PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Lube a matic 2

JaxCatm
01-29-2013, 03:18 AM
I just purchased the RCBS Lube a Matic 2 as a stop gap until my star arrives. After looking at the lyman .430 die I will be using with it couldn't help but wonder if I should plug one line of lube holes. The bullet to be sized has only one lube groove and I would like to avoid placing lube anywhere besides where it should be. If you have any experience with this type of problem or advice I would be thankful.

winelover
01-29-2013, 07:38 AM
I've never yet, found it necessary to plug any lube holes in my RCBS Lam II, just adjust the depth of the boolet accordingly.

Winelover

Mk42gunner
01-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Like Winelover; I have never bothered plugging lube holes in either Lyman or RCBS dies, just adjust the depth. That is one (admittedly minor) advantage of the in and out lubrisizers.

Robert

Mike W1
01-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Never plugged anything on mine either but I did inquire of RCBS if it'd be possible to obtain the adjusting screw in a slightly longer length which would IMHO make it easier and possibly more precise to adjust the depth the bullet goes into the die thus avoiding lubing more than you care to. Some have also suggested a styrofoam disk in there but I haven't had to try that trick with mine.

By the way if your's is the "2" you can eliminate that slip/slid thing for the price of a $1.39 socket and use your 1/4" drive ratchet instead. Much simpler and if you don't find a thread on it I'll upload a couple pictures and direction if you like.

rmb721
01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
I hav heard of some that plug some of the holes. They used shotgun shot.