PDA

View Full Version : Checking Air Traffic

Tom-ADC
01-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Have you ever wondered where that plane flying over head is going and what type of aircraft?

You can see how many aircraft are flying in your area...
I can now see why an aircraft traffic controller is one very, very busy person.

If you can get this working for you it will tell you who is flying and where they are going.

These are all the aircraft in the air right now.

In the left hand column, there is a box called "planes."

The number in the box is the number of aircraft airborne.

This view is what the traffic management people see for planning purposes at the various airports.

Every day you see planes in the sky, sometimes very high..with or without con-trails.

We ask ourselves questions :

What type of plane, airbus A320,330,350? boeing.....or other.

Where does it come from, where is it going, what altitude, what speed, what company etc.

You can see all the information instantly on your screen.

Some tricks;

On the map you will see all the planes in the air.

To view your region or town, you can zoom in by tapping with your mouse.

Click on a airplane, and on the left screen you will get all the info.

airline, type, speed, altitude in real time, re calculated every 10 seconds.

On some you can also click on ‘view from the cockpit’.

http://www.flightradar24.com/

snuffy
01-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Interesting. BUT it froze my computer, kicked me off the internet TWICE, didn't learn my lesson the first time!:( Well the in cockpit function did.

I have issues with the destinations listed when you click on the airplane icons, most of them are headed in the wrong direction! I don't think it's particularly accurate.

Johnch
01-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Interesting
Very interesting

The link works for me

I saved the link
As it will be nice to look more later

John

xs11jack
01-26-2013, 07:48 PM
I looked around and found one listed as going from South Carolina to New York and it was flying over Missouri, s'plain that one!
Jack

KYCaster
01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Didn't show ANY UPS flights in or out of Standiford in Louisville. This time of the evening they land at the rate of one every two minutes. The approach is more or less parallel to I65.

Jerry

gkainz
01-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Iphone has an app that will identify airplanes flying overhead, I've heard. If you were in NE Colorado, NW Nebraska or SW South Dakota, that would have been me flying over today. :)

I just checked the app out - very, very cool!!!

Charlie Two Tracks
01-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks for posting that. Another fun thing to look at this winter.

texassako
01-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Interesting link and definitely something different to look at. I found a flight near me that is looping from Paris to Mexico City via Greenland and Quebec.

Tom-ADC
01-26-2013, 11:08 PM
This one is supposed to be more accurate: http://flightaware.com/

Beau Cassidy
01-26-2013, 11:25 PM
I have looked at the flightradar24 site several times. It is a neat site. As to why some flight info is wrong, the transponder info is probably incorrect.

gkainz
01-27-2013, 01:11 AM
I use flightaware often

waksupi
01-27-2013, 01:34 AM
I don't trust the cockpit view. I looked at one flying out of Kalispell. It showed no snow on the ground!

leftiye
01-27-2013, 03:51 PM
I looked around and found one listed as going from South Carolina to New York and it was flying over Missouri, s'plain that one!
Jack

Senator's plane?