PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Lyman Mag 25 Digital Melting Furnace

jameslovesjammie
01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Went to Lyman's website to lok up something and saw they had a "new for 2013" link. I clicked on it and loaded a PDF file. Page 9 in the upper right hand corner.

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/catalogue-download/pdf/2013NewProducts.pdf

jameslovesjammie
01-22-2013, 06:08 PM
"Lyman has introduced their largest and most precise lead melting furnace
yet: The Mag 25. The twenty five pound capacity is five pounds
greater than Lyman's popular Mag 20. In addition, this new furnace is
the first to offer an advanced digital thermal management system with
key pad controls.
Designed for high volume bullet caster, the Mag 25 offers an array of
features not found on any other furnace. With 850 watts of power, the
furnace is quick to heat up, even with the increased capacity. In addition,
the digital display on the front panel shows both the actual lead
temperature as well as the desired temperature setting. Precise furnace
operation is enhanced by the simple keypad controls.
For casting versatility, the furnace is equipped with a universal mould
guide which can adjust for most popular mould blocks from Lyman,
RCBS, Redding/Saeco & Lee. Lyman's proven bottom pour valve system
and mould block preheating plate assure maximum casting volume.
The Mag 25 sits on a large, stable base with two, front-loading
storage compartments for handy access to needed tools. This
advanced furnace is offered in both 115 Volt and 230 Volt models.
• Advanced digital thermostat control with simple to use key pad
• Separate digital displays for temp. setting and actual lead temp.
• Larger 25 pound capacity
• Universal mould guide accepts most Lyman,
RCBS, Redding/Saeco and Lee moulds
• Built-in storage compartment
• Powerful 850 watt heating system
• Warming shelf for pre-heating mould blocks
• Reliable bottom pour valve system"

HATCH
01-22-2013, 06:10 PM

Its a 25 lb pot with a PID controller

BTW its out already
http://www.opticsplanet.com/lyman-mag-25-digital-melting-furnace.html
$240.00
comes in a 120 and a 230v model.

Love Life
01-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Now that is cool. I may get one of those over a promelt.

Nocturnal Stumblebutt
01-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Pretty fancy furnace, I see they "borrowed" a few things from Lee, like the priming tool and the new ez trim case trimmers.

cbrick
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Interesting . . . it sounds very much like Lyman has been reading this forum . . . And paid attention. :mrgreen:

Be interesting to read some reviews here once folks have had the chance to use it.

Rick

jameslovesjammie
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
The mould block preheating plate looks like an interesting feature to me. It really shouldn't take up any more bench space than my Lee 10 pound bottom pour and the hot plate I have next to it for preheating moulds.

bradh
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
When you click on the availability it says ships in 24 to 34 days; sound like not in stock yet.

jameslovesjammie
01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
BTW its out already
http://www.opticsplanet.com/lyman-mag-25-digital-melting-furnace.html
$240.00
comes in a 120 and a 230v model.

Nope. When you click on the "product availability" button on the website, it says should be available in 24-30 days. Lyman's site says mid April 2013.

cbrick
01-22-2013, 07:06 PM
OpticsPlanet has this melting pot listed with the following description.

Lyman Mag 25 Digital Melting Furnace is just what you need to fulfill your hobby. The Lyman Mag 25 Melting Furnace is a gunsmithing tool that will allow you to accurate create measurements and perfect shells everytime. Everyone knows you have a passion for reloading; show off your knack by using the best product: the Lyman Mag 25 Digital Melting Furnace.

Hhmmm . . . Ok, if they say so.

Rick

fecmech
01-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Gee-back to the future. In 1970 I bought a Lyman (Saeco copy) 10 lb. furnace. The top had about a 2" wide edge that was the same temp as the pot, perfect to preheat molds and ingots. It also had a 1000 watt heating element that was very fast in melt time and catch up. So fast in fact one could cast at top speed with two 4 cavity molds at top speed all day long or until you ran out of lead or your arms fell off! It of course did not have a digital solid state control. But while casting at speed and preheating ingots, temps with that old snap switch didn't vary more than about 30 deg. I guess I'm just an old man on a rant, sorry guys. The new Lyman looks nice,I wonder what the price tag is.

runfiverun
01-22-2013, 08:55 PM
it does sound like they perused around here to see what casters want.
i might need another new pot at some point and that would defnatly top my list,
especially with the temp control and read-out.
and the warming spot definatly adds a bonus.
i'd still build a top for it.

HATCH
01-22-2013, 09:07 PM
I am thinking of selling my pro 420 with pid to buy that one.

Love Life
01-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I'll be ordering one as soon as I find a website that has one in stock. I'll report back. This has a lot going for it.

Digital temp control with readout
Warming spot so no hot plate needed
storage for hollow point pins and allen keys

cbrick
01-22-2013, 10:24 PM
I'll be ordering one as soon as I find a website that has one in stock.

I doubt you'll find one until at least April. This sounds a lot like a SHOT Show news release the same as they did with the new book except that came out finally almost a year late. Midway doesn't yet list it.

But if ya do find one let us know about it. If this is decently built it will probably dominate the lead pot market with the PID and 25 pound capacity.

Rick

Love Life
01-22-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm still looking. Places will let you order, but they do say whether in stock or not. I'll know more when I call them tomorrow. I have had good luck with Lyman so my fingers will be crossed on this one. My hot plate recently died and my Lee 20 lb pot has been jimmy rigged since the 2nd week I owned it. It is time for an upgrade!

My only concern is the electronics. My garage is not insulated and we have been below zero at night and in the 30's during the day for about a month. I heard the cold was bad for the electronics.

tonyjones
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm looking forward to reading reviews of this furnace by members here. Please post your results.

Best regards,

Tony

HATCH
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
My only concern is the electronics. My garage is not insulated and we have been below zero at night and in the 30's during the day for about a month. I heard the cold was bad for the electronics.

I don't get that cold here but i have a computer out in my shop. Its been from 20 degrees to 100 degrees in there this past year.
The main thing with electronics is huge swings in temp rapidly.
I doubt your garage gets below freezing if its attached.
Just get a oil filed heater and leave it on the night before you are gonna cast.

Love Life
01-24-2013, 11:28 AM
My garage is not attached. My concern is for the electronics going from 30 degrees to casting temperatures in a 30 minute time period. Although it would be a gradual rise in temp and not instant. Although I bet lyman took that into account when designing it (I hope). I called a few places that listed the pot, but they are not in stock yet. You can pay for one and it will ship with free shipping once they get them. I still have some research to do on electronics before I make the plunge though.

I'll probably get on anyway and roll the dice becuase it has all the features I want in a melting pot.

Kraschenbirn
01-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like the new pot uses the same valve/spout set-up at the Mag 20...which has an irritateling tendency 'freeze-up' if you try to cast below about 675 F. It shouldn't have taken much to correct that common complaint, though, just a bit of rerouting of the heating element so, maybe...

Bill

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-24-2013, 12:13 PM
So, whats the general thoughts on Lyman bottom pours?
I was seriously considering the RCBS till I saw this thread with the PID already there.
Is the Lyman a drippy thing like Lee? That seems like a good price with the controller already installed

Lizard333
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm interested to see the results on this pot. I'm happy right now with my lee 20 and 10, but I think I have enough room for another!!

Larry Gibson
01-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Hmmmmm....looks like my Mag 20 will be getting a "big brother"...........

Larry Gibson

usmcscout
04-25-2013, 02:49 AM
ANYONE find one yet ?

cbrick
04-25-2013, 06:23 AM
Midway is currently listing May 31, 2013 as date expected in stock. It was mid April, same thing happened with the new book that finally came out almost a year late.

Rick

cbrick
04-25-2013, 06:38 AM
On a side note, Midway is listing the Lyman Mag 25 digital @ $260.00. The RCBS ProMelt is $375.00.

If the Lyman gains a reputation for durability with the 25 pound capacity and PID they will dominate the market. I wonder if RCBS will take note regarding the PID? This should raise some eyebrows at RCBS.

Rick

Shuz
04-27-2013, 08:45 AM
I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. My Lyman Mag 20 of many years service, suddenly quit maintaining temperature. At the last casting session, the only way I could keep the temp down was to keep adding ingots for cooling! not real conducive for consistency! Does anybody make a PID controller or thermostat that I could repair mine with until the new model hits the market?

cbrick
04-27-2013, 10:00 AM
In the vendor section, PID's are offered by Frozone . . . I don't have one of these but have heard much good about them.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?184048-PlugNPlay-PID-Controllers-Details

Rick

dragonrider
04-27-2013, 10:27 AM
I haave one of Frozone's pids, works great.

Shuz
04-27-2013, 02:33 PM
In the vendor section, PID's are offered by Frozone . . . I don't have one of these but have heard much good about them.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?184048-PlugNPlay-PID-Controllers-Details

Rick

Thanks for the info Rick--Shuz

Bigslug
04-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like the new pot uses the same valve/spout set-up at the Mag 20...which has an irritateling tendency 'freeze-up' if you try to cast below about 675 F. It shouldn't have taken much to correct that common complaint, though, just a bit of rerouting of the heating element so, maybe...

THIS.

I often resort to the "Sacred Ancestral Paper Clip" to poke upwards and clear the spigot. Shouldn't take rocket science to fix.

groundsclown
04-27-2013, 07:32 PM
This new lyman is definitely in my future.

Ziptar
04-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Mine too.

Bigslug
04-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Lyman website is saying available Fall 2013.

Glock Junkie
04-29-2013, 08:07 AM
Wonder if its gonna be Orange ? I hate orange lol !

*edit* found pics of it and its not orange

Maybe I need to save up some more $ and add my Lee 4-20 money I have saved up and get this instead

cbrick
04-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Maybe I need to save up some more $ and add my Lee 4-20 money I have saved up and get this instead

That as the saying goes . . . Is a no brainer!

Rick

Iron Mike Golf
04-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Lyman website is saying available Fall 2013.

Oh, up til last week, it was Summer 2013! Well, I got one on pre-order. When it gets here, it gets here.

cbrick
04-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Oh, up til last week, it was Summer 2013! Well, I got one on pre-order. When it gets here, it gets here.

And before that it was April. They did the same thing with the new book, made it's debut at the SHOT Show in January & said it would be out in April, then August, then December. It was well over a year before it finally hit the shelves.

Rick

lmcollins
05-01-2013, 11:52 AM
FYI: After looking at this old thread, I called Lyman today. They said not until this fall. FALL. So, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I also asked about the new EEzy Prime hand primer that is listed. The the MSRP is about $48.00. It comes with two trays, and uses ANY shellholder. That is important to me since I've often bought the dies I wanted, and the shellholder that was in stock. They said, "hopefully, midsummer."

The phone answering system canned spam also states that "due to the increase in recent demand on products the customer service hours have been reduced, and the customer employees are helping in shiping part of the day."

From the sound of many on this site this might be the best help from Lyman's Customer Service in years....

Love Life
05-01-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm still waiting for them as well. Fall is a bit off, and I may end up with the pro-melt instead, but the Lyman has so many great things going for it!! Pid, heating shelf, storage. Just a well thought out idea. Now it just needs to hit the shelves.

Chilmonty
05-01-2013, 06:48 PM
I ordered one of these about a month ago from Optics Planet. It was the first place I saw it for sale.
They have shown it as available in 5-7 weeks, for about 5-7 weeks now???
I guess it will arrive in the fall, not sure which year though. :)

Mal Paso
05-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Going by past performance Lyman will have the furnace on the shelves between 1 and 2 years after the original delivery date. :coffee:

GARCIA
05-02-2013, 04:59 AM
I purchased one through Midsouth (Feb) for roughly $223 with the understanding it would grace my doorstep sometime this spring. Then it changed to summer and now it's saying this fall. Well hopefully maybe this year? Till then sir drips a lot and myself will continue with our love and hate relationship!!

Tom

Shuz
05-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Looks like I gotta deal with my Lyman Mouldmaster XX with it's bad thermostat for a while. Yesterday, I had to maintain alloy temp with my thermometer as best I could by adding cold ingots to the melt. Furnace wanted to continue climbing past 800 degrees!
Does Lyman sell replacement thermostats for these furnaces, or is there some other "fix" I could try that won't break the bank like the aforementioned PID controller?

Hardcast416taylor
05-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Lyman announcing a new product is alot like the car companies. They promise you anything at the auto shows then they push that date further by a year or two due to "engineering and production problems".Robert

LynC2
05-16-2013, 10:03 AM
I purchased one through Midsouth (Feb) for roughly $223 with the understanding it would grace my doorstep sometime this spring. Then it changed to summer and now it's saying this fall. Well hopefully maybe this year? Till then sir drips a lot and myself will continue with our love and hate relationship!!

Tom

Same here, I also pre-ordered one of the new Lyman Mag 25's from Midsouth as my Saeco is getting pretty old now. I hope it shows up this year!

Larry Gibson
05-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Yup, Lyman sure is a deadbeat company.....how about you guys hop down to the local gun store and buy a Lee, RCBS or any other pot? Oooops....none there just like most everything else........made by everyone else........

Lyman is probably like every other company these days; at full production trying to meet this crazy panic demand for what they make now and, like every other company, they can't meet current demand. The Mag 25 was announced before the panic set in. I called to order one and they were getting into production. Didn't get it and called back; production on hold to satisfy current production of moulds and other products.....duh!

Let's just "bash" the whole industry for the shortages........no sense bashing the people responsible for the panic buying.......oh my, that sounds just like the gun controllers who want to close gun manufacturers for the misuse of guns instead of blaming the idiots who misuse guns........

Better if we support EVERYONE in the industry in this time of crises. Lyman is a good company that has ans still is serving our bullet casting hobby very well. It is the oldest company that has been doing that for well over 100 years. I've had nothing but good service from Lyman, RCBS, Lee, etc. I'm willing to wait out this panic buying because we've no choice. Let's not help our true enemies by turning on ourselves and "eating our young" so to speak.........

Larry Gibson

LynC2
05-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Yup, Lyman sure is a deadbeat company.....how about you guys hop down to the local gun store and buy a Lee, RCBS or any other pot? Oooops....none there just like most everything else........made by everyone else........

Lyman is probably like every other company these days; at full production trying to meet this crazy panic demand for what they make now and, like every other company, they can't meet current demand. The Mag 25 was announced before the panic set in. I called to order one and they were getting into production. Didn't get it and called back; production on hold to satisfy current production of moulds and other products.....duh!

Let's just "bash" the whole industry for the shortages........no sense bashing the people responsible for the panic buying.......oh my, that sounds just like the gun controllers who want to close gun manufacturers for the misuse of guns instead of blaming the idiots who misuse guns........

Better if we support EVERYONE in the industry in this time of crises. Lyman is a good company that has ans still is serving our bullet casting hobby very well. It is the oldest company that has been doing that for well over 100 years. I've had nothing but good service from Lyman, RCBS, Lee, etc. I'm willing to wait out this panic buying because we've no choice. Let's not help our true enemies by turning on ourselves and "eating our young" so to speak.........

Larry Gibson

I for one certainly won't call Lyman a deadbeat company, having used their products for over 40 years and anxiously waiting for the new pot. In regards to back orders I believe most of us fall in the category of the kid anxiously waiting for Christmas morning to arrive to tear into the presents.
I also am not one to pay the inflated prices I have seen others do in this latest buying frenzy. I'm fortunate to have a good stockpile of powder, primers and bullets for my needs and enough to help out a few friends until things return to normal.

kayak1
07-24-2013, 07:59 AM
I have one of these on order for a few months and am starting to wonder if I need a backup plan. This will be my first casting furnace, (I am brand new at casting). I have picked up ~300lbs of lead Lyman #2 and I have molds in hand waiting and a few others on order as part of group buys. Should I keep on sitting on my hands or should I pickup a Lee 20 pound to get started?

Lizard333
07-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Personally, I'd get the lee 20 to get started, and then move to the Cadillac when it finally arrives. I have two pots, and personally know most casters do as well. I have one set up for pistol rounds and the other for rifle.

Just my two cents😎

kayak1
07-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Personally, I'd get the lee 20 to get started, and then move to the Cadillac when it finally arrives. I have two pots, and personally know most casters do as well. I have one set up for pistol rounds and the other for rifle.

Just my two cents��

Thanks for the advice, I ordered the 20lb pot tonight. I hope it doesn't get shipped USPS, my mail man isn't happy with me as he just delivered the lead.

I also ordered a RCBS cowboy expander die, as my reeding dies are shaving the lead when they seat the lead bullets.

BTW thanks again for the 30-30 bullets!

Xfire68
07-25-2013, 10:35 PM
I ordered one of these about a month ago from Optics Planet. It was the first place I saw it for sale.
They have shown it as available in 5-7 weeks, for about 5-7 weeks now???
I guess it will arrive in the fall, not sure which year though. :)

Did you get it yet?

thehouseproduct
11-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Anyone have one yet?

kayak1
11-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Mine is still back ordered.

el roboto
11-04-2013, 09:10 AM
The problem is its digital. Digital things tend not to last. Doubt it'll make it 30 years like a pro melt. But man, digital readout on the tempature....I just may have to have one if they arent to buggy.

el roboto
11-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Wonder if its gonna be Orange ? I hate orange lol !

*edit* found pics of it and its not orange

Instead of orange it looks like something from the 1980's lol.

el roboto
11-04-2013, 09:17 AM

Tom

Is this drip related to alloy? I never had any drips with my WW alloy but cast up some pure lead last night and that thing turned into a leaky faucet.

Mal Paso
11-04-2013, 09:27 AM
This was announced over a year ago!

When they finally produce the thing will it be worth it. I have not been happy with Lyman molds.

Love Life
11-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Still waiting here....

Jack Stanley
11-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Come to think of it ...... my pro-Melt has been working since the early eighties . The LEE ten pounder hasn't dripped since I welded the hole in the bottom . It doesn't get as much use as the RCBS but I've had it longer .

Jack

Buzz64
11-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Here is the status I received a couple days ago from my backorder:

Thank you for contacting Brownells in regards to your backorder. Your order for item# 749-101-827 LYMAN MAG 25 DIGITAL FURNACE 110V is still active and awaiting fulfillment. We are anticipating, but no guarantees, of mid to late November. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact Customer Service at 1-800-741-0015.

Thank you for shopping with Brownells!

Shuz
11-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I recently bought a used RCBS Pro-Melt because I got tired of waiting for the Lyman new product. I love the Pro-Melt.

Idaho Sharpshooter
11-06-2013, 01:15 AM
I'm okay with the wait; my lovely wife bought me a WAAGE 80lb dip model for my B-day...

stocker
11-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Does any one know if the pot liner is stainless steel?

lka
03-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Has anyone received their pot yet? If so a short review would be great! ;)

Buzz64
03-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Haven't received mine yet. Latest update from Brownell's (from last Thursday) says they now "estimate" delivery in "Mid to late April". Not holding my breath.

Bigslug
03-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Gave up on waiting for them and went with a Pro Melt and a PID. Thus far, the RCBS drips a lot less (none) than my older Lyman Mag 20 (quite a bit). Possibly I'm wrong, but my understanding is the new Lyman will be using the same drippy faucet mechanism.

lka
03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Gave up on waiting for them and went with a Pro Melt and a PID. Thus far, the RCBS drips a lot less (none) than my older Lyman Mag 20 (quite a bit). Possibly I'm wrong, but my understanding is the new Lyman will be using the same drippy faucet mechanism.

For some strange reason my mag 20 didn't drip while casting yesterday. Layman needs to get their stuff together, hell I made the mistake of ordering a part to a 4500 from them, it took 6 months and I couldn't get ahold of anyone there, I even went through their email BS and never got anything, not even an order confirmation. I figured the order didn't go through and got the parts somewhere else then months later a package arrived. Weird. I like their products but will never order from them.

MostlyOnThePaper
03-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Lyman's website now says "Available July 2014"

Not bad for a "New for 2013" product...

cbrick
03-13-2014, 04:17 PM
I think it was a "2012" product actually. Or was it 2011?

Rick

Love Life
03-13-2014, 04:18 PM
I cancelled my order. I have my eye on a promelt if my Lee would ever die.

Buzz64
03-13-2014, 08:16 PM
No biggie, about the same wait as a MiHec group buy.

MostlyOnThePaper
03-14-2014, 02:09 AM
Now THAT is funny!

mpbarry1
06-23-2014, 10:54 PM
anyone get their hands on one of these yet?

Buzz64
06-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Have one on order through Brownell's and their latest update on availability for shipment is next month, July. Had it on order since Feb 2013.

RobS
06-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Let us know when it arrives and how it functions........I had interest and then well, you know,................. you have been waiting. I personally didn't feel like the wait so I just built a PID for a bit over $50 and have been pleasantly satisfied since.

Buzz64
06-24-2014, 11:33 AM
RobS

Will do. BTW, I've been using the lee pro IV 20# with a PID from Frozone (sp?) and have zero complaints with it. Just wanted a second pot for those days when I get on a roll.

Were in Kansas are you - I'm in Lansing.

Jack Stanley
06-24-2014, 11:36 AM
When I started casting in the seventies my first cast bullet load book was Lyman , the gray and black format on the cover . In the back they had a tear out postcard to send to them and get a current catalog . I filled it out and sent it in around 1977 and I'm still waiting for the catalog ...... actually making people wait seems to be their business motto . I'm glad they are still supplying items of shooters I think it helps other companies be good at what they do .

Jack

RobS
06-24-2014, 12:52 PM
RobS

Will do. BTW, I've been using the lee pro IV 20# with a PID from Frozone (sp?) and have zero complaints with it. Just wanted a second pot for those days when I get on a roll.

Were in Kansas are you - I'm in Lansing.

Out south of Salina, KS.

snuffy
06-24-2014, 01:01 PM
I sure wouldn't hold my breath for this to EVER be released for sale.

Anybody here that has built a PID and those that know electronics, know the problem they're trying to solve. HEAT! Or more clearly how to prevent heat from affecting the PID that's mounted along side of a heating coil that should get to around 900 degrees. A forced air fan might be able to do it, so would a tiny air conditioner. CNC machines used in the machine shop where I worked all had an air conditioner for the computer that ran the programs.

Lyman has become a has-been company. They just never caught onto the kind of no-fault customer care so prevalent in reloading companies like Dillon, RCBS and even Lee. Their website is very hard to navigate, needing parts for a 450 sizer, I tried to find a parts list; no such luck. i had to come here, do a search to find a link to the parts list. Then a 10 day wait for the parts .

94Doug
06-24-2014, 07:07 PM
I have a little concern as well regarding Lyman. Although I think that pot looks great, and the price is also great, why is it cheaper then the standard bottom pour? I had heard something about imported. You would think they could make this pot as an improvement over the standard pot, charge a little more, and everyone would be happy. I saw an ad for the new priming tool from Lyman, it looked like it was made out of nylon. Maybe not a bad thing either. Between all this and cheaper trim kits, it makes you wonder where Lyman is headed?

MostlyOnThePaper
06-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Tells me exactly where they are headed...

Buzz64
07-07-2014, 04:31 PM
For those interested, here is the latest (as of 7 July) status on the Mag 25 availability from Brownell's:

Mon, Jul 7 2014 9:17am - staff

Unfortunately we are still a couple months off before they will start to ship. We are doing a small production batch now for final testing. As long as all goes well, we would then start on full production runs and start shipping. We apologize for the continued delays.

DisinterestedThirdParty
07-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Typical Lyman...all BS....

One time I called them on parts for the sizer. The smart *** on the other end was just impossible to talk to. "Do you have an exploded diagram on your website?" ...Websites are expensive, no we don't have that...

I work in customer service and if I pulled that one I'd be on the street corner with a sign "work 4 food".

Which is why I only buy Lyman as a last resort....

Hope this new pot is an exception, but I have my doubts....

zomby woof
07-29-2014, 08:17 PM
We still do not have the Mag 25 Furnaces available due to a delay in manufacturing. At this point, the product has not been manufactured to our quality standards, therefore we are not comfortable releasing this at this time. We hope to have this resolved and ready to ship by Fall 2014. If you would like to cancel your order, please let us know.

BigDanS
08-11-2014, 09:36 AM
We still do not have the Mag 25 Furnaces available due to a delay in manufacturing. At this point, the product has not been manufactured to our quality standards, therefore we are not comfortable releasing this at this time. We hope to have this resolved and ready to ship by Fall 2014. If you would like to cancel your order, please let us know.

In my opinion they must be using China manufacturing. At least they are attempting to do some QC and not just sending them out. This is what happens when you try to make a $400 product for $200.00.

D

youngmman
08-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Lyman has many of their products made in China now but I'm not sure about the furnace. I tried to get one through Midway with a backorder but nothing happened for the longest time so I called them to find out what was going on. They said they get a few that go out fast so they cannot show it as a stock item.

I cancelled the backorder and bought a Magma Master Pot.......expensive but worth it IMHO. I couldn't be happier.........It's made in AZ, USA not @#%#$^%$&%$^