PDA

View Full Version : Lead and Glocks

gunboonie
01-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Can I shoot lead boolits from a Glock and HK?

barrybrice
01-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Of course you can. But if your worried, change the barrel out.

MikeD7
01-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Whats with the double post????

The Black Pearl
01-30-2013, 12:26 AM
I fire lead in my h&k with stock barrel no problems here, slug your barrel and properly size your Boolits

7Acres
01-30-2013, 08:52 AM
I shoot lead in my stock polygonal barrel. Slug and size to match. Happy shooting!

cajun shooter
01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
You may get by with using the stock barrel but they have had people with some bad outcomes from doing so.
I took the safe route and changed out my barrel. The best thing is that my glock 30 became much more accurate than it was. The barrel was $165 TMD.
There is a ton of info on the net that should help you make the corrrect move. Later David

mikeyd23
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Of course you can. But if your worried, change the barrel out.

Don't mean to ask a stupid question but what difference does the barrel make?

Shiloh
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
In the Glock 9mm yes, .40's no. Aftermarket barrel for the .40's

Shiloh

Moonie
01-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Don't mean to ask a stupid question but what difference does the barrel make?

Aftermarket barrels have standard rifling, not polygonal. There is a sticky around here somewhere that covers shooting lead in glocks.

Wayne Smith
01-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Polygonal rifled barrels vs standard rifled barrels. Glock went on record years ago not to shoot lead in their polygonal barrels even though the issue, as usual, is fit, not the type of rifling.

rr2241tx
02-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Exactly, it's fit. If you're shooting cast bullets and touch one off out of battery bad things are prone to happen. If you've maimed yourself with an aftermarket barrel then Glock is off the hook for damages. And if you blow your fingers off with a Glock barrel, you were warned not to shoot lead bullets.

ku4hx
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
In 1991 I bought a Glock model 20 and immediately started loading my cast boolits for it. At the time I bought the gun, I also bought a set of molds. Then one day we go the internet and I learned I'd put myself at risk many thousands of times ... every time I shot a cast boolit load in a Glock. I checked my Glock manual, I still have it, and it still says not to shoot reloaded ammunition ... no mention of lead or cast at all. In fact, I checked all my manuals and all of them said that except the rimfire ones. I never realized I was doing something so life threatening.

Given the nature of cast, lubricated boolits, upon firing my very first ones (Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum) I noted a soft gooey residue. It seemed prudent to clean all that away after each firing so I did. And over the years I've kept doing just that. Not white glove inspection clean mind you, but no residue either. Maybe that's what saved my life so many times shooting cast boolit loads in all my Glocks.