PDA

View Full Version : Come on over and join in on the Trade at Swap Arms

DODGEM250
01-22-2013, 10:46 PM
So does this mean if we post an ad on the SwapArms forum, and then repost it on CastBoolits, will we be banned from the CastBoolits forum and get some nasty PM about breaking the same rule that so many people break on other forums or is SwapArms owned by Castboolits and that makes it ok ?

I just want to know how thin this line is before I post anything on either forum. Yes, it is a very important question.

CastBoolits Law:
"A Place to Buy and Sell Our GUN STUFF! "NO EBAY LINKS,PLUGS or NOTICES" If the item is not for sale here exclusively ,do not list it here. DO NOT list the same goods you have on other forums. NO LONG LAUNDRY LISTS. This area is subject to thread deletion without notice if the same stuff is posted elsewhere. DO CHECK THE WTB FORUM IF SELLING ! Sales, trades and auction style sales are OK. Rules: NO spamming ,no degrading posts on sales threads, Newer members must be here 30 days and have 25 relevant posts (+1 and me too don't count). Privileges to post here can be revoked for abusing the above terms. Listings will be deleted after 30 days. This area is meant for casual sales only, if you have a "commercial" or "volume" based business venture contact 45nut (http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?u=3). to sign on as a vendor sponsor. Thanks!"

JIMinPHX
01-22-2013, 11:27 PM
What is the SwapArms forum?

runfiverun
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
there's a banner up for it, middle top of the page.
it's a section willy added.
can't answer the op's question though.

waksupi
01-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Can only be posted in one place.

MT Gianni
01-23-2013, 01:15 AM
Copied to staff for discussion.

Dannix
01-23-2013, 01:53 AM
I just noticed the banner and had the same sort of question. Is it a sister site like the few others we have?

So does this mean if we post an ad on the SwapArms forum, and then repost it on CastBoolits, will we be banned from the CastBoolits forum and get some nasty PM about breaking the same rule that so many people break on other forums or is SwapArms owned by Castboolits and that makes it ok ?

I just want to know how thin this line is before I post anything on either forum. Yes, it is a very important question.

CastBoolits Law:
"A Place to Buy and Sell Our GUN STUFF! "NO EBAY LINKS,PLUGS or NOTICES" If the item is not for sale here exclusively ,do not list it here. DO NOT list the same goods you have on other forums. NO LONG LAUNDRY LISTS. This area is subject to thread deletion without notice if the same stuff is posted elsewhere. DO CHECK THE WTB FORUM IF SELLING ! Sales, trades and auction style sales are OK. Rules: NO spamming ,no degrading posts on sales threads, Newer members must be here 30 days and have 25 relevant posts (+1 and me too don't count). Privileges to post here can be revoked for abusing the above terms. Listings will be deleted after 30 days. This area is meant for casual sales only, if you have a "commercial" or "volume" based business venture contact 45nut (http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?u=3). to sign on as a vendor sponsor. Thanks!"

Gunload Master
01-23-2013, 02:56 AM
Its part of the gunloads "family". But as waksupi said its not allowed on both. Its completely seperate from cb.

chrisw
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
eh, seems like a waste then, when you could post the same item here with a MUCH higher audience.

montana_charlie
01-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Went and looked ... won't be back.

Gunload Master
01-23-2013, 02:51 PM

Why?...

montana_charlie
01-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Why?...

Too much like a department store, instead of a garage sale.
Plus, the Swap & Sell section is a daily scheduled stop for me.

I only visit a certain group of sections, and am not interested in adding a new one.
I am only just now getting in the habit of looking in 'Our Town' ...

CM

JIMinPHX
01-24-2013, 12:16 AM
I'll assume that it's OK to post in one area & then if you don't get any traction there, you can take down the original posting & then post in the other area instead? I'm guessing that as long as the same thing is not posted in both places at the same time it is OK?

waksupi
01-24-2013, 12:49 AM
I'll assume that it's OK to post in one area & then if you don't get any traction there, you can take down the original posting & then post in the other area instead? I'm guessing that as long as the same thing is not posted in both places at the same time it is OK?

That is correct. Once that board gets some use, I won't be surprised to see it become a pretty good auction site.

MT Gianni
01-24-2013, 01:19 AM
The benefits of selling here are: number of casters visiting here, family environment of trust, ability to read feedback that is actual, and no charges. If you choose not to abide by the rules and go elsewhere who know what you might get.

gnoahhh
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM
While on the face of it, it's a good idea but I probably won't look in there too much. The classifieds here on this site is one that I make a bee-line too a couple times a day. Having to visit another ad forum within the same website is too inconvenient for me whose gun-related browsing time is limited while I'm supposed to be , ahem, working.

mroliver77
01-24-2013, 11:10 AM
How is this other site funded? Inquiring minds need to know! ;)
Jay

10 ga
01-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Since starting to buy, sell and trade via internet, about 15 years ago, I have had the best "traction" for moving shooting related items here on Cast Boolits and finding stuff for loading too. When It comes to finding a particular item I often search far and wide. I'll probably visit "swap arms" when I'm searching for something but will use Cast Boolits as my 1st sale point for selling stuff. Best to all, 10 ga

Gunload Master
01-25-2013, 02:58 AM
How is this other site funded? Inquiring minds need to know! ;)
Jay

You see those banner ads up top :)

pdawg_shooter
01-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Just tried to, wont accept my log on or password.

cajun shooter
01-25-2013, 10:14 AM
I had the same problem! Maybe a black listed member with out my knowledge.

Gunload Master
01-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Its a different forum seperate from cast boolits which means you need a new membership over there.

Catshooter
01-25-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm not sure I see the need for it, am I missing something? I'm not in favor of it as now I have a whole 'nuther place to check for things I need.

I appreciate the effort. Is it serving a need I'm missing?

Cat

geargnasher
01-25-2013, 10:11 PM
I have five username/passwords associated with the Gunloads family of sites as it is, not doing another.

Gear

swheeler
01-25-2013, 10:15 PM
I have five username/passwords associated with the Gunloads family of sites as it is, not doing another.

Gear

Gear you're spending way to much time on the internet!;) just kiddin'

mpmarty
01-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Went and looked. Not impressed: Too much "stuff" in too many boxes and I guess it's beyond my comprehension.