PDA

View Full Version : The three of me.

WILCO
01-26-2013, 06:15 AM
Past WILCO, present WILCO and future WILCO is how I refer to myself after many experiences of trying to decipher what my intent was, at the time I broke off from a chore or some forgotten project. The reloading/casting bench has been a source of this dilema, as with hastily scribbled notes in various books and notepads around the house and work. Since I've become aware of this situation, I've taken steps to be more concise and thorough in written notes and actions. I had a small victory the other day when I was running late for an appointment and needed some windshield washing solution, but didn't and wouldn't have time to get some for the trip. Present WILCO scratched his chin while wondering if past WILCO had left some needed supplies in the garage for future WILCO? Upon opening the garage door, there was a brand new 1 gallon jug of solution right smack dab where I would find it!! I guess I'm making progress. Anyone else dealing with this?

Ramar
01-26-2013, 06:21 AM
I'm still in denial!!
Ramar

Cactus Farmer
01-26-2013, 06:26 AM
It's just CRS. It will become a friend.............

WILCO
01-26-2013, 07:26 AM
CRS = Can't remember $h*t! Got it. Took me a minute to find it with google.......

41 mag fan
01-26-2013, 09:50 AM
google? Present me dont remember that word, future me has never heard of that word, and past me me forgot what it meant... I'm screwed all the way around

x101airborne
01-26-2013, 10:19 AM
I often argue with myself, but my other half seems less helpful than your 1/3.

gbrown
01-26-2013, 10:47 AM
It's just CRS. It will become a friend.............

It becomes a very close friend. With you everywhere, all the time. I have always made lists to remind me of things to do, items needed, etc. Now, I can't remember where I put my list, or, I leave it at home. LOL

pipehand
01-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Present me was really happy a couple of days ago. Seems past me stored a 20mm can full of once fired LC-91 Match 7.62x51 in the storage building. Almost as good as the time he gave present me a couple of cases of pistol primers. Present me should start keeping better records to "pay it forward" to Future Me. And Past me is a pretty strong young fellow who has no difficulty toting a 20mm ammo can full of brass. When I leave things for Future Me, I should take into consideration that he may have lower back trouble, or arthritis, or may need instructions written in large print.

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-26-2013, 11:16 AM
WILCO,
there is one big benefit to your dilemma,
you can now hide your own Easter eggs, and you can do it several times a year if you enjoy it

cbrick
01-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Hhmmm . . . I had no idea there was another way to be, strange concept.

Rick

km101
01-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Wilco; Its kinda like talking to yourself. It seems strange to others, but is perfectly reasonable to you. It becomes more and more acceptable to you and others as you get older.

Besided, some of the best conversations I have ever had were with ME!

cbrick
01-26-2013, 12:28 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with talking with yourself. It guarantees you of two things . . .

1> An extremely intelligent speaker.
2> An extremely interested audience.

Rick

KYCaster
01-26-2013, 09:41 PM
I advanced past CRS and now enjoy a full blown case of CRAFT!

I've been hiding my own birthday presents for years.

Jerry

nhrifle
01-26-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm lost.
I've gone to look for myself.
If I get back before I return, please ask me to wait.

10x
01-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Just exactly who are you guys?
and what am I doing here????

crabo
01-28-2013, 01:34 AM
I am often sending myself emails and texts to remind me of something I need to remember to do, and sometimes I still get it wrong.

Wal'
01-28-2013, 02:30 AM
Just how good did you feel when you opened that garage door.......:) :-D

coloraydo
01-28-2013, 03:12 AM
It is true, there is nothing wrong talking with yourself. It also is not TOO bad answering yourself.
But, when you start going "HUH", then it might be time to........[smilie=1::roll:

Stephen Cohen
01-28-2013, 03:40 AM
My wife nags me all the time about this. But I just tell her its the only way I can get a sane conversation, (I do so at a safe distance of cause)

linotype
01-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Wilco, like you, there are three of me, too. Best part is if one of us has a disagreement, the other two have someone to talk to! :)