PDA

View Full Version : School shooting in Atlanta!

oldred
01-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Looks like there may be another one!

www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/31/school-officials-confirm-shooting-at-atlanta-middle-school/

Does not look to be a mass shooting type thing but apparently at least one child was injured.

cbrick
01-31-2013, 04:09 PM
Pretty short article, doesn't say much.

Sounds maybe like a gang thing ?? Dunno but maybe.

Rick

oldred
01-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes it's short, it's a developing story and they don't yet have much info but with any luck it may turn out to be overblown. I suppose in the next hour or so we will learn more about what's happened.

Jim
01-31-2013, 04:20 PM
3:20 PM-
The suspect is in custody and is said to be a student. The student that was shot is alive and conscious.

Roundnoser
01-31-2013, 06:23 PM
Shot within a Gun Free Zone?!!! Hummmm.

runfiverun
01-31-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm sure a stricter backround check would have prevented this.
or the de-legalization of drugs.

P.K.
01-31-2013, 06:37 PM
It's the parents fault!

Gonna be the same finger pointing on a diffren't day I'm affraid. Doesn't change the fact that the media is helping move this narrative. These nutjobs see a shooting plastered on the 24 hour cycle and think, "That's what I'm going to do."

Smitty's Retired
01-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Hmmm, I am amazed that they printed that the school resouces officer that apprehended the student was an off duty police officer who also had a concealed weapon. I am sure the anti-gun crowd doesn't want to hear this. After all, having someone employed at the school with a firearm could only make things worse, according to them.

It may never come out in the paper, but I wouldn't discount that someone owed someone some money over some drugs. It's pretty prevalent in that area. Hell, it's gotten prevalent in a lot of areas.

fixit
02-01-2013, 11:39 AM
this is pretty much in line with bloomberg's rant after sandy hook. he stated loudly that the news media needs to report every shooting in the U.S. as a critical event, equal in magnitude to any mass shooting that could occur. the purpose is to make the general, low information citizen believe that violent crime is so prevalent that we must have the police state that the 'leading class' tells us we need!

oldred
02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
he stated loudly that the news media needs to report every shooting in the U.S. as a critical event, equal in magnitude to any mass shooting that could occur.

Except the ones where the gun was used for self defense or, heaven forbid, to prevent a crime!