PDA

View Full Version : Cast Boolit Rolodex

Hamish
01-20-2013, 02:32 AM
It occurs to me that in the coming struggle with the current state and federal "interpretations" of all things Constitutional, that sooner or later, there are going to CB members who's presence is going to go quiet due to "negotiations" with the authorities, in numbers that none of us heretofore have seen.

If there is no Cast Boolits "central list" for saying "if you don't hear from me, please check on me", then maybe that might be something to discuss.

Either way, we are all going to have to learn to be able to lean on each other more than ever.

nhrifle
01-20-2013, 03:09 AM
I am in complete agreement. I have been trying to come up with an idea to implement just such an early warning system, but nothing good yet. I am here every day and am hopeful that would get noticed by someone. However, many of our members are not addicts like me. The only viable thing I have come up with so far is that each member give their login information to a trusted friend or family member with instructions to log in and post the situation so our members can prepare for themselves and perhaps mobilize if necessary. Now more than ever, communication is becoming more and more important.

oldarkie
01-21-2013, 10:08 AM
obumer gave himself by exeutive order the power to shut down the internet and phone system,but said he would never use it.why have the power if youer not going to use it?

Freightman
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
obumer gave himself by exeutive order the power to shut down the internet and phone system,but said he would never use it.why have the power if youer not going to use it?
If he does he will get the young and middle age very upset as you can take guns but you better leave my i phone alone, he will start a revolution if he does that.

Bad Water Bill
01-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Since the powers that be are constantly improving the site (and doing a great job) I wonder if there is a way of listing our phone # somewhere that can be viewed by the powers that be only.

Just a thought by another OLD man.

runfiverun
01-21-2013, 02:49 PM
you'd have to have someone "honcho" the list so that anybody that wanted/needed a phone number could access it.
you'd have to send them a number and a list of whom you'd let have it.
it would be a daunting task to keep track of the numbers on paper.
you could have a few numbers on your own.[kind of a keep an eye on me thing]
i have a few members phone numbers scattered around the country and some have mine.
if something big were happening i'm sure i'd call them as soon as i could, but i have a lot of local contacts to make first.

HATCH
01-21-2013, 02:54 PM
And not to mention the fact that who ever keeps the list also could be compromised.......

cloakndagger
01-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Start with yourself, then your friends. Have two seargents, they get together with other seargents, and elect two leutenants, etc. up the line.

smoked turkey
01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Shut down the internet huh? The "O" factor just likes to have power over 'everything'. He must be pretty insecure in himself. You know what they say: A person all wrapped up in themselves makes a pretty small package.

RoyEllis
01-21-2013, 09:06 PM
If he does he will get the young and middle age very upset as you can take guns but you better leave my i phone alone, he will start a revolution if he does that.

And I fear we may well be headed for just such a catastrophe, I pray the next 4yrs pass quietly but I'm not so certain they will. A revolution could perhaps straighten out some things with the current government, but at a horrendous cost to America as a whole.

geargnasher
01-21-2013, 09:14 PM
If they shut down the internet there'd be half a million screaming, fifteen-year-old girls busting through the walls of the White House by the end of the first day.

If I disappear look for me in the news. My pic is in the ugly mug thread.

Gear

45nut
01-25-2013, 07:14 PM
register at the group buy link and there are only a few of us with access to the contact info..........hint hint.

shooter93
01-25-2013, 08:02 PM
If you don't hear from me in 8 or 10 years....just figure I probably didn't make it.

429421Cowboy
01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
I too have wondered how you guys would find out if something happened to me. I may just leave Miss K with some specific instructions on notifying you fellers.

I too agree that we will be leaning more and more on each other here as things get worse, even for the simple stuff that we discuss everyday, like homemade primers or BP. Also things like using something other than your ideal component or powder, somebody here has probably done it. Keep an ear to the ground and keep us in touch, we've got to have each other's back at a time like this!

WILCO
01-26-2013, 04:38 AM
I'll have someone notify you folks if I'm detained, dead or an invalid. I know I don't contribute much to the forums, but I'm sure somebody would scratch their chin and wonder "Whatever happened to WILCO?".

JeffinNZ
01-26-2013, 05:10 AM
I have contact beyong the forum with other members. Email and phone. If I cease to exist they would post etc.

Case in point: SWMBO loves Facebook (me, I don't have an account). She is in contact with one other forum member, his wife and the son of a friend from Alabama. The other day I emailed my mate in AL telling him I had been instructed to contact him as his son told my wife I had not been heard from.

Seems to work.

Stephen Cohen
01-26-2013, 06:13 AM
If I read this thread correctly, you need a system something like, the underground freedom fighters of France and Holland had during WW2. Each member only knew the member who recruited them. Or a budy system.

frogman44
01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm too old, too cranky, and too American to meekly submit to "negotiations." I expect that, should the JBTs come to "interview" me, it will likely make the news.

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-26-2013, 11:22 AM
" I expect that, should the JBTs come to "interview" me, it will likely make the news.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/James64/Smilies/images.jpg

km101
01-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Since the powers that be are constantly improving the site (and doing a great job) I wonder if there is a way of listing our phone # somewhere that can be viewed by the powers that be only.

Just a thought by another OLD man.

Anything on this site, or any other on the internet, are subject to being subpoenaed by the Justice Dept. if they can convince a judge it is necessary. And there are any number of "tame judges" that will sign anything for them. It would not be a good idea to have a central database with lots of info. on the entire membership that might have to be turned over to someone we dont want to have it. JMO