PDA

View Full Version : Lachmiller Press/Ram(s)

1Shirt
07-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Anybody have a source for rams for a Lachmiller C press? Got one off ebay, and either forgot or didn't know that the rams were ctg. specific and not adaptable for various shell holders. The one I got has a ram that is for 38/357, and am not unhappy with that as I wanted the press as a designated ctg. press. That said, I would like one with a universal ram that would take different shell holders. If I can't come up with that, would sure like to get a ram for 44/44Mg,/444, and for
45-70. Thanks in advance for all who answer this thread.
1Shirt!:coffee:

No_1
07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Post some pictures and demensions of the ram and let see what ideas the members can come up with. I am sure a ram can be made that will fit the popular / standard available shell holders.

Anybody have a source for rams for a Lachmiller C press? Got one off ebay, and either forgot or didn't know that the rams were ctg. specific and not adaptable for various shell holders. The one I got has a ram that is for 38/357, and am not unhappy with that as I wanted the press as a designated ctg. press. That said, I would like one with a universal ram that would take different shell holders. If I can't come up with that, would sure like to get a ram for 44/44Mg,/444, and for
45-70. Thanks in advance for all who answer this thread.

kywoodwrkr
07-19-2007, 04:12 PM
PM tucked into band on carrier pigeon and on its way.
DaveP kywoodwrkr

floodgate
07-19-2007, 10:06 PM
1Shirt

Unless Dave P. has already cued you to it, contact Huntington Die Specialties. They used to make "universal" rams for most of the standard makes of presses that lets them use the ordinary RCBS / Lyman / Etc., shellholders.

HDS was the "custom" arm of RCBS before they hived off on their own, and RCBS inherited the Lachmiller line many years back.

floodgate

1Shirt
07-20-2007, 08:10 AM
As always, am greatful for this group of guys. Kywoodkr educataed me on the fact that it seems like a number of C type press rams were made by the same company for different presses. I measured three of mine and they were all .80".
So------this old dog learned a new trick. Thanks to all who answered. Kywoodwkr has ram on the way!