PDA

View Full Version : Can't read about guns in a DQ !!!!!

rbertalotto
01-25-2013, 06:41 PM
I was in a DQ in Austin Tx today. Sitting there I tried to use their free wifi to access this forum............"This Site is Blocked ....contains Guns, Bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, etc" I was told when trying to open this site.

Is this ALL DQs or just this one. I know McDonalds and Starbucks has no prohibitions.

BTW, the DQ food was nasty anyways.......I won't be going back.

Olevern
01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
You should let the management know your reasons for not going back. Businesses are run by the bottom line more than by views on controversial issues (at least until the business owner gets so filthy rich, it doesn't matter any more).

gbrown
01-25-2013, 06:51 PM
It's not the business, it's the location--Austin. All the transplanted Californians go there. The Diane lovers. DQ's are independently owned, so the owner in one area may do that while in other areas they won't. My nephew was there the other day for the opening of his film. He's from San Francisco. If he and my brother-in-law were standing at the poles of politics, it would be like north pole and south pole. All the over 40 hippies want to move there.

geargnasher
01-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Texas is a conservative state because we do our best to herd all the liberal, tree-hugging, pot-smoking, granola-gobbling, whale-saving, bead-wearing, Subaru-driving, hippie space-cadets into just ONE city where they can have one big orgy and leave the rest of us alone. Yeah, keep Austin Weird or whatever their slogan is. Bunch of freaks living on Starbucks and compact flourescent lightbulbs.

Gear

cylinderman
01-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah that's just crazy, would definitely make it well known what they are doing and not patronize. Just like I do businesses not friendly to open carry or CCW

wv109323
01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
I like Subaru.

John Allen
01-25-2013, 08:20 PM
I just hung this sign on the front door of 59499my Dive Shop

Charlie Two Tracks
01-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Way to go John! Good job!

kweidner
01-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Texas is a conservative state because we do our best to herd all the liberal, tree-hugging, pot-smoking, granola-gobbling, whale-saving, bead-wearing, Subaru-driving, hippie space-cadets into just ONE city where they can have one big orgy and leave the rest of us alone. Yeah, keep Austin Weird or whatever their slogan is. Bunch of freaks living on Starbucks and compact flourescent lightbulbs.

Gear

I just spit sweet tea through my nostrils Gear. Good thing I was using my ipad with lifecase. There should be a warning before reading this post. :lol:

DLCTEX
01-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Austin was not friendly if you were in uniform during the late 60's and early 70's. I still don't like that town.

JIMinPHX
01-25-2013, 11:29 PM
I just hung this sign on the front door of 59499my Dive Shop

Where did you find that sign? I'd like to get a few.

Recluse
01-26-2013, 01:38 AM
Know what I like about Austin?

Not a damned thing.

As Dale pointed out, Austin has always been hostile to men and women in uniform, was the first city in the U.S. to hold an anti-U.S. protest within a few days after 9/11 urging us to not to go war with anyone, brags about "keeping Austin weird" (I used to have a t-shirt that read "Want to keep Austin weird? Build a fence around it."), is the home of the university that I despise more than any other in the entire continental U.S., and in general is the entire lower GI of the state of Texas, with University of Texas being the rectum itself.

Austin draws liberals, pinkos, bed-wetting communists, freaks of nature, gender-benders and genetically mutated people like bus wrecks draw crowds of ambulance-chasing personal injury lawyers.

DQ is headquartered in Minnesota, so it's a damned yankee company to be sure, but they're almost wholly franchised. I'd look up the franchise owner and tell him that you got food-poisoning while you were there and that you're still sick to your stomach.

:coffee:

41 mag fan
01-26-2013, 01:41 AM

Gear

Herding them into Lake Travis with cinderblocks on their ankles would be even better

geargnasher
01-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Herding them into Lake Travis with cinderblocks on their ankles would be even better

That would be a nasty mess of pollution, I don't think the ecology of the lake and river downstream would ever recover. Not to mention I'm not sure there are enough cinderblocks in Travis County to do the job. You know, some libtard would also petition congress to outlaw cinderblocks as "weapons of mass murder".

Gear

xs11jack
01-26-2013, 02:34 AM
You can't bury them nether, it pollutes the ground water. I lived there a year working at Bergstom AF base. Wasn't so bad then. Now the only solution is to somehow send them back to California, where everything is polluted anyway. Texas should pass a law that if you are from California and want to stay, you have to go to a veterinarian and get fixed. No kids, when you die your line dies too.
Jack

geargnasher
01-26-2013, 02:42 AM
There are quite a few fine people that come in from California, believe it or not. West Coast Yankees, we call them, they're different, but hey, if they're good people they're good people and if they have the fortitude to live here, they're welcome in my book. Now, when they start pumping our water tables down and drying up all the wells to feed another six or eight PGA-approved golf courses replete with the water-and-electricity-sucking multi-million-dollar housing communities, then it's time to put a stop to it. If you come here, learn to live like a Texan and respect the resources and local political views, don't come here and spread your cancer around.

Gear

drklynoon
01-26-2013, 02:50 AM
Well, that stinks but oh well I do wonder if someone would jump up and down if a business owner blocked less politically correct sites. Whatever though, I just wouldn't go back. As for Austin, I am not a Texan so my opinion isn't worth jack or **** but for a republican I do like weird towns.

WILCO
01-26-2013, 04:25 AM
I know McDonalds and Starbucks has no prohibitions.

That's how you vote with your wallet!

RayinNH
01-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Gear, you forgot Birkenstocks, other than that you pretty much covered it :)

cbrick
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Texas is a conservative state because we do our best to herd all the liberal, tree-hugging, pot-smoking, granola-gobbling, whale-saving, bead-wearing, Subaru-driving, hippie space-cadets into just ONE city where they can have one big orgy and leave the rest of us alone. Yeah, keep Austin Weird or whatever their slogan is. Bunch of freaks living on Starbucks and compact flourescent light bulbs. Gear

Silly Gear, they don't drive Subaru's.

They have moved forward, onward and upward. They now drive the Prius' and Volt.

Rick

John Allen
01-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Where did you find that sign? I'd like to get a few.

Robert, I found it online and printed it out and then laminated it bud. I did see some companies that had similar signs. Google Concealed Carry Permitted.

km101
01-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Austin is NOT representative of the rest of the State of TEXAS! Even though it is the state capitol it is as different from the rest of the state as it is pollible to be. You could build a 10' chain link fence all the way around Austin, hang a sign on the gate that reads "State Insane Asylum", and you would only have to let out a few hundred people who didnt qualify as insane.

The Austin city council recently tried to outlaw gun shows on city property, ie; the convention center which has been a gunshow venue for years. They reconsidered only after the Texas Attorney General told them that this would be illegal, and threatened to file a lawsuit. The unofficial motto is "Keep Austin Wierd" and they do a good job of it. They are geographically Texans, but they aint REAL Texans!

starmac
01-26-2013, 01:42 PM
It used to be the Official Home of the Flower Children. May still be, as I haven't been there in quite a few years.

Thumbcocker
01-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Love our Subaru and I have been known to eat granola.:-?

GaryN
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
It's funny how people move into your area and immediately start trying to change things to be like where they just came from. I have a city close to me like Austin. It's not as big but there are a lot of weird types. It's called Park City, Utah. It's where Al Gore goes on vacation when he comes this way. If you look real close you can find some normal people but not many. Most are just wrapped up in themselves.

Hardcast416taylor
01-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Got a family of 6 that match the description of what Gear described buy some property next to my spread so they could "experience the urban enviroment". He works for Ford and she used to be a Volvo car model. You`d have thought they were "gut shot" when they heard that I shoot guns on my property. They even went to the township to see if it was legal for me to be doing this! Only been living on this spread for 30+ years. Once they found out I was a former part timer LEO and my son was a Sgt. with the county they backed off on their shocked routine. They won`t associate with me now, which is fine by me.Robert

williamwaco
01-26-2013, 06:27 PM
I was in a DQ in Austin Tx today. Sitting there I tried to use their free wifi to access this forum............"This Site is Blocked ....contains Guns, Bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, etc" I was told when trying to open this site.

Is this ALL DQs or just this one. I know McDonalds and Starbucks has no prohibitions.

DQ food has not always been that nasty, Only for the past 50 or 60 years.

Charley
01-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Austin is NOT representative of the rest of the State of TEXAS! Even though it is the state capitol it is as different from the rest of the state as it is pollible to be. You could build a 10' chain link fence all the way around Austin, hang a sign on the gate that reads "State Insane Asylum", and you would only have to let out a few hundred people who didnt qualify as insane.

The Austin city council recently tried to outlaw gun shows on city property, ie; the convention center which has been a gunshow venue for years. They reconsidered only after the Texas Attorney General told them that this would be illegal, and threatened to file a lawsuit. The unofficial motto is "Keep Austin Wierd" and they do a good job of it. They are geographically Texans, but they aint REAL Texans!
Travis County considered it, not Austin itself. Greg Abbot backed them down. As for Californios and others, remember the state's unofficial motto: "Welcome to Texas. We don't give a damn HOW you did it where you came from".

JIMinPHX
01-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Robert, I found it online and printed it out and then laminated it bud. I did see some companies that had similar signs. Google Concealed Carry Permitted.

If you can point me to a higher resolution (or larger) picture of that sign, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim

2HighSpeed
01-26-2013, 11:56 PM
We went to Austin when we first got here a few months ago, What a crowded little city. I was miserable the entire time, Thankfully we where only there for the airport.

Doc65
01-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Gary,

That's about right, at the Gun Rally on the Capitol steps when they were asking for a shouted vote for where people were from, there were more people up from St. George than there were from Pk City. and it's probably 250 miles further away!!!

It's funny how people move into your area and immediately start trying to change things to be like where they just came from. I have a city close to me like Austin. It's not as big but there are a lot of weird types. It's called Park City, Utah. It's where Al Gore goes on vacation when he comes this way. If you look real close you can find some normal people but not many. Most are just wrapped up in themselves.

Doc65
01-27-2013, 12:14 AM
I've heard it got that way, I actually enjoyed it when I was stationed just east on Bergstrom AFB in the late 80's, and on the Gunshows at the convention center, that's actually where I went to my first one ever in about 87!!!

We went to Austin when we first got here a few months ago, What a crowded little city. I was miserable the entire time, Thankfully we where only there for the airport.

Gliden07
01-27-2013, 12:42 AM
You should get one of those programs that set up a secondary webpage it sends the prohibited material to that site then you view the content from the secondary site that isn't blocked. I'm not a computer guy but I have a program on my computer so I can access "gun" related sites from school on my breaks and lunch! I'm paying them tuition its none of there Damn business what I do on my own time!! Its pretty funny to see some of the looks I get.

cbrick
01-27-2013, 08:33 AM
If you can point me to a higher resolution (or larger) picture of that sign, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Jim

Jim, here's one. There are many such sites, just Google "Concealed Carry Permitted" or any thing like that and you'll get several.

http://www.compliancesigns.com/NHE-16349.shtml?utm_source=GoDataFeed&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&gclid=COG-yfTEiLUCFcSPPAodGkQAsw

Rick

MtGun44
01-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Subway blocks access to this site, also. Complained several times, counter help
shrug and say 'not my job'.

Bill

JIMinPHX
01-30-2013, 07:59 AM
You should get one of those programs that set up a secondary webpage it sends the prohibited material to that site then you view the content from the secondary site that isn't blocked. I'm not a computer guy but I have a program on my computer so I can access "gun" related sites from school on my breaks and lunch! I'm paying them tuition its none of there Damn business what I do on my own time!! Its pretty funny to see some of the looks I get.

What program do you use for that?

JIMinPHX
01-30-2013, 08:00 AM
Jim, here's one. There are many such sites, just Google "Concealed Carry Permitted" or any thing like that and you'll get several.

http://www.compliancesigns.com/NHE-16349.shtml?utm_source=GoDataFeed&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&gclid=COG-yfTEiLUCFcSPPAodGkQAsw

Rick

Thanks,
Jim