PDA

View Full Version : Syria and the butter knife

Charlie Two Tracks
01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
30 years ago, our next door neighbor had an exchange student from Syria staying with them over the Christmas break. Our neighbors did this every year in a program from their church. One night, they asked us over for supper and to meet Mohammad. (must be a common name) anyway, after supper we were talking and I asked him why he didn't rise up against his government and stop being enslaved by them. He told me that there were undercover police everywhere and you didn't know who to trust. He also said that all they could have in their house were knives that were no sharper than butter knives and no longer in length than a butter knife. The guy should be in his early 50's right now. I wonder if he's made it so far.
We are headed in the direction of being a butter knife country. Dang:(

captaint
01-30-2013, 06:46 PM
How or why some folks think we actually should be a butter knife country is way beyond me. However, if I have anything to say or do about it, it shall not happen. Not in my lifetime.... Mike

cbrick
01-30-2013, 07:13 PM
You may not have a butter knife.

Butter is not healthy so you cannot have that either . . . Therefore you have no need of a butter knife.

Rick

Moonie
01-30-2013, 07:29 PM
You may not have a butter knife.

Butter is not healthy so you cannot have that either . . . Therefore you have no need of a butter knife.

Rick

Must just be Kalifornia butter, most doctors now say it is better for you than margarine...

Doc65
01-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Yup, that's the logic... ever see the movie Demolition Man that is the kind of society some would have us live in!!! No butter, no salt, no alch(even beer, which I dearly love a good one of from time to time), and even s3x was decidedly A-s3xual... Dang what is the point of living that way, and who would want to?

Doc65
01-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Must just be Kalifornia butter, most doctors now say it is better for you than margarine...

...better than margarine doesn't mean "GOOD"(at least in their eyes), but then wheat isn't really wheat anymore as it's been genetically altered, so toast/bread is bad for you, hence no need for EITHER butter or margarine on it... and don't even get me started on baked potatoes...

cbrick
01-30-2013, 07:45 PM
and don't even get me started on baked potatoes...

Thanks, just figured out what I'm having with dinner tonight. :mrgreen:

Oh, with lot's of butter of course.

Rick

smoked turkey
01-30-2013, 07:50 PM
from captaint..."How or why some folks think we actually should be a butter knife country is way beyond me."

I agree. I don't understand why we have to try so hard to "sell" the idea of being a free nation and a free people. I would think that the desire to be free would cross party lines, and be shared by all people everywhere. The NRA has a couple of very good articles in the February 2013 Rifleman that speak to where we could be heading as a nation if the liberal agenda isn't stopped. Again, I fail to see how our elected officials are so willing to give our freedom away.

cbrick
01-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Very simple answer smoked, because it's YOUR freedom they are giving away with THEM in charge.

Very typical tyrant mind set. There can be little doubt that they truly believe it is what is best for YOU, it's just that you haven't been able to figure that out yet.

Rick

cbrick
01-30-2013, 07:57 PM

Dunno, I buy Arkansas butter.

Rick

Doc65
01-30-2013, 08:04 PM
...sour cream, bacon crumbles(real, none of that fake carp), chives & cheddar cheese... with a really nice steak on the side [smilie=1:

Rick

41 mag fan
01-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Well I'll be glad when big brother takes over for you guys.....beef is unhealthy in saturated fats, pork is known to cause cancer in Komifornia.
So I'll be glad when big brother declares all of you to be vegetarians, with 1 day a week of chicken or fish, your choice, but it'll be in moderation of 1/2 portion.

All this talk of baked potato, Arkansas butter, sour cream, real bacon crumbles cheddar cheese and chives and a steak....YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.....I've got an asian pork/shrimp stir fry cooking, and with all this talk of food, I went and ate 2 yes 2 crescent rolls with lots of butter on them....
SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!! :bigsmyl2::kidding:

Smitty's Retired
01-30-2013, 11:53 PM
30 years ago, our next door neighbor had an exchange student from Syria staying with them over the Christmas break. Our neighbors did this every year in a program from their church. One night, they asked us over for supper and to meet Mohammad.(

So I'm taking it, that ya didn't have ham that night.:mrgreen:

Charlie Two Tracks
01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
No ham...... chicken.

DIRT Farmer
01-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Kind of suprised me, several years ago my Dad had a cardic episode while we were fishing in the Mountin Home AR area. Before he was released the diatetion came in for a "consult". She was explaining what he "could eat and was telling him if he had to eat meat that there was really nice (?) two to three oz steaks avatible that he could eat once a week.

I fixed a nice roast beef (3lb) with potatos carrots and onions that night with cobbler and sour dough bread in the dutch ovens that night.

10 ga
01-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Homer Simpson favorite, "butter wraped in bacon"! Well, anything wraped in butter and bacon is good. 10 ga

popper
01-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Don't care for Homer Simson but my daughter (she's smart - went to college ) says any fat is GOOD for you -- wait for it --- and TASTES so good.

fatnhappy
01-31-2013, 11:19 PM

Rick

Hunh? no sour cream or bacon?

Health food is a passing fad.

Chicken Thief
02-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Perfect health is just the slowest way of dying ( and often the most boring!).