PDA

View Full Version : CBs out of a HK P30 9mm?

S. Galbraith
01-20-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm fairly new to casting, but so far I've had some good luck casting for my Sig P228 9mm. I slugged the barrel, bought a six-cavity 140gr 9mm mold from MP Molds, started off with some pure Lyman #2 alloy, and used a Lyman sizing/lube press. Took a little time to get casting art down, but I churned out some great bullets that put commercial ones to shame. A very satisfying experience.

So, I've been debating buying a H&K P30 9mm, and I'm curious if you guys do much of anything different when casting for the polygonal barrel. I would assume that the leading rumors might indicate that the cast bullets need to be sized down to the slugged barrel dimensions?

Beau Cassidy
01-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Lots of debate on that and there is a sticky on shooting lead in a Glock which has the same rifling. I have a P30 .40 with a .357 sig barrel in it and I tell you it will certainly see lead but the new barrel has conventional rifling. I will also be shooting lead in the regular factory .40 barrel.

mongoosesnipe
01-27-2013, 03:34 AM
slug the bore to figure our what size bullet you need to use then give them a try and carefully inspect the bore every 5 shots of so to check for leading if the bore isn't fouled after a hundred shots or so your good to go also load with a slower powder like universal as faster powders tend to lead more than slow