PDA

View Full Version : 32-20 Starline brass

Newtire
07-13-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't know if this is OK or not to put in here but got myself 500 new .32-20 Starline cases form a place advertised on E-bay for $90.50 Shipped to my door in 4-days. Thought it was a great deal. This brass is really a cut above Rem or Winchester. Necks not thim at all.

Anyway, here's the guy's address if anyone is interested.
http://myworld.ebay.com/bbbcomponents/

StanDahl
07-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Sounds great to me! I bought 500 from Dillon a few years ago, and I can't remember what I paid. The latest Dillon catalog that I have is Feb '07, and 500 32-20's were $87.72, before shipping.

Starline 32-20 brass is good stuff. I just got out my dial caliper (not micrometer) and measured some case mouths. There really doesn't seem to be a big difference between some old R-P and Starline, although on average, the Starline is anywhere from the same to about a thousandth thicker, but my technique may be questionable. Stan

Harry O
07-14-2007, 06:32 PM
I sectioned and measured one case each of Starline, Winchester, and Remington shortly after Starline appeared. It does have a slightly thicker neck. Even that slight amount makes a big difference on the neck buckling or tearing.

For some strange reason, the case gets thicker the closer it gets to the base. The walls at the bottom are much thicker than either Win or Rem. Don't know why, but if you are using them with maximum loads or in really old guns, reduce any load developed with the Win or Rem cases. The case capacity is less (otherwise, this is not a problem -- the 32-20 has much more capacity than needed when used with smokeless powder).

Dragoon
07-14-2007, 07:37 PM
I have some Starline 32-20s that have been loaded 14 times now. It is good stuff.

Newtire
07-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Looks like I got an OK deal although looks like Dillon is cheaper. It was great fun Saturday blowing off 150+ rounds at the range. I'm so used to spending alot of time prepping the brass that this was a cool deal just being able to prime, powder up, & boolitize. All crimps came out in the same place etc. etc. I got a couple of nice loads using a j-word bullet and some promising groups with AA#9 with the boolit out of the old Ideal #4 mold I got off E-bay and also the RCBS 32-98. Put a set of Hogue rubber finger-grooved grips on my peestola and then sent for a RedDot sight & mount off of Midway right after I got back from the range. So far I've got about $800.00 into this .32-20 pistol thing. Loving it!

9.3X62AL
07-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I absolutely love the Starline 32-20 brass, whether in rifle or handgun applications. MUCH stronger, and not as prone to stretching unevenly as the R-P and W-W brass is.

GSM
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Everything I've ever purchased from Starline has been a step above the other guys - 38 Spec., 45 ACP, 32 Mag, 357, 45 Auto Rim.

Worth the price difference.