PDA

View Full Version : Status report: Current situation

Jim
01-31-2013, 04:16 PM
REPORT FROM GUNS & AMMO:

S&W: Running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can’t get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by lack of bolt carrier’s.

LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can’t get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/over 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL: Behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS: ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra’s for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we’ll keep you posted...

Related commentary from Bob Owens:

They didn’t know when they’d be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers are running full-bore, but can’t come close to keeping up with market demand. It isn’t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that are sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and Enfield .303s are gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seemed to have 10-20—are gone. So is their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years is gone. This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done, Democrats!

oldred
01-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Linky no worky for me, got a Google "access denied" message.

GRUMPA
01-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Jim, it takes me to google which in turn asks for username and password. All I have is my email account but using my name and password I'm still denied access.

popper
01-31-2013, 04:29 PM
http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/01/30/industry-report-rise-in-gun-sales-prompting-industry-chaos/ is this it?

oldred
01-31-2013, 04:30 PM
Ok I hit the "request access" button and it tells me I will get an E-mail if and when the owner approves my request.

Jim
01-31-2013, 04:31 PM
I had to jump through a few hoops, but I finally got it copied and pasted. I apologize for the delay.

Able 5
01-31-2013, 05:24 PM
FN Columbia is maxed out and hiring more!

garym1a2
01-31-2013, 05:48 PM
If you need An AR just buy the lower, you can find them as i already have. The rest won't be banned.
Same with primers, if you look hard you can find them.

dakotashooter2
01-31-2013, 06:19 PM
This would be a good time for foreign ammo makers to step in and amp up their sales.

runfiverun
01-31-2013, 06:34 PM
yeah, too bad bill clinton took care of that.
i'd sure like to get some norinco 7.62x39.

TXGunNut
01-31-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow. Hope they get that *** gun ban on the floor soon and vote it down. Some folks don't deal well with uncertainty.

FLINTNFIRE
01-31-2013, 11:24 PM
That norinco 7.62x39mm was good and I loved the prices, then old bill ruined that for us .

geargnasher
01-31-2013, 11:33 PM
I wonder how stocks of KN02 and sulfur are holding up. Better get 'em while you can, that'll be next. Everyone's welcome to mine chert on my place, but the vein is only about 8" wide, two feet down, and in a 200' straight line between my water storage tanks and the pumphouse. Might find some closer to five feet down in about a foot-diameter area right at the five corners of my property, and on either side of my driveway 30' back from the county road centerline. :bigsmyl2:

Gear

quilbilly
02-01-2013, 12:35 AM
I wonder how stocks of KN02 and sulfur are holding up. Better get 'em while you can, that'll be next. Everyone's welcome to mine chert on my place, but the vein is only about 8" wide, two feet down, and in a 200' straight line between my water storage tanks and the pumphouse. Might find some closer to five feet down in about a foot-diameter area right at the five corners of my property, and on either side of my driveway 30' back from the county road centerline. :bigsmyl2:

GearIn a pinch you can use obsidian but only once. You can make agate work if you cut it to size with a tile cutter and heat treat it (450 degrees for a couple hours). One of my retailer customers said that he was told by his main ammo wholesaler not to expect any more 223's until next fall.

DLCTEX
02-02-2013, 11:40 AM
I managed to get 2000 primers (SR) from a friend yesterday and 2# 748, just need to find the bullets I want. I have people begging me to reload for them. I wouldn't even if I could get the components. But I would teach them. Usually that's a "not interested " response. My son has been interested in becoming an ammo manufacturer and had amassed the information and was moving forward until the panic came. Now the components are so backordered that suppliers aren't even taking backorders.

429421Cowboy
02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the finger on the pulse Jim!

Interesting to hear what the companies are actually doing instead of us complaining or bragging about stocking up beforehand!

xfoxofshogo
02-04-2013, 12:50 AM
hell yes