PDA

View Full Version : Lead time for ordering from Midsouth Shooters

milrifle
01-25-2013, 08:11 AM
I see where most, if not all, the on-line suppliers have a message on their sites saying how backed up they are and so on. Does anyone have a feel for just how long an order is taking? I usually order from Midsouth Shooters, as they are not too far away and shipping times are usually less for that reason. However, I ordered a couple of items on-line last Sunday night (1-20-13) and have not even received an e-mail saying they got my order. Do you guys think this is just them being backed up, or do you think my order fell through the cracks?

I'll Make Mine
01-25-2013, 08:14 AM
A couple places I've looked recently were posting three weeks to fulfill orders even though stock was confirmed (real time inventory) before ordering. Sounds like the shipping departments are backed up pretty deep.

bobthenailer
01-25-2013, 10:51 AM
2 weeks ago I made a phone order to Midsouth , on this order placed in the beginning of january it took 5 days ! in the past my orders took 3 days , but on occasion 2 days , and twice 1 day.

LeadBrain
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
They are backed up. You should receive an E-mail when they ship. I ordered 2 in stock items a few weeks ago, it took about 5 days before I got shipment confirmation but I did get a order confirmation within 2 days. You might check your account info online and see if it shows up. Everyone is ordering and they can't keep up with demand. Grafs is 6 weeks behind!

GLL
01-25-2013, 11:57 AM
I would also suggest checking your online account ! I usually get same-day confirmation from MidSouth and delivery within 5 days. MidSouth is my go-2 company lately!

Jerry

milrifle
01-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks Guys. I hadn't thought about checking my account. I thought about calling, but I'm sure they get enough of that, hence their notes about how busy they are. I took your advice and checked my account on line. Looks as if it shipped last night. I should see it on Monday. Thanks again.

W.R.Buchanan
01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
I called Midway USA today at 9 AM PST.. The auto answer said approximate wait time to talk to a representative was 11 minutes. I have never had to wait for even 15 seconds, so they must be slammed.

These *****s in congress are really making a mess of the supply system in this country.

If you noticed Feinstein unveiled her rediculous AW ban which pretty much covers every firearm made except single shot .22's and shotguns. She has no chance of getting it thru the Senate, let alone the house.

The reason why it is so loaded down is so she can maybe get something passed. IF she gets anything thru it will be something and more than they have now. So they load the bill up with numerous bargaining chips in the hopes that some "reasonable congress people will sign on. I doubt Harry Reid will even let it get out of committee, it's too much and the timing couldn't be worse, especially since none of them are going to get paid unless they pass a budget first. It is DOA at the house.

I personally think this is all "much ado about nothing" and what I really think is they might be trying to ram thru the UN Small Arms treaty, and use all the other BS as cover so they can do it in secret.

If he does do the UN Treaty I think he will have a war on his hands.

First Civil War Free's Blacks, Second Civil War, started by a black man, enslaves everyone! We've come a long way in 150 years!

For those who don't know already, this guy's mission is to bring down the US. He must be watched constantly!

This is why there are long lines at gun shows and at Midway.

Randy

TXBRILL
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
I too use Midsouth almost exclusively, I purchased my last order from Graf's since Midsouth was out of what I wanted. I ordered Jan 3, it shipped yesterday Jan 25.