PDA

View Full Version : Parts, I need parts

Muddydogs
01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
My father a long time caster decided I needed a lube sizer for Christmas so I am the new owner of a Lyman luber thats been setting in the box for the last month as I have been using the Lee tumble lube molds for all my casting needs. Well I just couldn't take it anymore and decided I needed to get the luber up and running but finding a vendor that has everything in stock looks like it isn't going to happen. I finaly placed an order with Midway for a .358mold, lube die and top punch but the die is backordered until mid Feb. I also placed an order with White Label Lube for a few sticks of there Red lube. So the wait continues but on the bright side the mold will be here next week so I can start casting 357 bullets, by the time the die shows up I should have plenty to lube size. I originally was going to get the lube die, top punch and gas checks to do some 223 bullets that my Dad gave me but the wait on gas checks is a few months out.

Wayne Smith
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Go down to the bottom of the page, click on Group Buy Login, and create a login for yourself. You can see what gc's Darryl has on hand. These are Gator Checks, arguably the best in the business. Several of our members will make size dies - I think Buckshot (Ric) is limiting his work to unusual calibers but you might go to the Vendor Sponsor area and check out what is available through this site. Molds, dies and gas checks are only part of what our vendors offer.

leftiye
01-25-2013, 06:30 AM
Tricky guy yer Dad! Yup, time fer the next step. Don't stop to calculate just when the cost of the equipment will amortize out in savings using cast (It would be frustrating). Look on eVil bAy would be my suggestion.

Muddydogs
01-25-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't worry about cost of equipment and cost savings as I know that will never happen, there is always more powder, primers and bullets to get. The lube sizer does round out my equipment very well and I don't see me purchasing any big ticket items any time soon since I have the single stage, progressive presses covered as well as casting now. I also load for the shotgun and have a couple presses to take care of them needs.