PDA

View Full Version : Make sure you have everything before going to the post office

Love Life
02-02-2013, 04:03 PM
This is pretty much a "beat my self up" thread, but hey they are good for the soul right?

I recently listed an item for sale and a member rogered up for it. He paid promptly and I promised I would get it in the mail this Saturday (today). Well I get to the post office and I am bubble wrapping the item and realize I left a major piece of it on my work bench. By the time I picked it up and got back the post office was closed. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!! Now I can't ship the item until NEXT Saturday. Pretty unacceptable to me. I have plenty of excuses, but I'm a firm believer that excuses are for losers.

Long and short of it make sure you bring everything you need to ship to the post office. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go do a double shot of Nyquil.

oneokie
02-02-2013, 04:10 PM
This is pretty much a "beat my self up" thread, but hey they are good for the soul right?

I recently listed an item for sale and a member rogered up for it. He paid promptly and I promised I would get it in the mail this Saturday (today). Well I get to the post office and I am bubble wrapping the item and realize I left a major piece of it on my work bench. By the time I picked it up and got back the post office was closed. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!! Now I can't ship the item until NEXT Saturday. Pretty unacceptable to me. I have plenty of excuses, but I'm a firm believer that excuses are for losers.

Long and short of it make sure you bring everything you need to ship to the post office. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go do a double shot of Nyquil.

Some advice, not bustin' your chops: While awaiting payment, package the item/s and put a note on the package identifying the contents, and whom the buyer is. By doing so, when the pymt. arrives, all one has to do is affix the proper address labels.

quilbilly
02-02-2013, 04:11 PM
You are not old enough for a senior moment. Leave those to the experts.

geargnasher
02-02-2013, 04:19 PM
At least your PO is open on Saturday. I have to take a long lunch and drive 18 miles round trip plus stand in line during the peak business time to get packages in the mail.

Gear

Love Life
02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
I live in Wellington, NV. The nearest open PO on Saturday is 40 miles round trip into enemy territory (California).

The next closest one is 80 miles round trip. Living in BFE is nice, but has it's drawbacks. Took my Nyquil and feel a little better. I must be getting old because the mountains really kicked my backside this week.

leadman
02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
If you have a UPS store near you try it as some also mail packages USPS.

Bad Water Bill
02-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Wellington, NV

Which of the THREE houses in town is yours?

That gives real meaning to SMALL TOWN U S A .:kidding:

runfiverun
02-02-2013, 06:38 PM
you can download and print off a shipping label on their websight pay the shipping there, and mail it from your house...
it's a little cheaper if you sign up for their business rates too.

cbrick
02-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Well I get to the post office and I am bubble wrapping the item and realize I left a major piece of it on my work bench.

Sure am glad I've never done anything like that. [smilie=1:

Rick

41 mag fan
02-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Wellington, NV

Which of the THREE houses in town is yours?

That gives real meaning to SMALL TOWN U S A .:kidding:

Theres only 2 houses, that other house you're thinking of is the public outhouse!

drklynoon
02-02-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm a lucky sob as far as PO's go. I live in a small town and we have a nice little PO. She even calls when I get a package. It's like 4 min round trip.

Bad Water Bill
02-02-2013, 11:19 PM
I can not complain about my mail man. He had my mould from Sweed Nelson in his bag today.
He lives a block away and is aware of the theft problem we had in the area.

Even with this +5 and windy weather he rang the bell several times till this OLD man got to the door. Don't want anything stolen on my route said he.

Think I will have to take him shooting this spring.

xs11jack
02-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Love Life, Bet you would even better if you had a double of Nyquill Old Number 7. (Jack Daniels)
Jack(not Daniels)

Bad Water Bill
02-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Are you insinerating that jarheads are so full of that ----- that they need the LARGEST structure in town to dump their cargo?

Love Life
02-03-2013, 01:23 PM
We are full of hot air, not poop. This makes us better suited to amphibious operations because we float...

koehn,jim
02-03-2013, 03:32 PM
runfiverun has the hot ticket, go on line print the label pay the postage and you can schedule a pickup. You can also hand it to a mail person, much easier than standing in line at post office.