PDA

View Full Version : Source for leather

oldred
01-29-2013, 09:52 AM
I want to try my hand at making some holsters and I need a source for a good quality leather, I know some of you guys have produced some nice looking pieces (pics would be really nice!:)) for pistols, knives, etc and I was hoping maybe you might share your source for leather.

linotype
01-29-2013, 11:15 AM
I use: http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com
Good source of tools, plans, ans supplies.
There is a leatherworkers forum on-line. Good folks.

Calamity Jake
01-29-2013, 11:45 AM
^^^^^^ There ya go, there's a retail store in my town, good friends with the manager he stocks good products.

cobroller
01-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Try Springfield Leather in Springfield MO. Springfieldleather.com

oldred
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions, that's what I was looking for and more.

km101
01-30-2013, 04:30 PM
+1 on Tandy Leather. I have used their leather, tools and dyes for more than 30 years and have been satisfied. If you get on their mailing list they will send you a monthly sale flier, and you can also get their catalog that lists all thier products. You can order from the factory or a store closed to you. They may even have a store near you, but they dont have as many stores as they used to. Check them out.......good stuff.

429421Cowboy
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Can't beat Tandy, as km101 said you get on their list and they will send you all sorts of stuff to drool over!

Also, if you don't already have a marble slab to work leather on, go to your local marble shop and ask for a cutout from when they cut out the hole for a sink, i got mine for nothing, it may cost you a little but they work great for tooling and cutting, just about the perfect size and at about 1" thick they are just heavy enough to not move but still easy to carry around.

oldred
01-30-2013, 04:59 PM
I never thought that maybe there would be a store close by so I just checked out the locations for Tandy and I found there is one in Knoxville Tn, I am just north of there and we shop in Knoxville regularly! Don't know how the dickens I have missed that store all this time but I will stop by this week!

TCLouis
01-31-2013, 12:06 AM
oldred

if the Knoxville store is like the Nashville store, you could be in the strip center parking lot where it is located and miss it.

Circuit Rider
01-31-2013, 09:31 PM
Weaver Leather in Ohio has good products and prices. Have used them for 10 years. www.weaverleather.com Always helpful on the phone. CR