PDA

View Full Version : Things are different in rural Oklahoma!!!

Ickisrulz
01-29-2013, 10:15 AM
I was shooting in my front yard yesterday. It's about 80 yards to my steel targets and I was shooting a scoped 22 rifle. A car drove by slowly then turned around and stopped near my mailbox. Then a lady got out and asked me for directions. Things are sure different here than in many parts of the country for a lady to approach a stranger with a rifle to ask directions. I like it here.

Isaac
01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Hmm... Do they tax your pension in Oklahoma? :-D

trying2learn
01-29-2013, 12:59 PM
I live in oklahoma near okc if you dont mind me asking where about do you live? I only ask cause people were shooting here the other day but the police showed up in 8 minutes.

Ickisrulz
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Hmm... Do they tax your pension in Oklahoma? :-D

Oklahoma only taxes 25% of my military pension.

Ickisrulz
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
I live in oklahoma near okc if you dont mind me asking where about do you live? I only ask cause people were shooting here the other day but the police showed up in 8 minutes.

Outside Shawnee city limits. There a lots of us who shoot around here in our backyards. The sound of freedom.

trying2learn
01-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Nice. My wife and I thought about moving out there. However I work downtown mostly so it wouldnt be worth it gas wise. I am only 8 minutes from downtown now. I want to move out to the country soon though. I get the planes from tinker over my house now. Plus side is nobody will bother me since I wemt to training jist carrying my shotgun over my shoulder. Lol.

Ickisrulz
01-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Nice. My wife and I thought about moving out there. However I work downtown mostly so it wouldnt be worth it gas wise. I am only 8 minutes from downtown now. I want to move out to the country soon though. I get the planes from tinker over my house now. Plus side is nobody will bother me since I wemt to training jist carrying my shotgun over my shoulder. Lol.

We bought the house when were got stationed at Tinker. Back then gas was a buck a gallon and we didn't mind the drive.

41 mag fan
01-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Can do that here in IN too...I shoot off the front or back decks, people drive by 200' from me and keep going. Pretty soon after i start shooting, you'll hear the neighbors start up...sound like music, but we're actually doing a communication thing....bang bang bang(how are you?), bang bang (good! you?)...bang bang bang (not bad)..and so on and so on.
I couldn't live in a town, I'd be in jail or prison

dakotashooter2
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM

8 minutes??? Thats at least 16 mag changes....................

sundog
01-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Yessir. When I got home yesterday I tested some .357 rounds out back. Can you imagine that? Shooting in the back yard, in shirt sleeves, in late January.

AND!!! My county sheriff is on record for NO MORE GUN LAWS!!!! and not gonna enforce any that are unconstitutional.

trying2learn
01-29-2013, 02:13 PM
8 minutes??? Thats at least 16 mag changes....................

Yea trust me I kmow. I am a deputy and it was a block from my house. If I hadnt had my 1 year old at home with me I probably would have gone to look. As I had just got home from work and was still dressed. But I sat upstairs watching for information and runners to keep my kiddo safer. I was actually upset that shots fired calls took that long to respond too. I know they are busy but there are generally about 5-6 officers on patrol at the college two blocks away.

I stopped one of the officers to give him the info I had and he said the college guys thought it was a joke. He was reporting them to his supervisors.

472x1B/A
01-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Iskisrulz, what was your AFSC? Just wondering.

Ickisrulz
01-29-2013, 06:55 PM
iskisrulz, what was your afsc? Just wondering.

4B071 Bioenvironmental Engineering

olaf455
01-29-2013, 07:49 PM
I couldn't live in a town, I'd be in jail or prison
LOL... 12 years in krudhole city. They'll have to kill me to get me to go back...