02-02-2013, 07:00 PM
We have GOT to do something about all this gun violence!!!

HighHook
02-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Amazing how those GUNs pick themselves up and start shooting at peoples heads...

41 mag fan
02-02-2013, 08:13 PM
That is a good question. At our public outdoor range several years a guy was shooting (his own guns, we don't rent guns), when finished he packed up took everything to his car got in, started the engine & pulled out a 357 & shot himself in the belly in a suicide attemp. No one at the range had noticed anything about the guy that would have suggested it, he just up and did it.

Rick

Shot in the belly was a pity me attempt, shooting himself in the head would of been a suicide attempt.
I have no remorse or pity for people who take the easy way out or attempt to in life.