PDA

View Full Version : Veral Smith's Book

bigbear
01-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Where can I buy a copy of Veral Smith's book, Jacketed Performance with Cast Bullets? It's mentioned alot but never seen info on how I could order one. Thanks!

mrbill2
01-26-2013, 12:37 PM
http://www.lbtmoulds.com/

bigbear
01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Much appreciated!

captaint
01-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Veral will help you out with some nice boolit molds, too !! And lube - love that LBT Blue Soft. Mike

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
01-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Bigbear,

Buy two or don't loan out your copy.

Also, Vearl being a bit crusty, don't refer to bullets as, "boolits".

That turns his crank.

Not sure, but some say that Vearl came up with the Wide Flat Nose and Long Flat Nose, cast boolit profile.

Who ever is responsible, at least in a 45/70, it is over the top awesome in the game taking department! No expansion wanted or needed with the WFN!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

MGySgt
01-26-2013, 03:55 PM
It use to be anytime I see in print someone hawking their own cast boolits - they list them as LBT WFN or LBT LFN. I think Veral sued one or 2 of them and they stopped doing it unless they actually had Veral's moulds.

He makes an excellent mould that casts easy - and produces outstanding and consistant boolits. His LFN must be driven fast to get the downrange accuracy that most people are looking for.

I have a 400 gr WFN for my 475 Linbaugh that shoots outstanding at 100 yards.

I just can't afford his prices or all my moulds would be something from his line.

MT Chambers
01-26-2013, 05:51 PM
I sell WFN and LFN bullets for heavy duty applications, and yes, i have most of his molds for the big cals....44 and up to .515 including his 700gr. for the .500 S&W, all his molds and designs are top notch!!

45sixgun
01-26-2013, 10:12 PM
I have three of Veral's moulds for my three handguns, and I use his Blue lube. I ordered his book recently, and asked that he sign it. I also have used his lapping kit. He's a real pioneer of bullet design and accuracy with cast. Besides the quality of his stuff, getting it is acquiring a piece of history. And he's getting up there in age.

Veral has personally helped me very much to get going with casting, reloading, and shooting big bore handguns well. He's tops in my book. And, yes, he doesn't like the spelling "boolit."